Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Well I think it's worth it to have a fully skilled Water Hellhound, if you don't already. I haven't messed with Wind yet but since he has Double Strike I'm willing to bet he's pretty good. Also since I can't find a Raoq i've been finding myself wishing I had more hellhounds. They're just so darned effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The secret dungeon aspect is pretty cool thanks to microminitaur finding it

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009
I am Snaykei. Be my friend. I want more friends.

EDIT: I just got a mystical scroll from the Hall of Magic B1. :D Aaandd its Fire Inugami. Is that good?

Snayke fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Mar 27, 2015

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yes. Meet your first stringer for the foreseeable future.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Snayke posted:

Aaandd its Fire Inugami.

One day I shall have you. One day...

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Snayke posted:

I am Snaykei. Be my friend. I want more friends.

EDIT: I just got a mystical scroll from the Hall of Magic B1. :D Aaandd its Fire Inugami. Is that good?

I've probably done 40-50 mystical scrolls at this point, and while I do have a couple of better pulls sitting around(Fire Rakshasa, Wind Sylph, couple others), I still use Fire Inugami in pretty much all content that matters.

Even when facing Ice foes. He's just super good for how easy he is to set up with runes and whatnot while my Rakshasa(Hwa) requires crazy specific runes from hard stages, and Wind Sylph is even worse in that regard.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Violent Runes are getting changed. Higher chance of first proc but the proc chance keeps going down after that.

1st chance goes from 20 -> 22, but then goes down to 15.4% for a second activation, and so on.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Is that really that big of a nerf? I heard a LOT of Sky Is Falling doom-and-gloom in general chat, but honestly I only rarely see Violent proc twice in a row. So it'll be rarer now, but it was rare in the first place, so I don't think I'll notice it?

I guess if you're running Hwa teams versus the ToA 100 boss it'll be a big problem but I imagine if you're relying that much on luck it probably wasn't meant to be in the first place.

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009
Ah yes, runes. I have a few from 4 different types but of course I don't know the optimal set up. I shall do some research about it some time. For now its time to dive into Pillars of Eternity!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
When companies mess around with percentages like this, a part of me wonders if they actually change anything at all. How would we even know? Especially when its something like powering up runes.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 27, 2015

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Vincent Valentine posted:

Is that really that big of a nerf? I heard a LOT of Sky Is Falling doom-and-gloom in general chat, but honestly I only rarely see Violent proc twice in a row. So it'll be rarer now, but it was rare in the first place, so I don't think I'll notice it?

I guess if you're running Hwa teams versus the ToA 100 boss it'll be a big problem but I imagine if you're relying that much on luck it probably wasn't meant to be in the first place.

Here is a good post from Reddit on the math behind it. Basically the TL;DR is that it will actually be a little more consistent just because of that greater chance for the first proc.

http://www.reddit.com/r/summonerswar/comments/2zs6d8/some_more_number_crunching_new_fatal_vs_rage/

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Free devilmon ingame- Go to Event, New Summoners, scroll down and hit the red "collect" button.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Maxed out Lushen just in time to shove this poo poo down a fire raksasha's throat.

Anyone have a rep monster that can solo B7+ of fire dungeon? Don't want to waste the rep use if they can't handle it. They'll be rolling with a 4* water garuda and a 4* water howl, plus whatever other bullshit I decide is best

I really neglected a lot of early support mons so I am rebuilding teams capable of handling B7.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

When companies mess around with percentages like this, a part of me wonders if they actually change anything at all. How would we even know? Especially when its something like powering up runes.

That's what dataminers are for, though I don't know if there are any people doing that for Summoners War. For some other games, people have bots set up to dig through any changes in the data whenever an update comes in.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
Can't believe I never thought of using a macro software before. They're not even retroactively banning people who did.

:smith:

In separate news, I use a home-made macro program to automate some work-related email tasks on my phone and also play SW on that phone. Does anyone have a guess as to whether this is going to get me banned if I leave it on by mistake because it falsifies an input or if their stuff more likely works like Warden and just looks for the names of disallowed programs?

Also, should I 6 Shannon so I can finally auto G10 or should I just 6 Tyron for smashin dudes?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

My first.

:allears:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Violent Runes are getting changed. Higher chance of first proc but the proc chance keeps going down after that.

1st chance goes from 20 -> 22, but then goes down to 15.4% for a second activation, and so on.

loving FINALLY

Friendly Lurker
Apr 7, 2012

IOIOIOIOIOIOIO

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm convinced someone at com2us follows this thread. DR on Violent Runes was suggested here a while ago, and I'm sure elsewhere, but I'm keeping my tinfoil hat on com2us :tinfoil:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Actually summoned, with the cheapie lowbie scrolls, a awakened 2 star Samour Wind. I believe that is the low elementals?
Just surprised I got something already awakened.....I assume he is still food though?

In other news I've been making my way through the first few zones on hard for xp and better runes. Once the water dungeon comes back I plan to farm hardcore to try and awaken my Water Hellhound, he is incredibly fast, and I want light for my Garuda.
Once the hellhound hits max 3 I got enough to bump him to 4 stars too.

I'll say this about this game, compared to some of the other f2p games, it does seem like there is actual long term goals. Your not doing nonstop special events praying to rank high enough to get one card or buff whatever(maybe thats different in pvp)so I enjoy that about it.

Oh I go ta 3 star harpy wind I might actually mess with some too. Seems liek she has some potential to be somewhat useful

Oh how do you setup your defense so people will attack you to kick your rear end down? Mine is currently sent as 3 healers and a lovely hellhound and no one goes for them. Should I have just 2 people set or what? I'm tired of my opponents being lvl 36 with god teams vs mine ok team

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

My defense team of an awakened level 1 3* Fire Howl has a lifetime defense percent of .000

Sometimes you find a few people who tank defense to trade wins with but you get a surprising amount of 6* level 40 guys beating up your dumb little defender.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Anyone know of a couple relatively easy to get Aoe monsters to farm up?
I'd like to mess with some more of these secret dungeons but my aoe is severely lacking outside of my 2 Death Knights.

edit: Yeah the issue is those lvl 30+ 6 star teams are all at my level anyways so I can't even try to get any wins right now. Anyone I fight just wrecks my poo poo right now

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

You can refresh your matchup list like every 2 or 3 minutes. I'm level 28 but usually hang out at 1150-1250 just by refreshing my list frequently and killing the 0-3 people per list that have joke defenders or whatever. Sure most of the people have full 5-6 star teams that would stomp me but I just don't fight them.

greatapoc
Apr 4, 2005
Oh my gawwwwwwd just when I thought I was ready to focus on the rest of my roster this had to happen

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

We've kicked an inactive member so SA Fancy Cats now has a spot open.

Incidentally, there's a Guild Battle event on where if you fight in 17 guild battles, you get an angelmon-rainbowmon party pack.

EDIT: Spot taken!

Runa fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 27, 2015

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

greatapoc posted:

Oh my gawwwwwwd just when I thought I was ready to focus on the rest of my roster this had to happen

drat, congrats!

The other rewards for the guild battle event are solid too. 50k mana stones, 50 energy, mystic scroll, 12 hour exp boost plus summoning stones, 3 angelmons and a 4* rainbowmon. Fight in 17 battles and you get everything.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Suprfli6 posted:

You can refresh your matchup list like every 2 or 3 minutes. I'm level 28 but usually hang out at 1150-1250 just by refreshing my list frequently and killing the 0-3 people per list that have joke defenders or whatever. Sure most of the people have full 5-6 star teams that would stomp me but I just don't fight them.
Yeah I've been doing that to get some more matches in. Trying to get more rep so I can get another devilmon, sitting on 3 of em right now not sure who to feed them to yet.

greatapoc posted:

Dude so loving jealous.
I'm saving up my Crystals to grab the summoner pack in a few days over the immediate gratification of just 2 summons now. The more food the better
Really want a water warbear, the self rez'ing one, to go with Wind awakened one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

We've kicked an inactive member so SA Fancy Cats now has a spot open.

Incidentally, there's a Guild Battle event on where if you fight in 17 guild battles, you get an angelmon-rainbowmon party pack.

Applied as infuriate.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Really want a water warbear, the self rez'ing one, to go with Wind awakened one.

I've been farming skill ups for mine (and leveling other poo poo up) while I wait for the water dungeon to show up so I can awaken him. I just pulled a beast hunter using the stone summon. Is he any good?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I just pulled a beast hunter using the stone summon. Is he any good?

Which one? I recently got a wind one that seems pretty good. Looks like high damage due to natural crit, defense debuffer, stops healing too. If nothing else he would perform well in the wind dungeon.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 28, 2015

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, one of the beast hunters is a fusion material. Take a look, not sure which.

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
So I just pulled a Water Barbaric King, anyone got one of these? Can drop dots and steal buffs, doesn't look too bad.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mysticblade posted:

Yeah, one of the beast hunters is a fusion material. Take a look, not sure which.

It's the Fire Beast Master, he's fusion for Baretta I think?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I got the water beast hunter, I keep forgetting the monsters can have varying elements.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
In that case my advice is to use it as fodder. I have two of them, which I will be feeding to the third to evolve :unsmigghh: (this results in skill ups, in case anyone was wondering)

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 28, 2015

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

So now that defense is serious business in guild wars can I get some recommendations for my defense?

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
I always think twice before attacking a team with Ramagos because if you aren't careful, you're out one monster for the rest of the battle. Bernard, Kono, Raoq is something I'd try out.

You have a nice amount of good monsters like Copper that 15k's peoples faces, Lumirecia that can solo Dragons, Rina that tanks everything, and the two nine tails. Work on those guys along with the 4*'s that you have right now.

The game seems to always have some event going on. Whether it's a holiday specific event or a HoH/Secret Dungeon week, there seems to be something up and running. Here's a calendar that tracks the events. Also for all the newer players, you can get 20 free energy twice a day if you play between 3pm-6pm and 1am-4am PST on the global server.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ramagos is interestingly more of a threat in 3v3 since it's much easier to overpower one with three mons than just two. Factor in the possibility of him taking out one of your A-team for the rest of the guild battle and he's found yet another niche.

Honestly, a whole line of people with high-level Ramagods in their lineups means a lot of potential whittling down of attackers.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
To anyone new...get yourself some Warbears. Seriously they are that drat good.
There are matches that I farm on hard, for XP or because I want another warbear, that the guy who wins it for me is the awakened bear.

Get your runes, don't have monsters without them, and awaken a warbear asap if remotely possible. They are incredibly helpful and tanky.
My goal is to run a awakened wind one, my current one, with a awakened water one. That should give me a drat solid base to farm XP with for new monsters as they can take a hell of a beating
No I most likely won't be farming hell with them but Hard is a great stepping stone.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Tiny Chalupa posted:

There are matches that I farm on hard, for XP or because I want another warbear, that the guy who wins it for me is the awakened bear.

Get your runes, don't have monsters without them, and awaken a warbear asap if remotely possible. They are incredibly helpful and tanky.
My goal is to run a awakened wind one, my current one, with a awakened water one. That should give me a drat solid base to farm XP with for new monsters as they can take a hell of a beating
No I most likely won't be farming hell with them but Hard is a great stepping stone.

Wind bear is the ramagos posted on every page I've read. Water's good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Oh, they can do hell just fine. Ive got a lvl 35 Dagora and leveling a Ramagos along with 2 fodder, and they can clear stage 1 of the Swift rune area on hell on auto. Runes are a mixture of 2-4 star energy runes with HP% on them.

Takes a while, sure, but grinding is something you do while watching videos anyways. :v: