Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

When I was like 10 or so one of my friend's moms took my friend and I to a store and we bought Pokemon the day it came out, but I was always really upset that we waited until the afternoon. I missed out on so much video game time that day.

How about you, any memorable experiences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I waited outside best buy for grand theft auto 4 and the giant bomb crew showed up and filmed it. I watched my friend very awkwardly ask jeff gertsmann for a job, right after someone in line tried to tell me you could break open the PSP umd cases and put the little disc in your PS3 and it would play, because it's basically the same operating system.

Good memories

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The only midnight release I ever went to was for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The Gamestop I went to even ran a small tournament for a demo build of the game that I took part in. It was a good time.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Nintendo Wii, OP. I was convinced that motion controls would be the future of gaming.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I went to a midnight release for a WoW expansion and there were maybe 10 people standing in line, I found out the next day that the line at the other walmart in town was a couple hundred people and I felt pretty good about my decisions

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Super Smash Brothers or Wind Waker, I can't remember. What I do remember is that I got the :krad: gamecube version of Ocarina of Time/Master Quest with it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Lord Lambeth posted:

Super Smash Brothers or Wind Waker, I can't remember. What I do remember is that I got the :krad: gamecube version of Ocarina of Time/Master Quest with it.

I think it was Halo 2. I didn't get my game until about 2 AM and then I think I did it again for Halo 3. But after Halo 3, I learned my lesson. Midnight releases suck for me because I always end up just falling asleep anyways.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
First midnight release was Super Smash Bros Brawl with a friend my sophomore year of college. Decent line at the store considering it was a January night in Michigan, but we still had time to take it back to his house and play it for a few hours. Good times.

On a similar note, the first game I can remember rushing out for was biking a few miles to pick up Soul Calibur II for the Gamecube on (or close to) release day. Then it started pouring rain on my bike ride back :shepface: Worth it, or at least that was how I felt at the time.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

call of duty black ops

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
fable

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I can't remember because I haven't killed myself for waiting outside a store for a game release yet.

• Locked thread