Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
not guilty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

it's pretty irresponsible to air a tv show calling a dude guilty before his trial but i guess he's rich so it's ok???

it was just as hosed when they released american sniper before the trial of the (clearly insane) dude who killed him was declared "not insane" by a jury of people who watched american sniper and love the dead guy who killed people from far away

When you said american sniper I thought you were talking about that dude in DC and was for a moment very confused.

You guys have an excess of snipers.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

how me a frog posted:

When you said american sniper I thought you were talking about that dude in DC and was for a moment very confused.

You guys have an excess of snipers.

i'm just gonna say it:

sniping is wrong - you shouldn't snipe

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

i'm just gonna say it:

sniping is wrong - you shouldn't snipe

agreed

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
and yet fred durst remains free

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm Robert durst (wastes a bunch of lawyers time googling around)

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

and yet fred durst remains free

The Jamaican fella needs an aspirin for his headache. FD

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
he has T-Nugz money and yet he is not T-Nugz

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Melmac posted:

[*]handwriting and misspellings on envelope to police are 100% identical to a previous letter billionaire guy sent to the home of the woman he murdered; evidence wasn't found until documentary came out that this was hidden by the dead woman's stepson because billionaire guy paid for his college tuition to shut the gently caress up; stepson not brought up on charges for some reason

oh I thought it seemed pretty believable that he found the letter recently digging through his mother's things, but now that i think about it, this seems pretty loving retarded of me

also I have two more episodes left but I'm still surprised nobody mentioned yet if at all how close the murder shopping list found in his garbage was to the cadaver note, both things I thought the police had long before the letter was found

ethanol fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 23, 2015

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The gently caress?? Is there some magic loving number that you give lawyers to not go to jail over anything???

"I'll pay you 3,617,888 dollars to defend me."
*lawyers eyebrows raise in interest* *lawyer folds his fingers together* *anime glasses glare*
"I see you know the amount it costs for a true defense...."

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

ethanol posted:

oh I thought it seemed pretty believable that he found the letter recently digging through his mother's things, but now that i think about it, this seems pretty loving retarded of me

It's easy to miss because her stepson seemed like an OK guy at first but in one the episodes he outrights admits he needed $200,000 to go to college and Robert Durst gave it to him and so he went to the public saying Robert did nothing wrong and he just so happened to have a box of stuff implicating Robert all this time and then cried when he gave it to the filmmakers lol

ethanol posted:

also I have two more episodes left but I'm still surprised nobody mentioned yet if at all how close the murder shopping list found in his garbage was to the cadaver note, both things I thought the police had long before the letter was found

oh yeah I actually forgot the shopping list. It was literally something like "ditch, shovel, woods, dirt, soil, body, carcass" lmao it was ridiculous

I can't believe police didn't even bother to check the handwriting of literally anything else Robert ever wrote to the note he sent to the cops. The handwriting was identical. He didn't even try to hide it.

Where can we ever find a handwriting sample from our main suspect??? :confused:

jenny jones fan fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 23, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Melmac posted:

It's easy to miss because her stepson seemed like an OK guy at first but in one the episodes he outrights admits he needed $200,000 to go to college and Robert Durst gave it to him and so he went to the public saying Robert did nothing wrong and he just so happened to have a box of stuff implicating Robert all this time and then cried when he gave it to the filmmakers lol

He said he asked for 200k but got $25,000 a year for 4 years. I mean, a rich person would probably give somebody that close to them college tuition like that, it doesn't necessarily mean it was given as a bribe for the letter that durst didn't know he had. Durst seems guilty as sin but I'm not convinced the son traded his knowledge of his mother's murder to the murderer for college tuition

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

ethanol posted:

He said he asked for 200k but got $25,000 a year for 4 years. I mean, an innocent rich person would probably give somebody that close college tuition like that, it doesn't necessarily mean it was given as a bribe for the letter that durst didn't know he had

drat maybe I took it all wrong then. I definitely got the vibe that Robert bought the stepson's silence. I could totally be wrong about that.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Am on episode 3, is animal cruelty ever mentioned, do they confront him on it?

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Mr Underhill posted:

Nah i dont think its ever mentioned.

Reminder that he litetally admitted to killing all these people to his wife and uses the codeword igor (what he named all the dogs he chopped up) when he talks about killing more people with his wife...while hes in jail lmaaaaooooo

He literally tells his wife hes going to igor his brother and she freaks out and tells him the convo is being recorded lmao

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
How loving hard is it to just write with your offhand

Or you know, change the characteristic poo poo of your own handwriting. Put hats on a's, use cursive I's, etc this wouldn't necessarily save you cause I'm sure hand writing forensics is better than that but it's too bad that it isn't forensics that decides if you're guilty but your retarded peers

I mean I guess it doesn't fuckin matter if you just have enough money

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Like if u actually believe that this guy didnt kill anybody ur actually wrong because he literally kills a guy in texas and paid 1.5 million dollars to get away with it. He literally says those words to his wife on the phone it got me lollin.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh my god don't execute him please

He's already 71.

Just drain his assets / estate and lock him up. I was gonna say out on the streets but then he'd probably igor a hotdog vendor

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The one thing about the letter though is how conveniently it shows up. How hard would it be to fake that? Probably planted by that dastardly Durst corporation or the desperate for success filmmakers.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also lmao @ the title for the documentary. The life and deaths.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
eccentric rich weirdo murders many and gets away with it for literally decades because money

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
The guy is like the onion article of serial killers

Rich mastermind kills a guy and chops him up; texas jury literally laughs @ his jokes and finds him not guilty

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

pretty sure they have a shot for that

.22 caliber

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

*bursts through the thread's doors in a hurry, sweating and panting*

Has...has anyone made a joke about how he has the same last name as the guy from Limp Bizkit yet???

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Mr Underhill posted:

No it is never mentioned. Just the "Igor" thing and you see pics of him with his dogs.

The cat beheadings came about from the judge from the trial he was acquitted on. The dog info came from his brother maybe 2 weeks ago.

ethanol posted:

The one thing about the letter though is how conveniently it shows up. How hard would it be to fake that? Probably planted by that dastardly Durst corporation or the desperate for success filmmakers.

The letter showing up wasn't even really important because they had hundreds of documents at their disposal that showed his handwriting but never bothered to even look into it. He also just so happened to fly to California from New York to stay like 3 hours from the woman he killed. When they asked why he was in California, randomly, during Christmas time he said "I dunno, I just hung out in the woods".

It was really weird how the letter showed up which is why I thought the stepson was protecting Robert.

The handwriting is completely identical. The only "new" thing is how he spelled it "Beverley Hills".

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
I mean just watch his reaction when confronted with the 2 letters lol its crazy 2 watch him quickly try 2 change the subject right when he realizes hes caught

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

roymorrison posted:

The guy is like the onion article of serial killers

Rich mastermind kills a guy and chops him up; texas jury literally laughs @ his jokes and finds him not guilty

Why yes he is.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/when-im-acquitted-ill-murder-those-interviewers-ro,38226/

Aug 4, 2010

i just finished watchin the show, it was very good. he wil get away with it because he is in the 1%

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

roymorrison posted:

I mean just watch his reaction when confronted with the 2 letters lol its crazy 2 watch him quickly try 2 change the subject right when he realizes hes caught

yeah it was completely amazing. He just starts choking and literally begins expulsing gas.

He was one step away from screaming "ACK!! I've been had!!"

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
if he were 60 years younger he would've been a goon.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Watched The Jinx this weekend. It was ok. Texas jurors in the show are dumb as poo poo, but that's an indictment of the American jury system generally. Who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to let 12 people, specifically chosen to be as stupid and impressionable as possible, decide complex legal issues?

Unless the cops have evidence more evidence re: the CA woman that wasn't in the show, they'll have an uphill climb to proving he was the one who pulled the trigger. They can place him in California, they can even prove he sent the cadaver letter, but they can't prove he was in her house and shot her. His bathroom "confession" audio while on the set of a TV show that was apparently found 2 years after the scene was shot won't hold up - not when you have multiple million dollar lawyers and idiot juries who believe "the mean DA from New York made me self-defend :qq: "

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

when he starts burping it was p funny

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It's hilarious how his sociopathic lack of emotion and his attention to detail can be mistaken for being just a stereotypical new york city rear end in a top hat compared to all the :qq: texas cops and lawyers who are all breaking down emotionally bout loving up the big case

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

someone plz overdub farting noises over burping interview

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

ethanol posted:

his attention to detail

He comes off as a literal sperg in the show with the level of minutia involved in his grand plans, while being completely oblivious to common sense. Hiding in Galveston, TX from your criminal past in New York? Okay fair enough. Doing so while concocting this elaborate roleplay scenario of being a deaf-mute woman botanist? He pours into all the detail about how his only choice was that he had to get a full wig and create this whole new identity. That's sperg-level commitment.

He has the same type of response for why he shaved his head and eyebrows, and how he had no choice but to shave off all his hair in order to hide his identity because growing a beard and mustache would take too long. :confused:

On the cadaver letter he spergs into the detail about how the writer obviously used the block lettering to hide their identity, but is totally oblivious (at least until he's called out on it) to the idea that handwriting, even block letters, can be identified when it's as unique as his.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Tipps posted:

. They can place him in California, they can even prove he sent the cadaver letter, but they can't prove he was in her house and shot her.

uhm the postmark on the cadaver letter was such that it was sent before anyone even found her body.

Meaning...get this: the person who sent the letter was either a) the murderer or b) roommates with the murderer

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Melmac posted:

uhm the postmark on the cadaver letter was such that it was sent before anyone even found her body.

Meaning...get this: the person who sent the letter was either a) the murderer or b) roommates with the murderer

You can show the jury he probably wrote it but it's handwriting and can be faked, there has to be more evidence than that and there is no clear motive beyond the hearsay of susan's friends (which was to be frank, a very weak part of the show)

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Wikipedia posted:

The rules of his release required him to stay near his home; permission was required to travel.[24]
That December, Durst made an unauthorized trip to the boarding house where Black had been killed and to a nearby shopping mall. At the mall, he ran into the presiding judge from his murder trial, Susan Criss.

Thats....pretty unlucky.
I mean what are the chances of that??

Also personally I presume most billionaires have murdered/had someone else murder a few people and this guy is only up to his neck because he's a loving idiot.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Melmac posted:

Defence Lawyer: He drove to her house and was the first to find the body, and he reported it to the police anonymously via the cadaver letter - not wanting to get involved knowing they would never believe him on account of his suspicious past. He never shot her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Thats....pretty unlucky.
I mean what are the chances of that??

Also personally I presume most billionaires have murdered/had someone else murder a few people and this guy is only up to his neck because he's a loving idiot.

yep that's when he visited her home to leave her cat heads :stonk:

• Locked thread