Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Pretty interesting that his father and brother probs knew he killed his wife but didnt care cuz theyre rich lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

fyodor posted:

someone plz overdub farting noises over burping interview

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

roymorrison posted:

Pretty interesting that his father and brother probs knew he killed his wife but didnt care cuz theyre rich lol

Yeah, when it first happened back in 83-84, they hired a legit Lawyer for Bob, and that lawyer hired a legit private investigator.

The PI investigated, and discovered every word out of Durst's mouth was a lie, and even had 3rd parties plant false info to newspapers about the disappearance.

So the PI reported that to the Lawyer, who reported that to Durst's family - who fired the PI.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Yeah, when it first happened back in 83-84, they hired a legit Lawyer for Bob, and that lawyer hired a legit private investigator.

The PI investigated, and discovered every word out of Durst's mouth was a lie, and even had 3rd parties plant false info to newspapers about the disappearance.

So the PI reported that to the Lawyer, who reported that to Durst's family - who fired the PI.

Is that why it was reported that supposedly the doorman saw her go back up to her apartment and then during the documentary it was like "uh no, nobody ever said that"?

That part confused me.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Melmac posted:

Is that why it was reported that supposedly the doorman saw her go back up to her apartment and then during the documentary it was like "uh no, nobody ever said that"?

That part confused me.

Yup and I think you can specifically see in the Durst Family PI/Lawyer documentation that the doorman originally told them he did NOT see her and over the course of a few days a new narrative for her last few days was created, even up to the part about Drust stopping at a friend's house for a drink right after dropping her off at the train station (none of this happened)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
why did he kill those people?

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
This guy is the reason the estate tax needs to top out at like 95%.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What is interesting to me is how hard you have to actually try to get convicted of a crime if you're a rich white man.

Like if this dude was some random black guy he'd never get away with chopping his neighbors up into bits and claiming self defense, in fact he'd probably get shot while getting put under arrest.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Nooner posted:

Because man is the most dangerous game of all

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Nooner posted:

Killed the wife because he's a sociopath.

Killed the neighbour because neighbour found out his real identity, and that would've ruined his master plan of living in secret as a deaf mute lady botanist in Galveston, TX.

Killed the friend because she was gonna get questioned by the police and knew the truth about his wife.

next step: Kill the new wife because she is going to bend right over and rat him out when she's charged with conspiracy to commit first degree murder, aiding and abetting, destruction of evidence, etc., when she finds out she won't get a dime of his fortune because the family will block it, and won't be protected by spousal privilege since she admited to everything on recorded jail calls.

Tipps fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 23, 2015

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

The gently caress?? Is there some magic loving number that you give lawyers to not go to jail over anything???

"I'll pay you 3,617,888 dollars to defend me."
*lawyers eyebrows raise in interest* *lawyer folds his fingers together* *anime glasses glare*
"I see you know the amount it costs for a true defense...."

expensive lawyers only got him halfway there

for his wife, since she supposedly disappeared in new york city, his rich family had the nypd bury the case without investigating. she is probably buried in the jesery pines somewhere, a wilderness with few people living there.

for the guy he chopped up, the critical peice of evidence was the head which the cops never found. and also retarded texas juries.

for the l.a. murder, the lapd didn't have enough evidence to tie him to the crime, but maybe they do now with this note the documentarians found which is why he was arrested again.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Tipps posted:

\when she finds out she won't get a dime of his fortune because the family will block it, and won't be protected by spousal privilege since she admited to everything on recorded jail calls.

lol owned

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

What is interesting to me is how hard you have to actually try to get convicted of a crime if you're a rich white man.

Like if this dude was some random black guy he'd never get away with chopping his neighbors up into bits and claiming self defense, in fact he'd probably get shot while getting put under arrest.

if he wasn't rich he would have been in jail for the time he stole the hoagie from Wegman's

Actually it would be kind of funny if there was a follow up documentary investigating why he wasn't brought up on shoplifting charges

ethanol posted:

Yup and I think you can specifically see in the Durst Family PI/Lawyer documentation that the doorman originally told them he did NOT see her and over the course of a few days a new narrative for her last few days was created, even up to the part about Drust stopping at a friend's house for a drink right after dropping her off at the train station (none of this happened)

the story he concocted where he went to his neighbor's for drinks fell apart when they, you know, asked the neighbor if he was there. But how did it become "fact" that the doorman saw her?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

pr0p posted:

Okay, bye bye.

I laughed, fyi. He talks in such a weird way.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tipps posted:

Killed the neighbour because neighbour found out his real identity, and that would've ruined his master plan of living in secret as a deaf mute lady botanist in Galveston, TX.

Was it like Don't Look Now, the neighbor cornered him and he turned around and *surprise* he wasn't a mute woman but a psycho old man?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
According to prosecutors, Durst moved to Galveston, Texas in 2000, lived in a boarding house, and began posing as a mute woman to avoid questioning concerning Kathie's disappearance.[16]

On November 30, 2001, he was caught in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania at a Wegmans supermarket, after trying to shoplift a chicken salad sandwich, Band-Aids (Durst had removed them from a box and placed one under his nose, attracting the attention of store surveillance), and a newspaper, even though he had $500 cash in his pocket.[12][17] A police search of his rented car yielded $37,000 in cash, two guns, marijuana, and Black's driver's license.[18]

Jesus Christ this guy.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
i hope he gets off then slowly but surely hunts down the film crew one by one.

Tipps posted:

Killed the wife because he's a sociopath.

Killed the friend because she was gonna get questioned by the police and knew the truth about his wife.

next step: Kill the new wife because she is going to bend right over and rat him out when she's charged with conspiracy to commit first degree murder, aiding and abetting, destruction of evidence, etc., when she finds out she won't get a dime of his fortune because the family will block it, and won't be protected by spousal privilege since she admited to everything on recorded jail calls.

fyad as gently caress

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I wanna just roll around with thousands of dollars in cash and guns and drugs this guy loving rules

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Entropic posted:

According to prosecutors, Durst moved to Galveston, Texas in 2000, lived in a boarding house, and began posing as a mute woman to avoid questioning concerning Kathie's disappearance.[16]

On November 30, 2001, he was caught in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania at a Wegmans supermarket, after trying to shoplift a chicken salad sandwich, Band-Aids (Durst had removed them from a box and placed one under his nose, attracting the attention of store surveillance), and a newspaper, even though he had $500 cash in his pocket.[12][17] A police search of his rented car yielded $37,000 in cash, two guns, marijuana, and Black's driver's license.[18]

Jesus Christ this guy.

dont become a billionaire by spending money on thiings

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

NutritiousSnack posted:

i hope he gets off then slowly but surely hunts down the film crew one by one.

Have you watched "man bites dog"?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
A rich white man going to jail? Ha ha ha.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Yaos posted:

A rich white man going to jail? Ha ha ha.

don't worry, any chance of a reasonable investigation has been thoroughly scuttled by the media company making a dramatization of an ongoing case. It will surely have been seen by the jurors, and now that the nation demands the blood of a rich person to make an example of, their cries will be heard.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
lol if he gets off even though he there's an audio recording admitting his guilt

don't know why people want this guy on the streets since it'll be only a matter of time his blood lust returns and the judge will probably get a severed head in the mail

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

Melmac posted:

Cats:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/03/robert-durst-cat-head.html

Dogs:
http://istilllovedogs.com/2015/03/judge-says-the-jinx-robert-durst-started-out-killing-dogs/

Serial killer starting off killing animals is just a myth tho!! :rolleyes:

Not even his house! Just during an interview and he went to take a piss and with his mic still hot he begins talking to himself and admits to it. Literally a scene from Naked Gun.

if his brother testified as a character witness against him in his texas trial it might have been enough to get him convicted but that would require him to fratenize with the poors

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
so...

multiple homicide
conspiracy to commit homicide
fraud
obstruction of justice (probably)
possession of controlled substance
carrying (concealed?) firearms without a permit (?)
audio recording of confession
petty theft

uhhh what the gently caress else probably resisting arrest too bc they love to throw that one in

still gets off

all of my lol

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 23, 2015

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

and as we all know poor people aren't real people

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

I also love how his family now cares about his missing wife after this whole thing blew up, like they didn't cover for his rear end back in the 80s

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
how rich do i have to be before i can start killing people (im already white)

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Moridin920 posted:

so...

multiple homicide
conspiracy to commit homicide
fraud
obstruction of justice (probably)
possession of controlled substance
carrying (concealed?) firearms without a permit (?)
audio recording of confession
petty theft

uhhh what the gently caress else probably resisting arrest too bc they love to throw that one in

still gets off

all of my lol

They really would be better off jailing him over some lesser crime that they can actually prove like possession of illegal firearms/drugs or whatever, or multiple breaches of protection orders against his brother, and making him die/get killed in jail on a 2-5y sentence than trying to go for the whole first degree murder enchilada, because they won't have the evidence to convict the Beverly Hills murder.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I saw the Ryan Gosling movie about this guy. It was forgettable, but the whole story was creepy and weird. The guy seems mentally ill to put it mildly.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Tipps posted:

They really would be better off jailing him over some lesser crime that they can actually prove like possession of illegal firearms/drugs or whatever, or multiple breaches of protection orders against his brother, and making him die/get killed in jail on a 2-5y sentence than trying to go for the whole first degree murder enchilada, because they won't have the evidence to convict the Beverly Hills murder.

he already was in jail for some of those

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Was it like Don't Look Now, the neighbor cornered him and he turned around and *surprise* he wasn't a mute woman but a psycho old man?

Nope the neighbor saw his real name on something and then googled him at the local library and that sealed his fate.

Leon Einstein posted:

I saw the Ryan Gosling movie about this guy. It was forgettable, but the whole story was creepy and weird. The guy seems mentally ill to put it mildly.

The guy who made this documentary was also the director of the Ryan Gosling movie. After Durst saw the movie, he called the director and he decided to document the interviews.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Melmac posted:

The guy who made this documentary was also the director of the Ryan Gosling movie. After Durst saw the movie, he called the director and he decided to document the interviews.

What was Durst's motivation? Hubris?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

The same reason he stole a sandwich from Wegman's with thousands of dollars in his pocket. because why not? There's no repercussions for anything in life

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
He should do a cover of "Break Stuff" that would be cool

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Leon Einstein posted:

Aspergers.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Leon Einstein posted:

shooting people gives him a boner

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Ok just watched ep. 4 where he SPOILER ALERT! gets acquitted for murdering mr. Black and I barely refrained from kicking away the covers and throwing my dinner at the tv and punching it. And not just because of just how aloofly smug this murdering, entitled piece of poo poo is. The loving Texas jurors were retarded, but his LAWYERS? I mean the pudgy one with a goatee literally admits to coaching Durst how to loving lie to the jury and twist the facts around.

And then there was the part where the jury laughed at Durst describing his disguise. Oh my God.:stare:

Or when one of his lawyers started pointing fingers at the DA for running poor little Durst out of town.

And how, who, WHO in their right motherfucking mind believes it's self-defense when the suspect, already linked to another suspicious disappearance, HACKS THE BODY and proceeds to get rid of it, then when he fails grabs the most important piece of evidence - the head - and disappears it for good? I mean you can't make this stuff up and if this was on Law and Order or some poo poo everyone would be on this for jumping the shark like nobody's business.

But I think I was MOST repulsed, though, by one of the defense attorneys ... lemme just literally quote this fucker:

Commenting on the victim and Durst's relationship - "If you stop to think about it, if it wasn't such a tragic situation, it'd be kind of an amusing one - Morris up in front like a terrier dog, bitin' , snippin', and Bob walkin' behind (makes smoking gesture) generally a little bit toked up, kinda coolin' things down. Uh... uh, *conciliatory tone* It's an odd situation". Yeah, and then he murdered and dismembered him, it's a real kneeslapper.

Oh, plus, defense attorney in interview "We do have some people that need killin'" *smug smile*:aaa:

As for the jury... my Lord, I guess they can be forgiven for being a bunch of randomly thrown together schmucks that fell for good ol' southern let's defend whitey charisma, but.. I'll tell you this - I might live in a lovely, transition-devastated Eastern-European country, but at least here if I gently caress up I know people reaching verdicts about my rear end are loving qualified to do it and there is absolutely zero chance my life hangs in the life of a building superintendent and a bunch of housewives. I mean I'm all for average Joe inclusion but you need to get your poo poo straight, America, this system is just rigoddamndiculous. You don't see surgeons grabbing random people out of the hallways and asking for opinions in the OR.

Oh man. OK. Breather, I am on to ep. 5. So far, with the notable exception of Better Call Saul, this is the most engaging TV for 2015 and I can finally provide my girlfriend with a valid reason for the HBO subscription.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mr Underhill posted:

Ok just watched ep. 4 where he SPOILER ALERT! gets acquitted for murdering mr. Black and I barely refrained from kicking away the covers and throwing my dinner at the tv and punching it. And not just because of just how aloofly smug this murdering, entitled piece of poo poo is. The loving Texas jurors were retarded, but his LAWYERS? I mean the pudgy one with a goatee literally admits to coaching Durst how to loving lie to the jury and twist the facts around.

And then there was the part where the jury laughed at Durst describing his disguise. Oh my God.:stare:

Or when one of his lawyers started pointing fingers at the DA for running poor little Durst out of town.

And how, who, WHO in their right motherfucking mind believes it's self-defense when the suspect, already linked to another suspicious disappearance, HACKS THE BODY and proceeds to get rid of it, then when he fails grabs the most important piece of evidence - the head - and disappears it for good? I mean you can't make this stuff up and if this was on Law and Order or some poo poo everyone would be on this for jumping the shark like nobody's business.

But I think I was MOST repulsed, though, by one of the defense attorneys ... lemme just literally quote this fucker:

Commenting on the victim and Durst's relationship - "If you stop to think about it, if it wasn't such a tragic situation, it'd be kind of an amusing one - Morris up in front like a terrier dog, bitin' , snippin', and Bob walkin' behind (makes smoking gesture) generally a little bit toked up, kinda coolin' things down. Uh... uh, *conciliatory tone* It's an odd situation". Yeah, and then he murdered and dismembered him, it's a real kneeslapper.

Oh, plus, defense attorney in interview "We do have some people that need killin'" *smug smile*:aaa:

As for the jury... my Lord, I guess they can be forgiven for being a bunch of randomly thrown together schmucks that fell for good ol' southern let's defend whitey charisma, but.. I'll tell you this - I might live in a lovely, transition-devastated Eastern-European country, but at least here if I gently caress up I know people reaching verdicts about my rear end are loving qualified to do it and there is absolutely zero chance my life hangs in the life of a building superintendent and a bunch of housewives. I mean I'm all for average Joe inclusion but you need to get your poo poo straight, America, this system is just rigoddamndiculous. You don't see surgeons grabbing random people out of the hallways and asking for opinions in the OR.

Oh man. OK. Breather, I am on to ep. 5. So far, with the notable exception of Better Call Saul, this is the most engaging TV for 2015 and I can finally provide my girlfriend with a valid reason for the HBO subscription.

calm down, beavis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
I'm sorry. Got my pepsi twist and my cheese cubelets and I'm ready to be entertained by the American justice system yet again *presses play*

• Locked thread