Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
This is nuts. Please save your money and buy the books in the long term investing thread. Read "a random walk down Wall Street" and " four pillars of investing" before investing in anything outside of a target retirement fund.

If you want to still invest in Nintendo after reading those, go for it. But at least wait until you read those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

g0lbez posted:

Well let me say this because I know you're way more educated financially than I am so I don't want to make it seem like I'm dismissing you. What would be a better plan for the $300 I would potentially be investing into this company?

Roth Ira, emergency fund, buying the recommended investing books in this thread, newbie thread, and investing thread. Sensible investing isn't hard, you've just got to be calculated and patient. Banking on one company isn't smart, trying to get rich quick isn't smart.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

g0lbez posted:

There's probably a better chance of the stock price rising to Wii levels than any of that crap happening.

People said this before Lehman brothers ate poo poo, too.

quote:

Anyway I'm convinced to hold on to the three hundred dollars and put it up in savings until I read the book that was recommended to me and go from there.

Good call. Already smarter thanks to this thread.

• Locked thread