Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

quote:

I'll be completely straight up with you, I don't particularly have much thought about my retirement plans. It's not healthy I acknowledge that but I'm more concerned about my present situation then what I'm going to be doing when I'm 50-60 years old. Again it's not responsible I see that but that's my line of thought.
Then change your line of thought. Planning for retirement is important, you're still going to be you when you're 60 years old. By saving a health amount of money now, you won't have to worry about retirement as you get closer to retirement age.

BFC posted:

Hey maybe you shouldn't cancel your car insurance if you're going to be driving? What happens if you get into an accident?

g0lbez posted:

I'll be completely straight up with you, I don't particularly have much thought about what happens if I get in a car crash. It's not healthy I acknowledge that but I'm more concerned about my present situation than what I'm going to be doing if I get in an accident. Again it's not responsible I see that but that's my line of thought.
This is what you sound like.

Cicero fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Since you seem to understand now that what you're doing is gambling, that's within an acceptable threshold of idiocy assuming you don't have any high-interest debt that that money could go to pay off instead.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

g0lbez posted:

Well let me say this because I know you're way more educated financially than I am so I don't want to make it seem like I'm dismissing you. What would be a better plan for the $300 I would potentially be investing into this company?
Well if

quote:

You're living paycheck to paycheck
then an emergency fund? Or debt, if you got debt.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

LloydDobler posted:

Also do not put Nintendo stock on a credit card.
This is correct, you should be buying it on margin.

• Locked thread