Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Yeah I think LASERTAG is better as well, and it seems like the majority of people that have spoken up are leaning in that direction.

Less than 12 hours now, guys.

Keep in mind that you set your Watchword in your online settings of Bloodborne, not at an NPC in-game or anything weird like that.

opulent fountain fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So with coop can I just choose to play with a certain friend or do I have to ring the bell and it's fair game for anyone?

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
Goons can't even agree on a completely superfluous loving matchmaking code, lol. Can't wait to see half the retards go LAZERTAG and the other half LASERTAG.

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax

Lotish posted:

Love that the OP got probated for a week.

So to invade/be invaded/co-op for this game, I'm gonna need PS+? I haven't bought into it since I haven't had any online games for the PS4 yet.

I've never been one for the online-gaming-industrial-complex's capitalistic greed grab system of "gently caress you, you have to pay 2 play bitch", but with that being said, I think PSN is the best online gaming service I've ever used. You get 3 free games every month, plus themes, and other goodies. It is well worth the cost so :getin:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

So with coop can I just choose to play with a certain friend or do I have to ring the bell and it's fair game for anyone?

You can pick who you want to co-op with now. This has been a requested feature since Demon's Souls and we finally get it.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

I don't exactly know where it is but there are a few webms floating around of an enemy hunter that uses the Stake Driver against you, the fights usually dont last long cuz he loving wrecks whoever's playing but they seem to show off the available moveset pretty well

This guy was easily the hardest enemy/boss I'd faced up to that point. The only way I was able to beat him was by charging him immediately and just knocking his rear end off the building.

Really wish I knew that he'd talk to you if you had the right clothes. The thing he says when he kills you was interesting from a story perspective.

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.
Okay, yeah, I remember that post but I propose MDMA because you can't misspell it.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I said come in! posted:

You can pick who you want to co-op with now. This has been a requested feature since Demon's Souls and we finally get it.

Are you locked to just people with the passcode, or does it let others come in if there's nobody around with that watchword? Be a pain having to enter it and take it out if there's no hits.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

InventorOfTrees posted:

Goons can't even agree on a completely superfluous loving matchmaking code, lol. Can't wait to see half the retards go LAZERTAG and the other half LASERTAG.

LAZERHUNT it is!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
:siren: There is no equip burden in Bloodborne :siren:

It makes sense I just never really thought about it up until now. Fuuuuuck yes.

Rad Valtar posted:

You could play with certain people in Dark Souls 2 using the name ring. It works like that only there's more than just 10 options. You still ring the bell but you can pick a password for your friends or you can use the goon password to kinda play on a "goon server" with only other goons.

queeb posted:

Are you locked to just people with the passcode, or does it let others come in if there's nobody around with that watchword? Be a pain having to enter it and take it out if there's no hits.

I'm not sure, but I expect it'll work like the name-engraved ring in that you'll be locked to people with just that passcode. But it should be pretty easy to change from the menu?

Nobody knows for sure because online isn't available yet.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

This game rips and is pretty much all the best parts of all the Souls games with very few of the bad parts.

The only real problem I have with it is that there isn't a warp feature between lamps, like DS II. This wouldn't be a problem if the load times were fast. It just sucks having to go back to the Dream to quick travel anywhere.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

How are goons so bad at timezones?

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

If you're talking about the 10 vs 12 est thing, it's because Sony sent out confusing emails saying it would launch earlier than it is.

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

clocks are hard

PSN: ephekt

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

threeagainstfour posted:

This game rips and is pretty much all the best parts of all the Souls games with very few of the bad parts.

The only real problem I have with it is that there isn't a warp feature between lamps, like DS II. This wouldn't be a problem if the load times were fast. It just sucks having to go back to the Dream to quick travel anywhere.

It really is Demon's Souls 2.

Uggggh can't wait.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Do you think some amount of investment in Bloodtinge is going to be basically mandatory (since guns are the new way we "parry" and good guns probably have Bloodtinge requirements)? I'm screwing around making some hypothetical builds and a quality/Arcane build seems pretty possible, but I'd have to basically leave Bloodtinge untouched.

Skill/Bloodtinge is probably going to be a really fun build, too, what with the Reiterpallasch and the katana and all the guns.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Add me to the goonlist: binpas

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Add JooJooFlop to the goon list.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Clearly the watchword should be PAIDTIME.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Hahahaha even the reddit Bloodborne sub can't agree on a watchword.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a harpy posted:

Yeah I think LASERTAG is better as well, and it seems like the majority of people that have spoken up are leaning in that direction.

Less than 12 hours now, guys.

Keep in mind that you set your Watchword in your online settings of Bloodborne, not at an NPC in-game or anything weird like that.

I'm honestly surprised it's not an NPC or something. In Dark Souls 2 you had to buy a ring and select which god to receive favor from.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Yeah I don't think I can wait til tomorrow morning for the store to open, I'm canceling my physical copy and ordering digitally as we speak.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
l a s e r :eng101:

CountingWizard posted:

Then there is the whole PSN pricing mentality where you should expect to pay $20-$30 more per game because nothing ever goes on sale

No longer applies to PSN, sales are common and often Steam-like, sometimes even better. It's just that big publishers don't often want to partake + physical retailers lose their poo poo.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 23, 2015

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
I'm in the UK and gently caress waiting until friday. I now have an address in Dayton, OH, an american psn account, and Bloodborne in my download list. Surprised at just how easy it is to make a US account and buy stuff off the store. Saves me a bit of money too!

Presumably there are downsides to using a US account on a UK PS4. I assume DLC will have to be bought on the US account, anything else I should be aware of?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

HampHamp posted:

I'm in the UK and gently caress waiting until friday. I now have an address in Dayton, OH, an american psn account, and Bloodborne in my download list. Surprised at just how easy it is to make a US account and buy stuff off the store. Saves me a bit of money too!

Presumably there are downsides to using a US account on a UK PS4. I assume DLC will have to be bought on the US account, anything else I should be aware of?

Stay safe

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

definitely LASERTAG

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

I can't, there are knives everywhere

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Harrow posted:

Do you think some amount of investment in Bloodtinge is going to be basically mandatory (since guns are the new way we "parry" and good guns probably have Bloodtinge requirements)? I'm screwing around making some hypothetical builds and a quality/Arcane build seems pretty possible, but I'd have to basically leave Bloodtinge untouched.

Skill/Bloodtinge is probably going to be a really fun build, too, what with the Reiterpallasch and the katana and all the guns.

It's only mandatory if you want to use guns. There are two-handed weapons and shields of some kind exist.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Has anyone managed to get a refund for a pre-order on PSN after you've been charged (EU)? Want to change to US version just so I can play it one day earlier.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
What is the secret Goon greeting?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm asking myself whether or not I should buy this online or pick it up in store. Decisions...

panda clue
May 23, 2014

WaltherFeng posted:

What is the secret Goon greeting?

Do you have stairs in your anus?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Your way works too posted:

It's only mandatory if you want to use guns. There are two-handed weapons and shields of some kind exist.

Even then it isn't mandatory. If all you care about is the parrying aspect your default blunderbuss/pistol can do the job.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
PSN - brianisnotdoug

Looking forward to having a reason to turn my PS4 on other than Destiny.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hey guys.... quick question...

how do I make it 9 o clock?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Feenix posted:

Ambien?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Feenix posted:

Masturbation.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
So on the subject of quality builds/being able to try out all the weapons, on the wikis it looks like the highest requirement for any weapon for skill is 14 and for strength is 20... except for the cannon which requires 30 str. So unless they've drastically lowered the level caps/the amount of blood it takes to level, trying out all the weapons is a good possibility even for the first playthrough :)

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Feenix posted:

Lasertag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I assume the PSN download unlocks at 12am EST?

• Locked thread