Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Lakbay posted:

Hopefully the patch fixed the awful load times I keep hearing about.

It didn't. Well, im not sure how bad they were before but expect to wait 15-20 seconds every time you die while it loads. Gets annoying after getting creamed by a boss for the 5th time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Hope I'm not too tired to play for an hour after midnight. Really looking forward to it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

queeb posted:

Regarding getting the stake driver the guy you fight that has it wrecked the poo poo out of me probably 5 times with it before I beat him. You don't get the weapon from him, just unlock the ability to purchase it. Probably havent seen anyone using it since it's decently expensive for where you are in the game at that point.

I love that guy, he's such a shithead in exactly the way a player-hunter would be. Forces you up to his arena which is small and favors the poo poo out of his weapon choice.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

When can we expect reviews?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Junkenstein posted:

When can we expect reviews?

I think the embargo was up today in a couple of hours?

According to this dude: https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/580007368764854272

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
apparently the embargo goes up 7pm PST

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Is this thing gonna be a system seller?

I haven't had a compelling reason to buy a PS4 yet, what are the chances Bloodborne is a disappointment in any way? If its at all on par with the other Souls games I'm willing to buy a console for it, but I haven't seen any reviews yet.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Basebf555 posted:

Is this thing gonna be a system seller?

I haven't had a compelling reason to buy a PS4 yet, what are the chances Bloodborne is a disappointment in any way? If its at all on par with the other Souls games I'm willing to buy a console for it, but I haven't seen any reviews yet.

I think so. The game is just loving ridiculously good. Beat my expectations.

ImpAtom posted:

I love that guy, he's such a shithead in exactly the way a player-hunter would be. Forces you up to his arena which is small and favors the poo poo out of his weapon choice.

I admit I dodged right off the top of his tower twice, once when I had him down to ~20%. That loving shotgun of his made me rage so hard, trying to get a heal off. Was a super fun fight though, that and the guy just below his tower as well

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

apparently the embargo goes up 7pm PST

the embargo goes up?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So every stream I see of the game has people attacking NPC's right out the gate as soon as they meet them. Is there a reason for this because it seems kinda silly.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
up, into heaven. because it's dead

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's funny, also sometimes there were neat things on npcs in souls games.

Also add me to the list please, I will hunt with goons.

PSN: SirBadgington

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Looking forward to this, PS4 has been kinda underwhelming up to now.

Feel free to add me: joe124013.

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.
Why did I pick this week to get married again?! It's really going to cut into my bloodborne time.

PSN: Pizzalawyer666

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

E-Money posted:

Why did I pick this week to get married again?! It's really going to cut into my bloodborne time.

PSN: Pizzalawyer666

I wish I was married

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

queeb posted:

I think so. The game is just loving ridiculously good. Beat my expectations.

I admit I dodged right off the top of his tower twice, once when I had him down to ~20%. That loving shotgun of his made me rage so hard, trying to get a heal off. Was a super fun fight though, that and the guy just below his tower as well

The fight is completely optional. If you are wearing the black church garb he'll chat you up instead and give you his badge.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
My PSN is LateralStatii, let's make this user list longer than Ulysses!

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

My PSN is Reacean and I'll be joining in on the fun. I have high hopes for this game.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Danger posted:

The fight is completely optional. If you are wearing the black church garb he'll chat you up instead and give you his badge.

welp where do I get that? I'm way past that now and never picked anything like that up

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

queeb posted:

It didn't. Well, im not sure how bad they were before but expect to wait 15-20 seconds every time you die while it loads. Gets annoying after getting creamed by a boss for the 5th time.

Is the day one patch actually out?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Psn: Mera_mendacia

Cant wait!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Alexander DeLarge posted:

There was a ~2.5 gig patch when I started the game on saturday.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Since like Thursday

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm preloading the game now and there was a patch that downloaded it with. I assume that's the patch or something?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

queeb posted:

Game is good but I didn't remember load times being that bad in DS...Hopefully it is something that can be fixed in a patch.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

tower of druaga posted:

Since like Thursday

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the one that enables online, which isn't out until tomorrow. We'd be hearing a lot more about the online features otherwise.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Obsurveyor posted:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the one that enables online, which isn't out until tomorrow. We'd be hearing a lot more about the online features otherwise.

The servers are off

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Unlucky7 posted:

Game is good but I didn't remember load times being that bad in DS...Hopefully it is something that can be fixed in a patch.

I guess that's the price we pay for nicer graphics, and a mediocre hard drive in the PS4, not sure there is anything they can do with a patch to be fair.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My body is ready for some LASERTAG. PSN ID: CoolHandTomas.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I guess you could buy an SSD for your PS4. :v:

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.
I'm new to the whole series (played DeS for like half an hour and didn't like how slow and heavy it was) but add me anyway:

PSN: idhindsight

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Girl wanted to go out tonight but I knew Bloodborne was being released around the same itme. Declined the invite. Going to spend all my free time playing Bloodborne I can already tell, Mon-Wed.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
please add me to the list. PSN Jaguar357

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Anime Curator posted:

Girl wanted to go out tonight but I knew Bloodborne was being released around the same itme. Declined the invite. Going to spend all my free time playing Bloodborne I can already tell, Mon-Wed.

That girl could have been your future wife........................

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Anime Curator posted:

Semper games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Add me to PSN to hunt with goons. PSN: Kyleh614

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Space Hamlet posted:

That girl could have been your future wife........................

Bloodborne is love, Bloodborne is wife

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
PSN is miloian

I want to hunt with goons too.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Let's face it, Bloodborne is going to be a drat good game. A drat good game that I need to get used to. I've played Demon/Dark SOuls, but this is a whole new level. I need to get my feel, my taste, for Bloodborne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Does anyone know if there's a respec item similar to Soul Vessels? It'd be nice not having to reroll my character because I went in completely blind.

Also, how viable is dex... Well I guess "skill"? I only know of the threaded cane and generally I play using the Uchigatana.

• Locked thread