Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Speaking of quality builds, how viable would it be (for a first runthrough, non optimized build) to mainly lvl strength and skill, with the goal of getting to try out all the weapons? Would I be crippling myself by not leveling bloodtinge/arcane much?

Also my PSN is Lord_Flaps. hope you guys don't parting shot out of my world when I don't have voice chat options :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
So on the subject of quality builds/being able to try out all the weapons, on the wikis it looks like the highest requirement for any weapon for skill is 14 and for strength is 20... except for the cannon which requires 30 str. So unless they've drastically lowered the level caps/the amount of blood it takes to level, trying out all the weapons is a good possibility even for the first playthrough :)

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Anyone else having trouble getting "specter" death messages to load? Most times l click on them the headstone just goes away and no ghost death scene. Just kinda weird.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

echronorian posted:

Is there a second lamp before the two werewolves on the bridge?

I don't think so but if you go left after the werewolves you can go through a house and open up a shortcut to the central yharnam lantern

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Turns out I'm good at the big ol' beast kind of boss and really really bad at the "other hunters" sort of boss. Took me forever to kill Gascoigne and I was banging my head against Gyula for over an hour before I went somewhere else, but I killed the Cleric and BSB first try. Huh.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Speaking of Gyula, apparently if you don't mess with him and make you way to him from the lantern in tomb of the darkbeast (only that lantern works) while wearing the black church set, he won't attack you, and if you agree not to hunt the beast he doesn't want you to hunt he'll just give you his items and a sweet gesture. Totally gonna do it that way. (I just read this online somewhere, so it may be a rumor. Haven't gotten far enough to try it yet.)

DragQueenofAngmar fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 25, 2015

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
So, the Witches of Hemwick bossfight: when you kill the first one, it appears to autotrigger the second throwing that "binding" spell at you so the trash mobs can stomp you. Had to learn that the hard way after 3 times. Just a tip for anyone who's having trouble with them; after the first goes down, roll like crazy until you can get the second in your view and dodge more intelligently.

Couple questions for you crazy speedy people: Anybody gotten the Lost/Uncanny variants of the weapons? Wikis seem to indicate that every weapon has a Lost and Uncanny version. Is it worth playing the chalice dungeons to get them early? Are the gemslots different enough to matter?

Also, has anybody found any covenants besides Vilebloods and Executioners yet? Would anyone who has wanna do a writeup on how to join any they've found?

DragQueenofAngmar fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 27, 2015

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

lets hang out posted:

Hunter of Hunters is supposed to be the third, Eileen the Crow gives you her pact rune after you complete her quest line, which I guess makes you part of it? I have no clue what it actually involves. The covenants seem really uh, passive this time around unless everyone is missing something about them.

I heard you can get Alfred's rune by going to where you first met him after you finish everything with him.

I heard a rumor about another, something to do with spiders that sounds like the Rats in DS2. I really hope there are more covenants and people just haven't found them yet, I'm gonna be bummed if there's only 3 for real :(

Also I know the game only came out like 4 days ago but I'm hoping we get some quality DLC at some point like Artorias and Old King stuff. New trick weapons and outfits, please :getin:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Abu Dave posted:

Hold circle and tap circle to do a jump.

Also, you have to be moving. Can't jump standing still.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Yardbomb posted:

Please tell me someone's found a punchman weapon somewhere, the wiki had none and I'm starting to get a little worried. The best runs I had of most of the games so far was doing Fist of the North Star poo poo and pulping monsters/people with nubbed gloves/golden studs/giant teeth.

Beast claw looks promising, you get it from the chalice dungeons

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, the only pvp I've done was a crazy long back and forth where we kept barely healing before the other person could finish them off, or we'd use the regain to get health back just enough to survive, etc. We were rolling, firing guns, slashing, using all the tools at our disposal.

And not once did anybody get backstabbed :dance:

I'm a little worried that the bigger weapons won't be viable at all in pvp. I've only had one fight but I've watched several online and it seems like basically any attack is poisebreaking/staggering, so Blade of Mercy would always beat a Kirkhammer. Maybe I'm wrong but the big weapons are all really timing dependent and with the movement and dodge speed + any lag I'm having a hard time seeing them as workable.

E: also goddamnit the workday needs to end, it's slow season and I have nothing to do and all I wanna do is play

IIIIIIIII don't wanna work, I just want to bang on the beasts all day

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

They were in the two warring covenants! That is awesome, surprise attacks!

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Space Hamlet posted:

Yeah, I have some of those gems with cool effects - I have gems that increase my damage against beasts for instance, but from the same area I'm getting gems that give me a larger damage increase across the board. I tried the poison ones for a bit too, but most bosses seemed immune to poison, and even if they weren't it's hard to see the point of a slow poison malus when compared to a flat damage increase up-front.

You'd also hope that the skill scaling gems would give me more damage than the simple "increase physical attack" gems given that my skill is way above the softcap, but nope

Poison gems will probably be very useful in pvp what with the super-fast healing and all.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Stuff about builds:

Has anyone gotten far enough into the Chalice Dungeons to get some really monstrous bloodgems? It seems to me that the way to make a non-obvious build is gonna be through messing with the weapon scaling through gems. What I mean: for example, the Chikage+Evelyn is the obvious weapon combo for a pure bloodtinge or bloodtinge/skill build. But what if you want to use the Evelyn with Blade of Mercy or something? If you leave the BoM as is, you're either losing out one or both of it's scaling stats. Are the highest level gems gonna be able to create Bloodtinge scaling (for example) that is anything near to the blade's natural S and B in skill and arcane? I hope so.

The whole bloodgem system seems really obtuse and arcane right now. It's hard to tell how much you're sacrificing when you go to pure arcane scaling and it almost always looks like it's worse than physical. Again, has anyone got any really good gems from the Chalices that can make it viable? I was looking at a pure ARC build for use with the BoM/Burial Blade, something like this:

Cruel Fate lvl 125 (I assume the PvP meta will be somewhere around here)
VIT 50
END 40
STR 10
SKL 18
BT 5
ARC 50

Is this a good idea, or does a 34/34 split for SKL/ARC sound better (obviously, its better with the standard +10 BoM, but what about the gems)? It really seems to depend on how much you can improve the ARC scaling with gems (and, I guess this depends also on which variant of the weapons you use for the ideal gem slots. Man, this is very complicated).

Other random thoughts and questions:

1. Has anyone experimented with the Old Hunter's Bone enough to figure out if its duration increases with higher ARC? I really like the buff for the extra speed (and I noticed that the rolls and dodges seem to take almost no stamina when it's active), but like 10 seconds is pretty short for 6 QSB. I'm wondering if going to 15 ARC for the OHB then stopping is okay, or if the item (really all the spell items) get significantly better with for example 50 ARC.

2. What are everyone's thoughts on "necessary" stat minimums for good PvP builds? In DS1 I didn't really have problems leaving VIT a bit lower than the 2nd soft cap, but I'm concerned in BB that the regain system rewards higher HP and will punish glass cannon builds more so than the DS games (I know, don't get hit, git gud, etc :P ) I've seen a few people online recommend 50 VIT no matter what but that reallllly limits what else you can do.

3. God drat Nightmare frontier invaders. I just wanna progress :negative:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Harrow posted:

The debate I'm seeing right now for the PvP meta is either level 80 or level 100 (with level 100 seemingly the favorite). So 125 is probably going to be a bit too high. I'd stop at 100 for now to be safe, because you can always go up if you need to.

Go Skill/Arcane if you want to use the Burial Blade or the Blade of Mercy. Go pure Arcane (with enough Strength/Skill to wield your chosen weapons) if you want to use a weapon infused with an element.

Oh, really? I didn't know those existed. That's kind of cool, and would be useful for a build with some Arcane that isn't a pure Arcane build.

Ah, I was going off of that oroboro/peeve vid that was talking about lvl 125 builds. 100 seems nice actually; more restrictive that way but also easier to make more builds to try out faster.

Is it viable to infuse BoM with bolt or something, or will it be objectively worse than standard?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Harrow posted:

It won't work at all. Gems that add elemental damage or change a weapon's damage to elemental only work if the weapon is either pure physical or already has that element.

Blerg. That kinda limits the builds then doesn't it. So a BoM/BB build would be more like this:

Cruel Fate lvl 100

VIT 45
END 40
STR 10
SKL 25
BT 5
ARC 25

with maybe more ARC and less VIT if you want the higher level spells.

DragQueenofAngmar fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 31, 2015

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

That's a really bad idea for use with the Burial Blade since it can't be gemmed to do fully Arcane damage and the vast majority of its damage is Physical, meaning it'll get most of its damage contribution from its B Skill and D Strength scaling.

A pure arcane build is going to want to use a weapon that has good Arcane scaling and can be fully converted to Arcane type, so the hybrid weapons like Blade of Mercy, Burial Blade, and Tonitrus don't work. You basically want to be using Ludwig's Holy Blade (A scaling in Arcane), or one of the B scaling weapons (Kirkhammer, Threaded Cane, Reiterpallasch).

Wait, so with a pure ARC build, you need to start with a weapon that does no ARC to start with? That's sort of confusing. If you add ARC scaling gems to weapons that already have ARC damage, what does it do then? Does this also mean that a pure BT build with the Chikage isn't viable, or is it a special case where the scaling switches when you transform?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

EC posted:

I've been stuck on the boss for hours now. My strategy is to load up on VA+ gems, stand in front of her dodging attacks and hitting her in the head with a +10 came whenever I have an opening. About six hits and she'll get stunned, and I can do a VA attack for like, 2100 damage.

That all works great until the second half of the fight, when she decides to spam the blue magic attack and the charge attack becomes WAY harder to avoid.

I've been through 150+ vials at this point, and I'm running out of blood items to buy more with. From what I can tell this is my only way forward as well. It seems I've already completed everything else. :(

She is totally optional as far as I can tell.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

RatHat posted:

So uh apparently it's possible to deflect bullets with your weapon if you get the timing perfect

:catstare:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
So with the BoM, is it smarter to do 25/25 skill/arcane if you're planning on using the spells, or would 30/20 be better since you're getting mostly physical damage? Or does the 25 soft cap make arcane the better choice after all?

Or, are any of the 25 arc tools worth it? How's the tinytrus :3:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

thepiratebae.se posted:

They're decent but the better ones use soooo many bullets. You can only get a few uses out of the better ones because of the 20 bullet limit. Even with +max QS bullets runes, that's only like 1 more use at most. The choir bell, for instance, uses 10 QS bullets per use.

It wouldn't be so bad if the storage could hold more than 99 bullets. I think that limit should really be raised up by a bit.

Yeah, to be honest I'm mostly only interested in whether more arcane makes the old hunter's bone last longer. I'd like to see what the others do and try them out, but I dunno if I wanna get arcane up to 40 on a character just to see what A Call Beyond does.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Well watching some youtube videos and the gloves look boss, pretty much like those skulls that Logarius casts but without a pause before they fly and cheap to cast. Tinytrus looks cool but so slow it seems like it would be useless for PvP especially with a 6 QS usage, and A Call Beyond takes a loooong time to wind up and it didn't even kill all 3 beasts (the hairy ones in Old Yharnam) which for 8 bullets is kinda meh. The choir bell is pretty much a co-op item as it's much slower than just blood vialing. So it kinda looks like up to 20 for the gloves is the sweet spot unless you're building for a full arcane Ludwig's sword build, in which case you could just keep the sword in two hand most of the time and just use bullets for the spell tools.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Anti-Hero posted:

I actually started a Cruel Fate playthrough with the intention of going STR/ARC and have those stats at 25/25 and, well, am finding they both don't have much synergy. I've been using the Hunter's Axe +9 because I love the moveset but it has poor Arcane scaling and the best gems that I've found for it's slots are +PHYS ATCK only; I've found a couple arcane/fire/bolt gems but they only fit in one of the 3 gem slots. I think my AR with the Axe is 350ish which seems decent, but I'm beating my head against Martyr Logarius and, I dunno, the inefficiency of my build is making me want to start a new character. The Blades of Mercy look awfully nice.

Can anyone give me a roadmap to what I should do to make this character a little less "blah"? Roughly my points are:

Cruel Fate lvl 70

VIT 30
END 26
STR 25
SKL 10
BT 5
ARC 25

Hunter's Axe +9
Kirkhammer +7
Bunch of rando weapons +6

Augur of Ebriatis
Beast Roar
Empty Phantasm Shell
Old Hunter's Bone
Tiny Tontrius

As for progression the last required boss I beat was the fucker in Useen Village.

I'm considering just going for a quality build so I can try out all the weapons instead, seems like 25/25 STR/SKL will let you try everyone except the Cannon and then I can focus on gimmicky builds for a second playthrough? Would sunk to reroll as I have like 40 hours suck in this dude already.

There is one strength weapon which also scales with arcane. Logarius' Wheel, which you need to get from the cleric/executioner guy. Here is how to get it: Go to the Clinic and find the Cainhurst invite, go to Hemwick lane (I just ran around until the cutscene triggered, can't remember exactly where), kill the boss on the roof of the castle, put on the crown, go into the hidden chamber and get the other invite, give it to the cleric guy, go back to the hidden chamber and talk to him and he'll give you the badge to buy it with.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

40 arcane the bone is still just, like, 10 seconds

Thanks. How much longer is that than at the 15 minimum, would you say?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

RatHat posted:

The Lightning mace also scales with Arcane.

Ah yeah. Got confused because it deals bolt rather than arcane damage but yeah :)

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Cultisto posted:

I took him out after 5 attempts last night and definitely got a bit better at parrying in the process but it was pure luck that I got him down after that transformation, seems like no matter what distance you are from him he can just jump directly to your location and tear the poo poo out of you. Once I figured out how to parry him semi-reliably I just did a string of visceral attacks, tossed oil, tossed molotov, then started the music box as he was transforming to get another good few hits in.

Don't get any distance away from him :getin: Seriously, as a default if you dodge toward most bosses in this game they are much easier to handle, then you can get behind them and they won't use their closing attacks that are so fast and strong.

alright after all the discussion about spell tools/stats/scaling/gems/level meta I think this is the next build I'm gonna make.

Cruel Fate lvl 100, skill/arcane

VIT 42
END 40
STR 10
SKL 30
BT 8
ARC 20

Arcane up to 20 for Hunter's Bone, Ex. Gloves and Phantasm Shell (maybe Beast Roar?), bloodtinge at 8 to use the Repeating pistol. Trick weapons would be BoM and Burial Blade (if I do enough NG might upgrade some other stuff for fun).

I dunno if it's that important to put SKL to 30 over 25, that could go to BT or VIT or a split if that difference is negligible. If the meta ends up being 125 after all, I could either push SKL to 50 BT to 10 and VIT to 45, or just VIT to 45 and push BT to 30 for super high damage Evelyn :)

What do you guys think? I feel like its pretty solid.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Repeating Pistol is a huge trap since it takes 2 QS per shot, and if you're using a build that uses spells then QS is pretty important.

Just so you know, Phantasm Shell is like Bolt and Fire Paper, it doesn't work with any hybrid weapons or Arcane-type weapons.

Ah, I knew that BoM couldn't be buffed, but I didn't know if it applied to Burial Blade. Good to know.

I wanted the Repeating Pistol +10 purely as a low-Bloodtinge Evelyn, just for the occasional PvP utility. I'd use the standard pistol/blunderbuss/ludwigs for most things, though I'd like to play around with the Rosmarinus for area denial too. Anybody know if the kind of damage the NPCs that use the Repeater put out is available with enough upgrades and maybe Bloodtinge? I know the Evelyn is supposed to deal "real" damage at high levels (I assume near the second softcap at 50), but I thought maybe the Repeater wouldn't be bad.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Budget Prefuse posted:

attempt 60 at killing cursed fire puppy. slowly losing my mind. stop instakilling me with everything please

maybe take a break dude

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

a cop posted:

I have no idea what to do with the Cainhurst boss once he starts teleporting in the air. I know I'm supposed to take out the sword he jabs in the ground but how do I know if my bullets are going to just bounce off of him or not?

I didn't have any trouble staggering him throughout the fight and I found out afterward that apparently if you can manage to stagger him while he's powering up for his second stage, he still powers up but you can stagger him still. If you don't do that, I guess he will just tank your attacks and you'll have to dodge everything instead of stunning.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
So, that locked door in cathedral ward by all the pots. No ones got through it? DLC? Man I hope dlc bring new weapons, clothes, and covenants especially!

I feel like the new pvp system is actually nice especially when you're trying to clear the game for the first time, but maybe they ought to implement something like multiple hidden bell maidens in every area in ng+. Or even the option to turn them on or something. I want to feel like I'm in danger like dark souls!

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
^^ haven't played dark souls II yet. Its probably gonna get put off for a long time considering how much I'm loving Bloodborne.

Manatee Cannon posted:

The one by all the pots? You mean the one at the top of the tower, guarded by the two flamethrower guys? You can go through that door, you just need the key. It's in the Unseen Village, spawn in at the lantern just after the laser staircase and turn around. There's a gap in the fence to the left at the top of the stairs with all the old women enemies that you can fall through. Follow the path and drop down to the corpse in a chair, it has the key on it. The Tiny Tonitrus Hunter Tool is also down there, in a chest.

There's a door next to a chest that doesn't open, if that's what you mean.

No, the dead end past the lone church giant and one of the crystal lizard/bundle of head things. You go underground and there's a door. Trying to open it just says 'this door is closed.'

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
e: quote is not edit

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
^^ yeah that's the one. missed your post, did you figure out how to open it? or is it still a mystery

a cop posted:

The pvp in this is really disappointing. Between the lack of variety and there being no places for people to put down summoning signs and duke it out nonstop it's slim pickings.

tbf i was getting a lot of invaders in the nightmare frontier, must have been the right level. I think around 72 or so? had the most fun hanging out on the spindly bridges as a messenger imposter, beast roaring people off, waving at them and then running off to a new spot. got some fun hatemail :D

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

spudsbuckley posted:

Gascoigne down to less than a quarter health with no potions and all viserals on 5 occasions and then murdered by him stun locking me for all my health.

This game is totally not occasionally utter bullshit.

Strategy that's worked for me every time so far: parry him once and visceral. Run about 10 feet away while he's on the ground, use music box. Charge R2 his back, visceral again. Music box + visceral twice more. (For some reason, doing 4 viscerals (for reference, I was using a +2 weapon every time I fought him like this) gets him to nearly 1/4 health without him transforming). Back up, and as he transforms throw an oil urn, it will hit him as he straightens up. Make sure you stay close enough that he will leap at you instead of into the air, then backstep once or twice and throw a molotov. One more (two if you have low arcane) and he's done.

I ran about 7 characters of various Origins through him as prep for several builds before the dupe glitch got patched and the only time I died was once when I missed the first parry and got flustered. Worth a shot at least!

NotAnArtist posted:

Any suggestions for the hunter in the grand cathedral? I've been kind of hoping he'd just die to poison if I waited him out long enough. Motherfucker hits like a truck.

I just ran toward the door til he started backing away, hit him, back away yourself, he backs off, etc. It seems like when he starts to back toward his starting area he won't heal either, but when I got him to 1/4 or so I hit him with the Mists just to be sure. Got him the first time I decided to abuse leashing, though I couldn't get him to come all the way to the door and hit him through them like I saw someone do online.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

NotAnArtist posted:

As dishonorabu as cheesing that fight is, I'm gonna give it a go. Got him to 50% then slipped up to a 2h attack from the poison sword.

gently caress it, dude has a zillion hp and doesn't mind healing while he hits for like 1/4 of your health. And he'll mist you, and his AI is such that if he hits you he gets like 500x as aggressive. Cheese him and enjoy the sick crow equipment!

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Welp, what has happened to me in every Souls game has now happened in Bloodborne: I'm in endgame with my first character, but now I'm dissatisfied with my build and also my character's look (just picked the default so I could start playing ASAP on release) and I've gone and made a new one :negative: Every time, man. At least I know where everything is now so I've been trucking through the game so far

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
It's really interesting to me the variance in what bosses everyone is saying are hard. I mean, obviously after you beat them once (unless you did it by luck) they're easier on a second file, but it's still interesting how (for example) several people have been stuck on BSB for literal days, and I haven't died to him any time we've fought. Meanwhile, others are saying that Paarl is a chump, but it took me 15+ tries to kill him.

I think it'd be neat to sort of see the rundown of how everyone's doing, and see if there are any unequivocally "hard" bosses. To me it seems like it comes down to what your natural playstyle is and how much you need to adjust it for a specific boss, and those are the guys who'll give you trouble. Here's mine if anyone else finds this interesting. These are for the first playthrough:

Cleric Beast 1
Gascoigne 16
Blood Starved Beast 1
Witches of Hemwick 4
Darkbeast Paarl 17
Vicar Amelia 3
Shadow of Yharnam 1
Rom 2
Martyr Logarius 8
One Reborn 4
Celestial Emissary 1
Ebrietas 7 (needed co-op)

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Harrow posted:

For the list: are we doing number of tries, or number of deaths? Here's my number of tries:

Aren't they the same? Unless you Bold Hunter out?

Getting close-ish to lvl 80 on my new skill/arc build and thinking about stopping there a while since I was getting a lot of hits in pvp at the level on my last guy. Here's where I am now:

lvl 63
vit 30
end 20
str 10
skl 25
bt 8
arc 20

I'm done with ARC (only wanted OHB, BR, and EG tools) and BT (repeating pistol). Don't need any more STR since I'm only using the BoM and BB. So, what's worth pumping now? Originally I had planned to push END to 30 to chain endlessly with BoM R1s, but would using the lvl 2 anticlockwise metamorphosis + hunter oath make up for that? More VIT might be nice, or pushing SKL to 30. I could go 10 more VIT, 5 more SKL, 2 more END maybe. What do you guys think? When/if I push up to 100 or 125 (if the pvp meta seems to go that way/pvp dies and I just wanna run NG++++++++++) it's easier to make the build without sacrificing much, but I wanna stay low for now.

quote:

What they really should have done was made other weapons that are the exact same moveset as existing ones, or just slight variations, but have different damages/scalings and different lengths. Basically what they did with Saw Spear/Cleaver but with everything else. I can't imagine it would be all that time-consuming either.

This would be nice for sure. With the high review scores and acclaim + sales, I imagine there will be some DLC in the future and we'll get more weapons and stuff.

DragQueenofAngmar fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 2, 2015

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Do any bosses in this game have high Bloodtinge resistance? I have a hunch that Evelyn/Chikage is secretly the best build in the game, at least for killing bosses easily. Leveling a Bloodtinge character now but haven't gotten to Cainhurst yet.

Kinda looks like military vet is the best origin for a chikage build, just to keep arcane low. Seems weird to need so much strength for a katana.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

You need 10 str 14 skill for the Chikage, so the best origin is actually Lone Survivor, which has 11 Str and 7 Arc. Military Vet has 14 Str and 6 arc, so it'll be two levels behind Lone Survivor.

derp, read it wrong. You're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Ice Fist posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but going to Old Yharnam early is legitimate if you want to get to the Gaol ASAP, and if you trigger him then no matter what you do later he's going to be hostile.

Nope. Even if he shoots at you or you try to fight him (I did both), if you warp into the tomb of the darkbeast lamp and get to him without him seeing and shooting at you, he'll talk. Might have to be wearing church clothes (I was) but some people have said you don't.

Also it looks like they fixed the tomb of oedon lamp, I started a new file and after Eileen and I killed henryk, it worked again!

• Locked thread