Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Fhqwhgads posted:

This has been bugging me since the Souls games, but why are Str/Dex weapons called "Quality"? It seems like it was always better to go all in on either one or the other, and the Str/Dex weapons were never as good as all Str or all Dex. So why that moniker?

Because in Demon's souls that was the upgraded path that scaled evenly with Str and Dex. The name stuck even though the quality upgrade path no longer exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Eej posted:

Wait if you get the PSN version does that mean you can play at midnight???

yeah. PSN is having maintenance today though so online may still be dead when the game unlocks.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

goferchan posted:

Do we know if the patch that's already come out does anything to affect the single player game, or is it just online-play related stuff? I just moved and Charter hasn't come to hook up Internet yet; I'm wondering if I should tether my PS4 to my phone to grab the patch tomorrow after I pick up the game or if it won't matter if I'll be playing offline for a couple days anyway

The current patch has some optimization and other things. It's slightly under 3GB.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

megalodong posted:

What was the cheating like on the console souls games? I only have experience with the PC ports and it was horrid there.

I'm guessing if it's possible on this, it won't be common at least?

Less common for the most part but on the 360 I know that there were no sanity checks so you could set your health to infinite via save file hacking and the game wouldn't care.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Megasabin posted:

Err wtf. It says I can't start in online mode because the game isn't fully downloaded. There is no prompt
Other than "start" but if I check information it says only 25.55 gigs have been downloaded out of the 29. How do I fix this besides deleting and re downloading?

Restarting your PS4 or putting it into rest mode so it can download more of the game, mainly. You didn't finish downloading.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I found an Uncanny Saw Cleaver in a chalice dungeon, I never had the regular cleaver so what's different between the two?

Probably has different stats or can take different blood gems.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

HaB posted:

I can only recall 3 naturally occurring slabs of regular Titanite in DS1: Kalameet's, Asylum Demon and uh....one other I can't recall. Darkwraiths can drop them but amid the countless hours I have spent farming them, I've seen it happen 2-3 times tops.

Assuming you do Chalices, there are 2 Rocks available in Bloodborne. I have never understood why everyone thinks they are "stingy" with them. Most DS runs I got 2 weapons to +15 - a bow and my main. Everything else stayed at +14 or whatever. Can do the same in BB just fine. With the Chalice Finder you can get even more Rocks. There's at least a couple of glyphs with a Rock on Layer 1.

DS1's 3rd slab is from the end of the Siegmeyer questline I think. It's been awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

The real question is how fast does it chew through your ammo.

And what kind of gem slots does it have? Could make a huge difference.

Gatling Gun video It's got enough to take out Moon Presence.

• Locked thread