Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So I killed that gatling gun hunter in Old Yharnam, but when I was fighting him he dropped off a ledge at the end. He wound up landing up on a railing making the item he dropped impossible to retrieve. Did I get hosed out of anything cool or did he just drop some consumables or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Alabaster White posted:

Reload the game and your reward will be sitting on the tower.

That did the trick! Thank god that worked because the stake driver seems right up my alley.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The bosses in this game have been pretty disappointing so far. The "big aggresive beast with a lot of claw swipes" template was pretty cool for Cleric Beast, and even Vicar Amelia, but really wore out it's welcome around Blood Starved Beast and Darkbeast Paarl. I've fought the same boss 4 times with slight move variations and a pointless gimmick tacked on. Witch of Hemwick had a cool gimmick to it and felt really unique, but was pitifully easy. Shadow of Yharnam was Skeleton Lords from DS2 but worse. Rom was a pretty cool fight, but nothing amazing. Father Gascoigne is the only fight I've really loved so far. Do the fights get a lot better now that I'm in what I'm guessing is the last half of the bosses after Rom?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Man, there's actually people who defend the double tap b jump?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
How do I respec a character? I'm getting a bit bored of this strength build.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Oh wow that's disappointing. Not sure why that was a feature they needed to get rid of, but it looks like I'm starting over if I wanna roll a skill/bloodtinge character.

So I got to the first fight after Rom, who was basically a less interesting Freja fight and the next boss is literally the tower knight with a new coat of bones. So far the only decent fights that aren't yet another large werewolf type enemy are the witch fight which was pitifully easy, and Gascoigne who was solid all around. I really want to like this game, but I may wind up dropping it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I take back what I said about burning out on this game. Just made it to Cainhurst and jesus that place blew me away. I'm stuck on the boss and it's actually super fun, which is really refreshing after fighting large aggresive werewolf boss #4 or pathetically easy gimmick boss #3. The chalice dungeons have also been staving off the burnout. I think I'm overleveled for the early ones, but I still really enjoyed fighting the Descendant.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I don't think I'll ever not giggle at the giant pig backstab animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So how do I go about making a skill/arcane hybrid that primarily uses skill weapons while having the versatility of spells? I was thinking of sticking with the threaded cane and kitting it out with arcane gems since I wanna keep using it.

• Locked thread