Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Add me to PSN to hunt with goons. PSN: Kyleh614

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I remember asking this in the previous thread, but no one really had an answer at the time. Is this going to be like Dark Souls 2 where you can farm an area until the monsters in that area stop respawning?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CuddlyZombie posted:

There's been zero indication of that, thankfully.

I was actually kinda hoping that would be in, but it's not something I care passionately about one way or the other.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Flytrap posted:

I was worried about that too at first, but it seems like they just removed all the extra variants of the same weapon and just made each individual weapon more unique. I'd rather have 1 halberd with a kick-rear end moveset than 4 halberd that either chop-thrust or thrust-chop.

Yeah, this is actually better. Unless the devs could come up with some more variations of each weapon type that were all unique in some specific way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Danger posted:

Or 9:00 PM if you live in sunny California.

I live in Arizona but this still applies to me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El Chingon posted:

Am I going to be able to just play the tutorial while the rest of the game is downloaded like all the other Day 1 Release games I've downloaded from PSN? That poo poo loving sucks.

Pre-loading is available right now if you bought digital. So you'll have the whole game ready to go before launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El Chingon posted:

This is the way it should work. But from my experience, you download only a part of the whole game (normally the first chapter, tutorial or first level), and the rest of the game is downloaded in the background. This has happend to me with Evolve, Dragon Age, The Last of Us and Shadow of Mordor.

The rest of the game cannot be downloaded before release day. For some games the rest of the game is a full 20GB in size, which makes it total garbage as you can only play the first level and then wait for my slow rear end internet connection to download the rest. :negative:

Am I the only one experiencing this?

I am downloading 25GB right now for Bloodborne, but I remember reading that Bloodborne is going to be 45GB. That must be some sort of European edition of the game though with multiple languages. From what I can tell, digital pre-orders will have the entire game ready to go before launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

I wasn't planning on buying this because I played Dark Souls for a few hours and couldn't get into it but watching some streams makes it look really fun so now I'm on the fence about it. The little differences in the gameplay with the gun and the melee weapons may be enough for me to give it a try.

I've always been really bad at the Souls games. I only ever beat Demon's Souls once. But the new co-op options, pvp, and randomly generated dungeon feature is making me pick this up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MZ posted:

I'd guess it decompresses to 45GB, there isn't an extra 20GB of languages in the euro versions.

I don't believe PS4 games use compression. I haven't noticed any games increase in size after their full downloads were complete. This was a thing with the PS3 though but only due to technical limitations in its file system. The Xbox 360 would decompress games on the fly while downloading them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

If you're bad just summon people. Its the hidden difficulty option of the Souls series. Solo = Hard, Summon 1 phantom = Normal, Summon 2 phantoms = Easy.

There's gonna be a poo poo ton of goons happy to help people stomp the early bosses if they get stuck :black101:

Exactly. I'm gonna do a lot of co-op. I hope I can do pvp too. I always wanted to do a lot of pvp in the souls games, but the way it worked in those made it painful, and connecting to other players game sessions would fail constantly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

A different bell. And I think the same thing opens you up to invasion :getin:

It does. :getin: But that's like in the other games too. The Souls series typically has one item for co-op, another for invasion, and invasion is always a possibility.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

So with coop can I just choose to play with a certain friend or do I have to ring the bell and it's fair game for anyone?

You can pick who you want to co-op with now. This has been a requested feature since Demon's Souls and we finally get it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm watching this stream of someone playing right now: http://www.twitch.tv/cslalan1985 they aren't really talking too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

megalodong posted:

are any of the reviews actually good or are they all this level of poo poo:

edit: ok Jim's review is really good and actually leads off by describing the game instead of billy's first creative writing class.

Who's review is this? I took a wild guess and thought it was Gamespot because it's something Kevin VanOrd would write, he is a poo poo tier writer, but it wasn't Gamespot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:siren: GAME IS OUT RESTART STEAM :siren:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For gently caress sakes this game is really hard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mrs. nicholas sarkozy posted:

Holy poo poo this game is hard

Yeah, i'm already frustrated. This game is hard as loving balls and I want to co-op with someone.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr E posted:

Well gently caress, the first boss doesn't mess around.

I almost killed him on my first attempt too. The trick is to wait until he is facing you and then dodge to the back of him and just keep hitting him. The camera gets in the way so much though that this is difficult.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh thank gently caress, once you get to the first boss, even if you don't defeat him, you can start spending souls to level up. Also co-op opens up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr E posted:

And then STAB HIM IN THE TOP OF THE HEAD!

Wait, how do you do that?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

When u guys say its hard, are you comparing it to dark souls standards or what.

This is waaaaaaaay motherfucking harder.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Brownview posted:

How do these games save progress? Like automatically or do I have to go to lanterns? First From Software game.

They save on the fly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cephalocidal posted:

Like NG++ two hits kills everything including you, but right out the gate and with no shields to hide behind?

Yeah something like that. And also large mobs of monsters that attack you all at once. You have to be super careful. Every encounter is really intense.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bogart posted:

^^Blood vials drop really frequently.

How's weapon degradation? Repair-at-hub or rest-and-free-repair? Or none? Please say none. I hate weapon degradation.

Stock up on lots and lots of blood vials before the first boss.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Danith posted:

Where do I get the bell so I can co-op, I'm really bad at this :(

Reach the first boss, but even then I don't think you can co-op yet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SamBishop posted:

The first time you die to a boss, you'll get the option to level up and messengers will give you the bells you need.

How do I join someone else's session tho?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Well poo poo, looks like I will never make it to co-op in this game.

(I don't even have it yet, but it was hard enough for me to get the small soapstone in DS2 the first time.)

I made it to the first boss by just running there. Do this once, and then listen to Sam Bishops advice about timing attacks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

Dammit, I just plain avoided the bridge because gently caress those wolves.

They have a lot of health but they are easy to just run past.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feenix posted:

AGGGGH THAT DOORBANGER showed up to get me even though I was way far back past him... while I was fighting the dudes with the dogs.

This happened to me once, I cried like a bitch when I saw him and ran away, up the stairs to the bridge, and the actually followed me up there before turning back.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's telling that the very first enemy encounter in this game, you're meant to die to it. Sets the tone for the rest of the game. The real Bloodborne begins here.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SamBishop posted:

That's a trademark of the series. Also, that encounter is totally and completely winnable with just your fists way easier than the first boss fights in other Souls games.

I figured it would be, but you can't get your first weapons until you get to the hub world, right? So might as well, but it's a nice gently caress you to the game to win that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh poo poo, okay so i'm watching the Gametrailers review, and they mention that if you're hit, you can strike right back and regain your health.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Try playing Demon's Souls sometime, scrub. :)

lol you shouldn't call people scrubs if you never beat the first boss in Demon's Souls. At least that game gives you a weapon. Bloodborne you literally have to die first to get any gear.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bogart posted:

try beating the false king with bare fists using your feet to control your character scrub

vv: yes! Just like how you kill a baddy and get their echoes, baddy kills you and gets yours!

Gonna play Bloodborne like this http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ign=socialoomph

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Azzanadra posted:

so when can I start pouring blood echos into my stats and level up? Did they hide the level up mechanic like they did in DS2?

Have to reach a boss.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KongGeorgeVII posted:

7 hours to go in Australia and the preload hasn't even started :smithicide:

Someone in this thread from Australia was saying the pre-load isnt until an hour until the game goes live.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bloodborne isn't coming to PC. Stop bringing it up. If you want to play the game badly enough, buy a PlayStation 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Somebody in the thread lead me to believe that From has already said there will be a patch to lower the load times ~soon~ but I may just be making that up.

I really hope that's true. Bloodborne is close to perfect, it's just some of the technical problems that are holding it back from achieving that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

• Locked thread