Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Akumos posted:

Yeah, people from subforums should be fair game, as I was more of a PGS shitposter and got nominated. I'll come up with a schedule for picking the roster/practice/event time sometime tomorrow after I look through the names a bit. I still haven't really decided on a good game that's easily accessible though, that might take some more time to figure out.

pick tf2 and blind your enemies with your awful pink spy loadout, if you still have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:regd08:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If you guys pick pick SF 2 Rainbow Edition, you're probably going to want to ban Guile

or don't. Whatever

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

play soldat

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Akumos posted:

are u prepared to face sephiroth irl?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Servaetes posted:

I think Scorched Earth is older than some of the posters nowadays holy gently caress

there are a shitload of old rear end games that would be amazing

for instance why the gently caress is there no LORD or Food Fight door for games?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
tf2 ... is crap!!! bwa ha ha hah a

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Have some people puking while playing with Descent 2 Rebirth: http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ffs keep reading this title as "Actually, it's about ethanol's shitposting"

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i vote ethanol for the op

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Alright here's a basic schedule update:
I'll pick a roster by the 30th of shitposters and start trying to get in contact with them.
I'll have the game picked by the 30th as well.
I'll try to get a practice game in with the majority of them in by the 1st or 2nd to make sure they can install it etc.
The actual game will happen on the 5th or 6th depending on their availability, slightly less than 2 weeks from now.

What I want from you nerds right now is to compile a list of like 5-6 shitposters you want to see in here and I'll put up a vote. I'll likely choose 3 + a poster I specifically want. If no one feels like making this list I'll get around to making a poll eventually but :effort:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

zaphod42 and gay skull

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Stux posted:

zaphod42 and gay skull

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if you pick tf2 for some gay reason you have to play this map https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuVS5C9aIqA

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what big dumb baby got mad enough at ethanol to buy him an unfunny red text av

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Eonwe posted:

what big dumb baby got mad enough at ethanol to buy him an unfunny red text av

Want to nominate the dude who paid ten American dollars for that lovely red text

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

its like something you'd find on a kid's tumblr page, not even funny-angry

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

ethanol posted:

you can't nominate me just because you and I don't get along, also I'm not particularly interested in participating since it's not quake 3 anymore, not to mention if I won I would challenge everybody to either a halo or forza match on xbox one and you can see why this might be a problem because #1 goons don't like forza and halo and #2 nobody here has an xbox one

I don't really know who Ethanol is but after reading this post I'm voting for him.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
if red-text guy didnt waste all his money on avs he could've bought a Miatta himself

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Is that browser game Diplomacy still around? Even Stux should be able to do that.

I still think the idea of a Highlander TF2 match betwwn the top Games and GBS shitposters should become reality someday and will post about it in each of these threads.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

ethanol posted:

you can't nominate me just because you and I don't get along, also I'm not particularly interested in participating since it's not quake 3 anymore, not to mention if I won I would challenge everybody to either a halo or forza match on xbox one and you can see why this might be a problem because #1 goons don't like forza and halo and #2 nobody here has an xbox one

nominating this rear end in a top hat

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lazyfire posted:

Is that browser game Diplomacy still around? Even Stux should be able to do that.

I still think the idea of a Highlander TF2 match betwwn the top Games and GBS shitposters should become reality someday and will post about it in each of these threads.

tf2 is one of my favourite games so i heartily endorse and agree

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Dr Cheeto posted:

Want to nominate the dude who paid ten American dollars for that lovely red text

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Someone should buy Eonwe a new red-text. He tells me that he's getting a bit self-conscious at how long he's been able to go without someone buying him one. I'd do it myself but since he's my friend it would kinda beat the purpose of buying someone a red text av so it's like eh.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Someone should buy Eonwe a new red-text. He tells me that he's getting a bit self-conscious at how long he's been able to go without someone buying him one. I'd do it myself but since he's my friend it would kinda beat the purpose of buying someone a red text av so it's like eh.

:eyepop:

please keep the elephant intact tho

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

CharlestonJew posted:

if red-text guy didnt waste all his money on avs he could've bought a Miatta himself

Do this one too.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

My nomination for terrible games to compete on, since we've been doing FPSes: Bulletstorm.

That, or swap it up and do some old RTS that everyone has played once, but nobody's actually played in years, like War2:DP or TA.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

ullerrm posted:

My nomination for terrible games to compete on, since we've been doing FPSes: Bulletstorm.

That, or swap it up and do some old RTS that everyone has played once, but nobody's actually played in years, like War2:DP or TA.

Bulletstorm was

1) actually really good despute the stupid humor
2) co-op multiplayer

Not a great fit unless it ends up being a score attack thing instead of head to head.

Someone needs to figure out which poster Patrick Klepek is because he just wrote like his 50th article about Slenderman and clearly has an account here and is a huge shitposter as evident by the "nopat" Google Chrome extension that was made just to keep his articles from appearing on Giant Bomb.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I thought Bulletstorm was the bottom of the barrel, but then Sunset Overdrive came out and I actually look fondly upon Bulletstorm just because that game exists.

Maybe I'm not "with it" anymore, but I thought the humor of that game was so attrocious, it's like watching Beavis and Butthead again and just sit there going "why did I think this was funny when I was a teenager?"

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Can you trust someone who doesn't know Beavis and Butthead is funny?

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Mordaedil posted:

I thought Bulletstorm was the bottom of the barrel, but then Sunset Overdrive came out and I actually look fondly upon Bulletstorm just because that game exists.

Maybe I'm not "with it" anymore, but I thought the humor of that game was so attrocious, it's like watching Beavis and Butthead again and just sit there going "why did I think this was funny when I was a teenager?"

The gameplay was really good; Good guns, the leash, environmental kills, different kicks were awesome, the coop gameplay was great and still unique to this day.

You're just broken if you can't find fun in bulletstorm, someone must've killed your dick.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mordaedil posted:

Holy poo poo, how can you not enjoy a good game like Bulletstorm?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

echronorian posted:

Can you trust someone who doesn't know Beavis and Butthead is funny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3430vZg_vUY

You tell me man.

Blister posted:

The gameplay was really good; Good guns, the leash, environmental kills, different kicks were awesome, the coop gameplay was great and still unique to this day.

You're just broken if you can't find fun in bulletstorm, someone must've killed your dick.

It was dumb cheesy humor, which takes a certain mindset.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3430vZg_vUY

You tell me man.

It was dumb cheesy humor, which takes a certain mindset.

I'm sorry but you're broken.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
games is full of broken gamers.

bulletstorm is ace and all the different methods of doing stuff is fun.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

A true patriot :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

• Locked thread