Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

hey guys not sure if this is the right place to leave this but if not, gas it.

basically I'm Gm for a black crusade campaign, my team has managed to kill two terminators, take their armour, and harvest their gene seed. so I have two currently human players that want to use the progenoids to become space marine. has any other GM done this before, and how have you gone about it?

Tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Grab a Deathwatch book and make your players roll their spess mahreens otherwise you are a railroading POS. Buona Sera!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3150535

GM advice thread.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sounds like grounds for a total party wipe IMO

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I don't know heaps about warhammer and I've never opened one of the 40K RPGS, but here goes...

So the PCs have effectively stolen some sacred religious stuff that actually works from a bunch of fanatic warriors, which has got to be a capital crime. And they've used it, which is probably some kind of crusade-provoking event. Like, the space marines in question are surely going to drop everything and come after them.

I guess the gene thingy fucks them around pretty hard when they use it, so you can probably just get them to make new space marine characters (at an appropriate stage of advancement/level/whatever, from whatever supplement or compatible system has the rules for space marine PCs), but it's not going to be super great for them if the whole of the space marine corps or whatever it's called is after them now.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

McSpergin posted:

hey guys not sure if this is the right place to leave this but if not, gas it.

basically I'm Gm for a black crusade campaign, my team has managed to kill two terminators, take their armour, and harvest their gene seed. so I have two currently human players that want to use the progenoids to become space marine. has any other GM done this before, and how have you gone about it?

Tia

Thats not how becoming a space marine works. Theres still all the other implants, psycho-conditioning, balls-out training, etc to go through. Oh and the chapter whose geneseed it is will declare an unending crusade to wipe your players pathetic existence from existence.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
welp, they gotta find someone that can actually make a space marine then. Not a lot of sane folk out there that can pull it off, even if there isn't anything off about the gene seed. Did they know how to preserve that poo poo? Did they just throw it into a bag?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Grognan posted:

welp, they gotta find someone that can actually make a space marine then. Not a lot of sane folk out there that can pull it off, even if there isn't anything off about the gene seed. Did they know how to preserve that poo poo? Did they just throw it into a bag?

Yeah they built a special container with scrap parts to hold it.

Also yeah I think if someone finds out they did the space wolves will want to gently caress them up.

It's a hard call to make how to do it but I mean they're chaos disciples and just want the benefit of being a space marine. Like surely it'll be something they need to go on an endeavour to find someone willing to do it. I'll have to think deeply about it I think

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fabio Bile will be happy to help i'm sure.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

What's this "if someone finds out..."?. Of course the space marines find out. So do all kinds of other people.

Your game is now about these chaos dude PCs trying to get all their stolen space marine poo poo to work while the space marines and everyone else chase after them to kill them / rob them / trade with them / recruit them . Sounds like fun, and also sounds like it's going to practically write itself if you know about the setting (or maybe I'm wrong, but I'm assuming "we stole gene seed and the best armour from the space wolves" is not something that happens often).

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

AlphaDog posted:

What's this "if someone finds out..."?. Of course the space marines find out. So do all kinds of other people.

Your game is now about these chaos dude PCs trying to get all their stolen space marine poo poo to work while the space marines and everyone else chase after them to kill them / rob them / trade with them / recruit them . Sounds like fun, and also sounds like it's going to practically write itself if you know about the setting (or maybe I'm wrong, but I'm assuming "we stole gene seed and the best armour from the space wolves" is not something that happens often).

That sounds awesome, you guys are gonna have a blast.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Pretty sure there are khornate space wolf apostates running around that could help them out... for a price.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

nopantsjack posted:

Pretty sure there are khornate space wolf apostates running around that could help them out... for a price.

The 13th Great Company are loyal and stalwart warriors of the Imperium. Any other speak is heresy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Sweetmeats. They're under the Drugs & Consumables section.
Take Progenoid Glands, coat them with certain rare oils, and then gently braise them until golden brown.
They do very little mechanically (bonus vs fatigue), their main purpose is to be eaten in front of Space Marines for the audacity and sheer indulgent wastefulness. It's probably the kind of thing you should hand out an Infamy Point for outrageousness.

Edit
Also
40k RPG Thread

• Locked thread