Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kgummy posted:

The request is for the NDS version. Which seems to be quite different, and is a side scrolling thing.

Edit: Or at least the one with that specific name.

Whoops. Could've sworn there was a request for the PS1 game earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
There was! Both Grinch games were requested, but I took down the PS1 request since it's done now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ArclightBorealis is also done with Project Phantasma now, so you can take that one off the list.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I want someone to play Wings of Vi. That is a fun but hard platformer and I'd really like to see a skillfull playthrough of it.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 8, 2015

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Holy poo poo what happened to the request list :wtc:

Please add these back, still waiting for them. Already checked against your list and the master list (LPs for 2-3 titles exist but their images are long dead).

Constructor
D/Generation
Darklands
Dungeon Master 1 & 2
Eador: Genesis / Masters of the Broken World (preferably Genesis)
Electroplankton - Subtitled - Preferably by someone who knows music theory
Emperor: Battle for Dune
Eye of the Beholder series
FATE: Gates of Dawn: Amiga
Front Mission 5
Front Mission 6
Future Cop LAPD - PSX
Genesia/Ultimate Domain
Gender Wars
Infinite Space - DS
Inherit the Earth
Inquisitor - Hybrid
King's Field games
KKND
Lands of Lore 1
Left Behind series
Link: The Faces of Evil - CDi
LocoRoco; PSP, Video/subtitled, all fruits/MuiMuis
Lone Survivor - PC
M.U.L.E.; NES, Video, 4 players. Note:"Informative screenshot LP if video not possible."
Moon Remix RPG
Neon Genesis Evangelion 64
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi
Nox
Okamiden
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Perihelion - Amiga; Screenshots
Phoenix Wright series (SSLP)
Pizza Syndicate - Known in the US as Fast Food Tycoon. Known in Germany as Pizza Connection
Pizza Connection 2
Primal - PS2
Quarantine
Realms of Arkania: Star Trail
Solium Infernum
Spy Vs. Spy series
Starflight I and II
Syndicate series - 1, American Revolt, Wars (the old ones, NOT the 2012 one)
Tail Concerto
Tex Murphy series
Threads of Fate - PSX
Tribes/Tribes 2 (Video)
Ultima VIII: Pagan
Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss
Unepic
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate
Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat
Warhammer: Dark Omen
Warzone 2100
Wasteland 1
What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord!? series - PSP
Wheel of Time

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Pierzak posted:

Please add these back, still waiting for them. Already checked against your list and the master list (LPs for 2-3 titles exist but their images are long dead).

Ditto, I eagerly await each and every one of these Let's Plays.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Didn't someone do Dark Omen/Shadow of the Horned Rat? I thought I saw them at some point, at least.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I know Link: Faces of Evil was done a long time ago, and very competently, in my opinion. Here's the thread link, but it was never archived.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That's a lot of old RTS games there. It'd be pretty drat hard to make Gender Wars or KKND interesting without making it like three screenshots per mission.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Pierzak posted:

You can't watch all those Let us Plays Pierzak. You don't have the willpower.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'll be honest and say I second the Omikron: The Nomad Soul request off that list. I've seen a few attempts and they all gave up rather early. It would help if the LPer was a Bowie fan I think.

I wouldn't mind seeing the spy vs spy games either, they aren't difficult. I could probably pull something off myself eventually down the road, but I'd prefer someone that's more of an expert.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Nidoking posted:

I know Link: Faces of Evil was done a long time ago, and very competently, in my opinion. Here's the thread link, but it was never archived.

OK how did I miss that. Bookmarked for watching later.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Choco1980 posted:

I'll be honest and say I second the Omikron: The Nomad Soul request off that list. I've seen a few attempts and they all gave up rather early. It would help if the LPer was a Bowie fan I think.

I've been hoping to fill that request, except I first want to be sure I can beat the final boss, which I've never succeeded at :sweatdrop:

edit: just to be clear, I'm not trying to stake a claim here.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Apr 8, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Nidoking posted:

For those of us without Archives, could you put up a link to the actual Youtube videos?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh4oKvVukyk

Here you go.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

For those of us without Archives, could you put up a link to the actual Youtube videos?

How do you have the money to buy a new avatar every other week but not buy archives?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Suspicious Dish posted:

How do you have the money to buy a new avatar every other week but not buy archives?

Archives is only useful like once in a blue moon so I don't blame him for not having bought it. I haven't bought it either and I don't plan to because it costs 10 less dollars to ask someone to post something that's in the Archives for me!

Yagyumi
Aug 26, 2013

Right! It's bonkin' time! I loves a bit of bonkin'!

CJacobs posted:

Archives is only useful like once in a blue moon so I don't blame him for not having bought it.

A lot of the time, I do forget I even have archives, but it has it's occasional uses I guess? :shrug: I mean, I was able to watch Suspicious' Tomb Raider LPs (the LP thread itself classified as Ongoing, despite the thread being deserted for quite some time, plus the videos themselves are unlisted), but you're right - there's not really enough use from it that warrants spending another 10 dollars.

Air is lava! posted:

I want someone to play Wings of Vi.

Smite actually streamed this a short while ago and put the ending result up on youtube. He - and especially his co-commentators - do not share your sentiment of the game, however

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Funny old threads from around the forums are great for archives, as not everything gets goldmined. If you have a archives, this thread is especially good: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706779

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Suspicious Dish posted:

Because I buy a new avatar every other loving week, man!!!

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 7, 2015

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I hate people and like watching them suffer, so I'm going to suggest some poor soul play Bubsy on the SNES. Or the Genesis. Whichever one was worse. I suffered through the SNES one growing up, so that's what comes to min first for me, but either-or, really.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I hate people and like watching them suffer, so I'm going to suggest some poor soul play Bubsy on the SNES. Or the Genesis. Whichever one was worse. I suffered through the SNES one growing up, so that's what comes to min first for me, but either-or, really.

I'm going to suggest that you suffer by clicking this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I might take this one.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Blind Sally posted:

I'm going to suggest that you suffer by clicking this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4

I love how it somehow manages to be worse than the Battletoads pilot.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I might take this one.

:neckbeard:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I love how it somehow manages to be worse than the Battletoads pilot.

I'm pretty sure they aired back-to-back. Like, it was some weird special thing where they had several saturday morning cartoon pilots air in a marathon one thanksgiving afternoon iirc.

EDIT TO PREVENT DOUBLE POSTING 9 HOURS LATER: I request just occurred to me. I'd like to see someone who knows what they're doing attempt to tackle as many of the Kunio-Kun series of games as they can. Of course, that doesn't mean every individual port of Super Dodge Ball or anything, but an honest attempt to run through the games, both the brawler main series, and all the weird sports spin-offs if they could. River City Ransom and Crash and the Boys are the only ones I'm any good at in the series.

Choco1980 fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Apr 8, 2015

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Yagyumi posted:

Smite actually streamed this a short while ago and put the ending result up on youtube. He - and especially his co-commentators - do not share your sentiment of the game, however

That was really fun.
Glad I asked.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Bubsy can eat my loving dick

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I would love to see a Video LP of Earth Defense Force 2025. Bugs, giant explosions and horrible frame rates could make for some really entertaining updates.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

what could possibly go wrong?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I wanna see some Axiom Verge up in here - but a skilled run, obviously.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Kinda wondering why early access games like Nuclear Throne and Darkest Dungeon are in there. Granted, being unfinished has never stopped anyone from LPing a game, but it still feels odd, especially with DD since 66% of that game's content is still in development.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'd really enjoy someone LPing Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, the forgotten DK platformer. GameCube or Wii, doesn't matter to me.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

I think Phantom Dust would be interesting to see as an LP. I haven't played it myself, and the concept is interesting (essentially Action MTG), but there's basically zero videos for it out there, and the last LP done has depreciated videos.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

what could possibly go wrong?

I tried to record a video. The levels are really drat short and there's barely anything to talk about except for how weird and janky everything is, which wears itself thin pretty fast. It's also hard as balls on top of this.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

I wanna see some Axiom Verge up in here - but a skilled run, obviously.

Even though I got the Platinum trophy, I'm not sure I could do a "skilled run" in one sitting. I was thinking of recording a 100% walkthrough once the PC version drops, though.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rush_shirt posted:

Even though I got the Platinum trophy, I'm not sure I could do a "skilled run" in one sitting. I was thinking of recording a 100% walkthrough once the PC version drops, though.

Who said anything about one sitting? Edit the poo poo out of it.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

CaptainYesterday posted:

I'd really enjoy someone LPing Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, the forgotten DK platformer. GameCube or Wii, doesn't matter to me.

I plan to do this, although I am not sure when. With the bongos.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Not sure where else to ask about this, but does anyone have the videos from the Yume Nikki LP by ohmRICE saved? The LP got archived but as far as I can tell, most of the videos from it are gone now. I was looking for some scenes from the game and I remember that LP being pretty comprehensive, but I can't use it now. There are some LPs on youtube but given the nature of the game of course the ones I looked at missed the things I was looking for.

It'd be cool if someone LPd the game again but I don't expect that given its obscurity and how much of a pain in the rear end it is to properly show off everything in it.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Internet Kraken posted:

Not sure where else to ask about this, but does anyone have the videos from the Yume Nikki LP by ohmRICE saved? The LP got archived but as far as I can tell, most of the videos from it are gone now. I was looking for some scenes from the game and I remember that LP being pretty comprehensive, but I can't use it now. There are some LPs on youtube but given the nature of the game of course the ones I looked at missed the things I was looking for.

It'd be cool if someone LPd the game again but I don't expect that given its obscurity and how much of a pain in the rear end it is to properly show off everything in it.

I do have this LP saved. I'm uploading it to Mediafire now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Double post, but whatever.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sjd9tt7hb0xke/Yume_Nikki_LP Here's the folder. Let me know if one of the videos is corrupted. The upload was finishing right as my neighborhood suffered a brief power outage, so it's possible something didn't upload right.

• Locked thread