Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

I guess i was wrong lol

lol he has four other drunken probates/bans.

Is three bans in a week a record?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

lool

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You realize that if you ever plan to be a practicing lawyer that you shouldn't be sharing your adventures in a halfway house with us, right? Like, you realize firms are going to google your name, right?

My real name isn't "Izzy Stradlin"

ASSASSINS! posted:

how many people do you have to kill to end up in a halfway house for two years?

zero. i've never been arrested. never gotten so much as a parking ticket. i am here under my own volition b/c i don't trust myself living on my own.

Nooner posted:

what was your favorite activity back when you were drinking? Personally I love coming home from work after a long day and cracking a delicious brew while enjoying the sunset on my balcony. Really nothing quite like it

drinking whiskey while smoking cigs and listening to springsteen or watching always sunny or the inbetweeners (UK) and pretending like i was a member of their crew, ie, like they were my best friends.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

When you did on campus interview did you tell them you live in a halfway house?

I got a PO Box specifically for that purpose - so my resume and business cards wouldn't have my address, which if you google shows up as a part of a treatment center for alcoholism and drug addiction. one step ahead-uh the game.

IzzyFnStradlin fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 24, 2015

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
Back on topic: one time this same roommate almost fought with another of my black roommates b/c he thought that someone was stealing his hot dogs.

edit: and now neither one of them will keep their hot dogs, or chips, or crisco grease in the kitchen, b/c neither trusts the other lol.

IzzyFnStradlin fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 24, 2015

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Back on topic: one time this same roommate almost fought with another of my black roommates b/c he thought that someone was stealing his hot dogs.

are you racist?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

what game is this again

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

dog buttz posted:

are you racist?

Check his rap sheet

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

When are you going to apologize for the ways you've wronged all of us for making us read your shitposts? Its been like 2 years and thats like the 5th loving step

Realtalk: I actually went to my sponsor and told him that I wanted to make 9th step amends to the people on the SA Forums that I've harmed, but we discussed it and he said I didn't have to. :cool:

(fifth step is different. that is "admitted to god, ourselves, and another human being the exact nature of our wrongs")

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

the paralegal of paraprison bitches

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
mods move this to ask/tell

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

zero. i've never been arrested. never gotten so much as a parking ticket. i am here under my own volition b/c i don't trust myself living on my own.

If you can't trust yourself to live on your own, how are you going to be fit to practice law in a high powered law firm?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i believe in you op

people have succeeded out of more trying circumstances than your own

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

iammeandsoareyou posted:

If you can't trust yourself to live on your own, how are you going to be fit to practice law in a high powered law firm?

I'm hoping when and if that time comes i will be ready. it's a gradual process, after all. i wouldn't actually even take the bar or be licensed until like a year from now, so there is quite a bit of time to grow and flourish.

edit: plus, one thing i learned in law school is that law students don't enter and rarely leave as these like suave attorneys. that takes time too. you don't even get considered to become a partner until 7 years working for a big firm.

IzzyFnStradlin fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 24, 2015

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

youll never have as much fun being a lawyer than you would being a cool drunk guy

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

drinking whiskey while smoking cigs and listening to springsteen or watching always sunny or the inbetweeners (UK) and pretending like i was a member of their crew, ie, like they were my best friends.

holy poo poo op. lol

you irl: :smith:

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

I'm hoping when and if that time comes i will be ready. it's a gradual process, after all. i wouldn't actually even take the bar or be licensed until like a year from now, so there is quite a bit of time to grow and flourish.

edit: plus, one thing i learned in law school is that law students don't enter and rarely leave as these like suave attorneys. that takes time too. you don't even get considered to become a partner until 7 years working for a big firm.

Right, as far as I know lawyers, especially under the partner level are a very abstemious crew.

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
like, i figured i knew a thing or two about illegal drugs that time i got arrested for them, so i guess the next logical step in my career is to be a dea agent???

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Smashurbanipal posted:

a very abstemious crew.

Ah, a fellow logophile,

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
This thread's gotten too weird and way off topic. Closing.

Edit: I closed the thread but someone - presumably a mod - reopened it. Don't blame me.

IzzyFnStradlin fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 24, 2015

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

don't be shy :)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

it's good to be back

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Enjoying a frost cold beer while I watch the game how could anything that feels so right be bad?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I wish the op good luck in his quests to be sober, to be a lawyer, and whatever thing with his black Nazi roommate or whatever, even if his posts are bad, as indeed they are. Namaste.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

TEAYCHES posted:

it's good to be black

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Hey I'm an alcoholic wouldn't it be great if I could join a profession known for aggravating and even causing alcohol dependency

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

his posts are bad

his posts are bad

his posts are bad

his posts are bad

his posts are bad

his posts are bad

his posts are bad

his posts are bad

his posts are bad

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

you still bucking for that 6er?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

gnarlyhotep posted:

Rebellious subjects, enemies to peace,
Profaners of this neighbour-stained steel,--
Will they not hear? What, ho! you men, you beasts,
That quench the fire of your pernicious rage
With purple fountains issuing from your veins,
On pain of torture, from those bloody hands
Throw your mistemper'd weapons to the ground,
And hear the sentence of your moved prince.
Three civil brawls, bred of an airy word,
By thee, old Capulet, and Montague,
Have thrice disturb'd the quiet of our streets,
And made Verona's ancient citizens
Cast by their grave beseeming ornaments,
To wield old partisans, in hands as old,
Canker'd with peace, to part your canker'd hate:
If ever you disturb our streets again,
Your lives shall pay the forfeit of the peace.
For this time, all the rest depart away:
You Capulet; shall go along with me:
And, Montague, come you this afternoon,
To know our further pleasure in this case,
To old Free-town, our common judgment-place.
Once more, on pain of death, all men depart.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

nooner dont take your love to town

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
nooner is so incompetent at being bad, it's like some kind of alice in wonderland poo poo

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

while my house manager was away on vacation i was put in charge b/c i've been here the longest (25 months), so i wanted to see wtf was going on in there and rat him out to the house manager if need be.

Disgusting.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Agag posted:

Disgusting.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Did the op not close this thread or do i owe the mods a courtesy thank-you for giving us the opportunity to call izzy a boring dickless turdpusher one last time?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

david... posted:

youll never have as much fun being a lawyer than you would being a cool drunk guy

I've never seen a lawyer who's work attire is a bath robe

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

Did the op not close this thread or do i owe the mods a courtesy thank-you for giving us the opportunity to call izzy a boring dickless turdpusher one last time?

I was gonna PM a mod because I didn't get to mock the OP before the thread closed, guess I won't even have to.

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Your case worker is right, OP. You might be living in a place that would disqualify you from literally any job, but if you believe in yourself, you can be a lawyer just like you always dreamed.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

gay sewer monster posted:

Your case worker is right, OP. You might be living in a place that would disqualify you from literally any job, but if you believe in yourself, you can be a lawyer just like you always dreamed.

Haven't you heard, he's going to a TOP 5 LAW SCHOOL. He just can't tell you which one because it's a secret.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

gnarly is a just and wise mod

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
After perusing his rap sheet, I'm pretty sure that IzzyFnStradlin will start drinking again after losing a case defending a white dude for shooting a black person in 'self defence'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

I closed it. Someone - presumably a mod - reopened it.

• Locked thread