Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
For your information, I was posting in the Custom MtG Card Contest thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Poison Mushroom posted:

Congratulations, you just literally did something old Lumpen used to do.

TAKE IT BACK.

TAKE IT BACK.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway so are you going to answer my question?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Hey PMush can you explain how you think this post helps the town find scum, thanks!
Technically not a question!

I'm naturally suspicious of D1 gambits past jokephase, especially ones that involve fake role claims (that could cause the real role to counterclaim, and thus get killed) or ones that the gambit-er keeps pushing after the gambit fails. And you're doing both of these things right now. So by answering as I honestly feel, I already found a scum.

It's you. You're the scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Technically not a question!

I'm naturally suspicious of D1 gambits past jokephase, especially ones that involve fake role claims (that could cause the real role to counterclaim, and thus get killed) or ones that the gambit-er keeps pushing after the gambit fails. And you're doing both of these things right now. So by answering as I honestly feel, I already found a scum.

It's you. You're the scum.

You didn't answer my question.

How did you intend your post to help the town find the scum?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

You didn't answer my question.

How did you intend your post to help the town find the scum?
Let me rephrase your question.

"Why didn't you lie about your loyalties and priorities when prompted to when someone was trying to buddy up with scum?"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Let me rephrase your question.

"Why didn't you lie about your loyalties and priorities when prompted to when someone was trying to buddy up with scum?"

Let me rephrase your rephrasing

"Why did you sabotage an attempt to get scum to reveal themselves?"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

But anyway, you want to go for me, come at me, I swing for the fences so getting voted off day one isn't anything and then the target is going to be on you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Let me rephrase your rephrasing

"Why did you sabotage an attempt to get scum to reveal themselves?"
"Sabotage" implies it was ever going to work in the first place.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

"Sabotage" implies it was ever going to work in the first place.

So now not only are you dodging the question, you're half answering the question with a statement that implies that you think I am town, hmmmmm

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

So now not only are you dodging the question, you're half answering the question with a statement that implies that you think I am town, hmmmmm
Fine. Let me spell it out for you.

I didn't answer your gambit the way I wanted because I saw the actual gambit in there. The one where people go along with your stupid little plan, and then suddenly your scumbuddy has a ton of ammunition for calling out people who were 'willing to work together with scum'. That wouldn't have worked, either, but it would have been distracting, and a way for both of you to pad your fake arguments.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I didn't answer your gambit the way I wanted because I saw the actual gambit in there. The one where people go along with your stupid little plan, and then suddenly your scumbuddy has a ton of ammunition for calling out people who were 'willing to work together with scum'. That wouldn't have worked, either, but it would have been distracting, and a way for both of you to pad your fake arguments.

That's the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever heard and if you saw through my gambit you would have voted me earlier.

Your story is falling apart and doesn't make sense.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

That's the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever heard and if you saw through my gambit you would have voted me earlier.

Your story is falling apart and doesn't make sense.

I'm not going to go along with this. This is a scum gambit.

*waits until everything is revealed*

I AM SHOCKED AND APPALLED THIS FELLOW IS SURELY SCUM.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just want to be clear here. You're saying that the people who wouldn't cooperate with scum instead of voting them are the suspicious ones?
This was the point where I moved from "maybe I'm not understanding something, or maybe Keane just didn't think this through" to "No, Keane definitely knew what he was doing".

Listen. On the tiny chance that you really are town, I'm sorry that you're salty that I torpedoed your gambit. It was, at best, doomed to fail, and at worst, primed to backfire horribly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

This was the point where I moved from "maybe I'm not understanding something, or maybe Keane just didn't think this through" to "No, Keane definitely knew what he was doing".

Listen. On the tiny chance that you really are town, I'm sorry that you're salty that I torpedoed your gambit. It was, at best, doomed to fail, and at worst, primed to backfire horribly.

You know I am town, PMush.

I'm going to eat your children, PMush.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Poison Mushroom posted:

So you saw through my gambit that I might have been doing as town and because you saw through my gambit you knew I was scum, but you weren't sure until later.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

You know I am town, PMush.

I'm going to eat your children, PMush.
Fine. I don't know poo poo. I've been out of seriously playing Mafia for so long that now that I'm back, and dedicated to actually being a contributing player, that I remembered how bad I've always been at scumhunting.

I am going off gut and in-the-moment feelings and reactions because that's all I have. And then I do my best to put logic to those feelings to either justify or dismiss them. Because I don't know how the gently caress else to do any of this. So, fine. If you're actually town, and I've been an aggressive dick to you for no reason, then I apologize.

But until you flip or I die, I'm going to play this to the hilt. It's all I've got.

##vote CCKeane

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: only now that I'm back

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Fine. I don't know poo poo. I've been out of seriously playing Mafia for so long that now that I'm back, and dedicated to actually being a contributing player, that I remembered how bad I've always been at scumhunting.

I am going off gut and in-the-moment feelings and reactions because that's all I have. And then I do my best to put logic to those feelings to either justify or dismiss them. Because I don't know how the gently caress else to do any of this. So, fine. If you're actually town, and I've been an aggressive dick to you for no reason, then I apologize.

But until you flip or I die, I'm going to play this to the hilt. It's all I've got.

##vote CCKeane

Yeah that's fair, I won't complain about a gut shot.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think we're duelled out at this point. Let's take a step back for a bit so lurkers can't hide.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Obligatory ##vote Poison Mushroom

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

I think we're duelled out at this point. Let's take a step back for a bit so lurkers can't hide.
Fine by me. Being angry at internet party games is loving exhausting, and I have work super early tomorrow.

I still think you and MEDS are the scum right now, and that probably won't change any time soon, but I'm sorry if I called you names. (I honestly don't remember.) I let things get a little away from me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Fine by me. Being angry at internet party games is loving exhausting, and I have work super early tomorrow.

I still think you and MEDS are the scum right now, and that probably won't change any time soon, but I'm sorry if I called you names. (I honestly don't remember.) I let things get a little away from me.

I don't think you did.

And sorry if I said anything bad myself.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Summary post:

Notes: posts
CCKeane 58 Posting, usual day 1 jokes, trying gambits to abuse setup, fake claimed oracle - SCUM
Capitalist Pig 9 Posting
Poison Mushroom 25 Posting - FOS Keane/Meds
Kleedrac 16 Me
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS 11 Posting
The Science of Suck 3 Few posts - most lurk
HiipFire 8 Posting

This is straight outta my notes journal but basically I see Science as lurking hard day 1 so I really wanna see more from him - I still believe CCKeane to be scummy, partially because he's been tossing wet spaghetti at everything within a ten mile radius but mostly due to his claiming of one of two possible power roles in the game day one for a really bad gambit. Poison seems to agree with me on Keane and also thinks Meds is scummy. As for the rest of you I don't know what you're thinking because you aren't posting enough ;) You guys should rectify that :)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Calling it now, Kleedrac is Blue.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Calling it now, Kleedrac is Blue.
And just why is this so important?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

Summary post:

Notes: posts
CCKeane 58 Posting, usual day 1 jokes, trying gambits to abuse setup, fake claimed oracle - SCUM
Capitalist Pig 9 Posting
Poison Mushroom 25 Posting - FOS Keane/Meds
Kleedrac 16 Me
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS 11 Posting
The Science of Suck 3 Few posts - most lurk
HiipFire 8 Posting

This is straight outta my notes journal but basically I see Science as lurking hard day 1 so I really wanna see more from him - I still believe CCKeane to be scummy, partially because he's been tossing wet spaghetti at everything within a ten mile radius but mostly due to his claiming of one of two possible power roles in the game day one for a really bad gambit. Poison seems to agree with me on Keane and also thinks Meds is scummy. As for the rest of you I don't know what you're thinking because you aren't posting enough ;) You guys should rectify that :)

Hello Kleedrac.

How is your post of "I will vote the scum if they come forward" a post that benefits scum hunting?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CCKeane posted:

Hello Kleedrac.

How is your post of "I will vote the scum if they come forward" a post that benefits scum hunting?

How is it not? Your gambit was bad dude. If I were scum and someone pimped into the thread claiming to be able to "win the game for all" and "only one scum has to lose" with as little explanation as you did there is no way I'd listen to you. You had nothing, not even a weird stretch to explain this "all wins" mentality you were trying to sell. If you think that people were falling for it and the only reason it didn't work was CPig/me/PM saying we were going to do the right thing and hang the scumteam you're a fuckin loony!

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

If this is true, why didn't you just say it in the first place?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

How is it not? Your gambit was bad dude. If I were scum and someone pimped into the thread claiming to be able to "win the game for all" and "only one scum has to lose" with as little explanation as you did there is no way I'd listen to you. You had nothing, not even a weird stretch to explain this "all wins" mentality you were trying to sell. If you think that people were falling for it and the only reason it didn't work was CPig/me/PM saying we were going to do the right thing and hang the scumteam you're a fuckin loony!

That's fine.

That doesn't answer the question of how your post would benefit town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Science of Suck posted:

If this is true, why didn't you just say it in the first place?

It is because PM is scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac: "Your gambit is dumb and bad! That is why I made a post that is against town interests!"

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CCKeane posted:

That's fine.

That doesn't answer the question of how your post would benefit town.

I did answer your question - my post was only not town if your gambit had a snowball's chance in hell to work - it did not.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

I did answer your question - my post was only not town if your gambit had a snowball's chance in hell to work - it did not.

Then why didn't you call me out earlier? Same thing as PM.

This is the same thing as her deal. You are claiming your post was okay because you totally saw through the gambit and knew I was scummy for it but only mention that later. If I was pully a scummy gambit that you saw through, you would have reacted earlier.

All of this nonsense is just posts after the fact trying to justify it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

As far as the tears related to me fake claiming oracle, orcale only affects the color breakdown, and has little effect on actual scum hunting.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CCKeane posted:

Then why didn't you call me out earlier? Same thing as PM.

This is the same thing as her deal. You are claiming your post was okay because you totally saw through the gambit and knew I was scummy for it but only mention that later. If I was pully a scummy gambit that you saw through, you would have reacted earlier.

All of this nonsense is just posts after the fact trying to justify it.

No no no, you're misinterpreting my posts either intentionally or through ignorance. I didn't think your gambit was good but had initially assumed you to be town as only a great idiot would try to claim a power role on day one in a small game with only 1-2 power roles. Once you unclaimed I recognized that the only person who could claim such a power role is either 1) the actual Oracle or 2) scum where they knew there wasn't an Oracle to counter-claim; this makes you scum! Your weak-rear end defense of "scum may decide to not communicate in this game because of the color mechanic" is just ludicrous and exactly what a scum team would say.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CCKeane posted:

As far as the tears related to me fake claiming oracle, orcale only affects the color breakdown, and has little effect on actual scum hunting.

This is actually a point in my favor. Because the oracle is tied to the color mechanic there's no risk for the *real* Oracle counter-claiming! The only person who'd safely fakeclaim is a scumteam who knows the real Oracle doesn't exist.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

No no no, you're misinterpreting my posts either intentionally or through ignorance. I didn't think your gambit was good but had initially assumed you to be town as only a great idiot would try to claim a power role on day one in a small game with only 1-2 power roles. Once you unclaimed I recognized that the only person who could claim such a power role is either 1) the actual Oracle or 2) scum where they knew there wasn't an Oracle to counter-claim; this makes you scum! Your weak-rear end defense of "scum may decide to not communicate in this game because of the color mechanic" is just ludicrous and exactly what a scum team would say.

Scum wouldn't claim color to each other, no.

So you thought I was town and still made a post that would not benefit town in any way, is what you are saying?

Because CPig handled it differently and reasonably and in a way I would expect someone interested in voting scum would do.

You did not, nor did you even attempt to close the discussion because you didn't think it would work.

Also boo hoo I fake claimed a role that doesn't have anything to do with finding scum (none of the power roles do).

It's Kleedrac/PM, SHIP IT.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

This is actually a point in my favor. Because the oracle is tied to the color mechanic there's no risk for the *real* Oracle counter-claiming! The only person who'd safely fakeclaim is a scumteam who knows the real Oracle doesn't exist.

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CCKeane posted:

Scum wouldn't claim color to each other, no.

So you thought I was town and still made a post that would not benefit town in any way, is what you are saying?

Because CPig handled it differently and reasonably and in a way I would expect someone interested in voting scum would do.

You did not, nor did you even attempt to close the discussion because you didn't think it would work.

Also boo hoo I fake claimed a role that doesn't have anything to do with finding scum (none of the power roles do).

It's Kleedrac/PM, SHIP IT.

Ugh your excuse is weak as poo poo - this is a 7 player game with 2 scum - why the gently caress wouldn't they try to win as a scumteam?! If they can lynch town once that puts us at lylo! The idea that the scumteam is mistrusting each other about color is dumb.

• Locked thread