Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You guys are confirming that scum would be completely truthful to each other.

Which, if I have an alternate win condition outside of being scum, I wouldn't be.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

Im sure there are people who are just as likely to color claim to their scum partner to figure the setup out?

If I was scum in this setup I'd color claim to my scum buds and do exactly what keane did.

You're trusting scum with an alternate victory condition to be truthful. I wouldn't.

Scum don't even get an advantage in figuring the setup out, after all. The game is solvable for each individual after two deaths, and the entire game after three.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

True but its all speculation and isnt that helpful , that was my point.

The simplest way around it would be for everyone to post their 'solved' setup on Day 2.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

I can see that, based on flips and our own roles and colors we should probably have a pretty good guess as to what setup we are in tomorrow.

Actually, scratch that. Barring an Oracle flip, I have a better idea.

Everyone discloses the one setup it can't be.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

The only people who would know what setup it isn't are scum and PRs. The fact that you didn't recognize that makes me think that you do have an idea of what set-up it isn't.

##vote MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

Because you're scum.

You're an idiot.

Exhibit A

Configuration A: Ruled out publicly by two Red Town flips OR Red Cop flip OR Blue Scum flip.

Configuration B: Ruled out publicly by two Blue Town flips OR Blue Cop flip OR Red Scum flip.

Configuration C: Ruled out publicly by two Red Town flips OR Blue Cop flip.

Configuration D: Ruled out publicly by two Blue Town flips OR Blue Cop flip.

Exhibit B

All games are solvable to at least one role with no more than two deaths.

Therefore, public knowledge will rule out one game type on Day 2. The remainder of the roles can then be determined by what people say the game isn't.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Addendum: No public information is gained from opposite townspeople dying. I forgot to mention that bit.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Nah, it doesn't require all of the vanilla townspeople to claim.

I am leaving "what roles could disavow what setup" entirely as an exercise for the reader, however.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Missed the bit about Oracles and their flip.

Either way, we haven't had one claim and it's not as if there's any danger.

I'm more amused at PM's insinuation that trying to solve the game is a scum thing to do.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't think you're trying to solve the game, I think you're trying to mislead people into claiming, either for a scum or color victory.

So claim your color.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote Poison Mushroom

I didn't ask for your role, genius.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I asked for a color. He gave me color and role, likely in an attempt to seem more personable and reasonable to the rest of the game. Sort of like Billy Mays, minus the cocaine and yelling.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Calling it now, Kleedrac is Blue.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote Kleedrac

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Hey pig, what color are you?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Science, what color are you?