Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Liquid Communism posted:

If Sunday goes as it looks like it will, he might as well retire, because he'll never have the credibility to be considered even upper midcard. Go rewatch the bit where he turned on the Wyatts. That kind of intensity would be laughable out of what his character's become, because it clearly doesn't matter to him or anyone else if he loses.

The best case scenario for Bryan is that he becomes the new Bret Hart. He keeps doing his thing and remains over while everything crumbles around him, causing him to become champ again out of necessity. Even the imminent IC title reign is kind of like how they tried to make it up to Bret by having him win King of the Ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Shine posted:

Compare this to the Rock/Austin confrontation before Wrestlemania 17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhd2fZyDB4&t=2m22s

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ie7p_the-final-encounter-the-rock-austin_sport

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Liquid Communism posted:

It never ceases to piss me off that they have neutered Daniel Bryan so badly. I mean, he comes back after being stripped of the title and doesn't even ask for a title rematch. Think about that for a second. Picture Cena doing that. Or Edge. Or literally any other main eventer.
He absolutely did, it's why he got the Fastlane match.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CapnAndy posted:

He absolutely did, it's why he got the Fastlane match.

Which wasn't anything like a title shot and you know it. It was barely a #1 contender shot.

I mean, I know it was inevitable because Brock doesn't work for less than $potato, but still.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Gavok posted:

The best case scenario for Bryan is that he becomes the new Bret Hart. He keeps doing his thing and remains over while everything crumbles around him, causing him to become champ again out of necessity. Even the imminent IC title reign is kind of like how they tried to make it up to Bret by having him win King of the Ring.

I knew there was a reason I felt a connection with Bryan after 15+ years of not having the same connection with a wrestler.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Shine posted:

You don't even need to go that high up the chain. Miz did more in the go-home for WrestleMania 27, and that match wasn't even about him.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Liquid Communism posted:

Which wasn't anything like a title shot and you know it. It was barely a #1 contender shot.

I mean, I know it was inevitable because Brock doesn't work for less than $potato, but still.
But he got it by specifically bringing up that he was owed a title rematch and asking for it, which is what you said he didn't do.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Shine posted:

Yeah, that's not really fair. Those two guys have more charisma and "it" factor in their pinky than Brock or Reigns ever will.

Don't get me wrong, Brock is an attraction in and of himself, and has a lot of drawing power but he's nothing when compared to Rock or Austin.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Maybe Brock will be on Smackdown

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Corporate Kane posted:

has anyone said what these two did after the camera cut? how did this get resolved?

Stephanie came out and shouted at them, and they both hung their heads and said,"Sorry mom :(" and shuffled awkwardly out of the ring as she glared at them.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Everybody needs to prepare themselves for the possibility of Mirror Universe Brock Lesnar showing up, switching places with our version of Brock, and shooting on Reigns this Sunday in Santa Clara.

It's also entirely possible that Mirror Reigns shows up, instead. Mirror Reigns could very well be one of the most polished, likeable performers of the last few years in his universe.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/565315/Scientists-at-Large-Hadron-Collider-hope-to-make-contact-with-PARALLEL-UNIVERSE-in-days

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
In the place of a big rant about how dumb WWE and their main event is, I'll just say that I don't like it very much at all.

Did they ever acknowledge Paul Stanley sitting behind the commentary booth? It seemed weird that they didn't mention him when they were showing other celebrities in the crowd.

NickRoweFillea posted:

the real question is where are they going to fit Roman's Nap Time in the main event

I thought the real question was whether or not Sting will commit the saddest of old man wrestler sins and wrestle in his t-shirt.

Also, this didn't get enough love in the last thread.

Writer Cath posted:

"The four year dream has come true for Roman Reigns!"

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Anime Curator posted:

Maybe Brock will be on Smackdown

he's not

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

He will. And in his right hand be holding chicken fries.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
If only that ending was like Wrestling Isn't Wrestling.

Just have Daniel Bryan come in and beat them both.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I have to go to WrestleMania, sitting in the nosebleed section. There is no way I'm going to enjoy this, unless Brock decides to put himself into every match, and win and leave with every title.

Does Levi Stadium serve hard liquor?

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Jeez, WrestleMania seems like it's gonna suck. Glad I stopped watching after Fast Lane. Might not even watch live this year.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Lesnar drags Vince out into the ring and shoot fights him until he agrees to retire if we're fantasy booking.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SoggyBobcat posted:

Jeez, WrestleMania seems like it's gonna suck. Glad I stopped watching after Fast Lane. Might not even watch live this year.

Okay cool. Glad to see you have other plans.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I don't want Curtis Axel to go away again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NutritiousSnack posted:

until he agrees to retire

So Wrestlemania 31 never, ever, ever ends? :stare:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Anime Curator posted:

I don't want Curtis Axel to go away again.

I want him and Ryback to kiss and make up

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Perry Normal posted:

Did they ever acknowledge Paul Stanley sitting behind the commentary booth? It seemed weird that they didn't mention him when they were showing other celebrities in the crowd.

No. Paul Stanley is old.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Memento posted:

No. Paul Stanley is old.

WWE didn't want to mention him because they're trying to trademark the KISS make-up because Bullet Club has been using it recently.

Source: Dave Meltzer.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Also, apropos of completely nothing, Snoop Dogg is loving emaciated.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I still expect Undertaker to interfere in some way in the title match. Undertaker's loss last year has been brought up so many times by Heyman that it's sounding like foreshadowing of retribution by UT. Then again, with the way the booking has been, probably nothing will happen with that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

I love how at the end Vince goes nuts and calls literally everyone from the back to break them up.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Viper_3000 posted:

Yeah, that's not really fair. Those two guys have more charisma and "it" factor in their pinky than Brock or Reigns ever will.

Don't get me wrong, Brock is an attraction in and of himself, and has a lot of drawing power but he's nothing when compared to Rock or Austin.

I was referring less to the star power and more to how one pair tried to kill each other, and the other played tug-of-war like two giant infants.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I'm rooting for Triple H, cause having facial hair when your face is painted looks stupid as gently caress. Also, Sting should have remained silent, at least until this feud was done with.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Rhonne posted:

I love how at the end Vince goes nuts and calls literally everyone from the back to break them up.

It always saddens me to see how good WWE can be while they're in the middle of their frequent doldrums.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
So I decided to buy into the WWE network for Wrestlemania after not really paying attention to wrestling since 99/00. My friend and I are kind of excited to sit around, get drunk, and play No Mercy on the N64 before Wrestlemania, but even after not watching wrestling in forever after binge watching a bunch of stuff over the last couple of weeks I can't help but feel the card kind of writes itself as far as winners goes. Hopefully we'll be too drunk to care, or perhaps a miracle will happen and there will be some upsets. I guess I'm just disappointed with how the WWE still refuses to push people despite what the fans react to, and how the product has seemingly deteriorated without any kind of competition.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Yechezkel posted:

I still expect Undertaker to interfere in some way in the title match. Undertaker's loss last year has been brought up so many times by Heyman that it's sounding like foreshadowing of retribution by UT. Then again, with the way the booking has been, probably nothing will happen with that.

WWE have already gotten a crowd to boo The Rock this year, might as well go all the way and get Undertaker booed too.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am sort of disappointed that the Undertaker decided to no show in his match against Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania 31. We had plenty of Undertaker moments last year with Brock Lesnar and it obviously led to him losing and thus ending the streak. All that build up between Brock, and Taker, and then of all people Brock killing his legacy. For the Wyatt/Taker match I just don't seem totally invested in the match. What are the gains? These two people facing off in the squared circle have never interacted with each other. I guess Wyatt wants to take up the mantle as the true evil of WWE, but I have never thought as Undertaker as a true evil. SUre he is dark, mysterious, and supernatural, but I've never seen him as true evil (American badass doesn't help either). It just feels like this match is being forced on the fans because they obviously need an Undertaker match, and I guess Bray Wyatt fits the bill. My problem with that is that Wyatt has been the only active player in this match. I don't even know if Undertaker is even set for this match. You have one player promoting that he will becomes his opponent's essence, but you hear nothing from the opponent; just sound bites and cheap special effects. WWE is being really weird now because you see two matches are being promoted by opponents that hardly show up to the events (Taker and Lesnar). It's come down to Taker only showing up to Mania, and Lesnar only showing up what his contract says. It's funny that the build up to these matches have been mostly negative because people like Reigns, and Wyatt have been ostracized. Sad, but True.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
This is a spectacularly bad card to buy back in on. Not every year can be a 1987, or '96, or '98. You're still gonna be disappointed, but it'll get good again at some point.

Then it'll get really poo poo again.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I still can't believe this has been the build to the main event title match of the biggest show of the year:

Pre-taped segment: "Grr. Rarg. Mean faces."
Ring promo: "You can't win."
Pre-taped segment: "Yes I can."
(loses to Big Show)
Ring promo: "Nuh-uh."
Pre-taped segment: "Yeah-huh."
Ring promo: (literal tug of war over the belt)

Add in several instances of HEY THIS GUY IS COOL AND GOOD AND YOU SHOULD LIKE HIM SO PLEASE LIKE HIM.

It's utterly baffling that this was their plan.

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners

The little smile at the end was a nice touch.

Also I am so loving glad I turned Raw off when I did, seeing the belt tug of war would killed any hype I have of seeing that match at all

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I wonder if that belt tug of war was more or less depressing than the last time they did it with Ryback, Cena, and a dejected looking CM Punk.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Delsaber posted:

I wonder if that belt tug of war was more or less depressing than the last time they did it with Ryback, Cena, and a dejected looking CM Punk.

Lesnar is the undisputed WWE champion. Why is Roman trying to grab a belt that doesn't belong to him?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Carver Crisis posted:

I'm rooting for Triple H, cause having facial hair when your face is painted looks stupid as gently caress.
Wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Carver Crisis posted:

I'm rooting for Triple H, cause having facial hair when your face is painted looks stupid as gently caress. Also, Sting should have remained silent, at least until this feud was done with.

triple h is also down to eat rear end go triple h!

• Locked thread