Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That streak from the rumble to whatever the last evolution vs shield match was my favorite era of triple h and stephanie's careers. Everything they did was so evil and great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFhJNfLKG2A

4:28 is fun part

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
"The Big Dog"

WWE can't stop Try Harding to get Roman over in vain.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I can't believe the Divas match got more time than a couple of the mens matches combined.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I wonder if the worst moment in Bryan/HHH had more heat than the best moment in Reigns/Lesnar

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Lowtax posted:

I wonder if the worst moment in Bryan/HHH had more heat than the best moment in Reigns/Lesnar

The best moments had Heyman giving rousing speeches and the worst moments of the former had Batista and Orton having weird passive aggressive jabs at each other.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Even Brock is taken aback by how hard Heyman is pushing this match.

Then Reigns comes out like a wet fart.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I didn't see the last hour of Raw and now I really wish I had.

What the gently caress, WWE.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

As a fan of consumer disasters I am really looking forward to Wrestlemania. My prediction is a Roman win over Brock, a fast one because neither can carry each other too long. And then Reigns again over a cashing-in Rollins in a nearly as long match where Rollins and the rest of the authority eat superman punches until people finally start to cheer in that Show Show Bob steps on a rake way where Vince's unrelenting fortitude in forced-face booking slips the surly bonds of reality and transcends into surreality.

Should be a good show for all the wrong reasons.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/BMAWquZ.gif&v=2NOdkMRniig&s=15

My new favorite thing in the world.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I presume they were trying to recreate the "Cena raises belt, gets mild cheers, Punk raises belt, roof blows off" moment and it backfired horribly

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

lol

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Four of the main event matches are crazy predicable this year which also hurts the card

Sting because why bring him in to lose?
Cena because it's wrestlemania and USA
Reigns because Vince damnit
Undertaker because Brock/reigns video package playing two matches later

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So like... Sting vs. Triple H is going on last, right?

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Fat Lowtax posted:

Yes, of course. At no point did Daniel Bryan come down to a chorus of boos while Trips got a mild pop

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Gavok posted:

So like... Sting vs. Triple H is going on last, right?

I'd be okay with Cena vs Rusev going on last.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Four of the main event matches are crazy predicable this year which also hurts the card

You don't think that Hunter would bring in a legend to put himself over?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hope something happens that leads to Bryan, Dolph, and Dean all not winning the IC title match. gently caress it, have Cesaro lose the tag belts to an injured Uso and Kane wins the Andre Battle Royale. I want to see what 4 hours of spite looks like.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

You don't think that Hunter would bring in a legend to put himself over?

No. What is the last match hunter has won?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

HHH because am I loving going over
Rusev because he needs it way more
Brock - if he re-signs/Reigns isn't over enough
Bray because losing would destroy him

I think your picks are more likely but I don't think any match is set in stone.

Okay Reigns is.

Edit: HHH's last win was a victory over Brock 2 years ago at Mania to set up an Extreme Rules match. A match he should not have won

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

The best moments had Heyman giving rousing speeches and the worst moments of the former had Batista and Orton having weird passive aggressive jabs at each other.

I actually enjoyed that part.

"We wound up here because as WWE champion you're a failure!"
"No, we wound up here because as a returning hero, you suck!"

:shobon:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

randy and batista were also consistently excellent last year

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Think about how weird it is that this (as far as I can remember) is the only physical altercation your Wrestlemania main eventers have had, and it was that bullshit. HHH and Sting have mixed it up more than these two. How did they not at least book this segment to end in a couple minute brawl after that little push and shove and then security breaks it up? Your two main guys haven't fought at all, or even shown that they want to fight. As soon as Brock went back in for the belt, they should have had Roman throwing punches and Brock firing back. But it's all so passive.

That little tug of war is something you do when you're like three weeks out. They should be out for blood on the go-home show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I assume the Undertaker is winning but that last one isn't really a problem. Heyman cuts a prematch promo about how Brock broke the Undertaker, which combined with an old and frail looking Undertaker makes it look very true.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Orgophlax posted:

They either need to throw infinite money at Lesnar so that he stays and retains, or have Rollins cash in so that Reigns doesn't get completely blown out of the building the next night on RAW.
I can't really see it going down any other way than Rollins cashing in. Maybe giving WWE too much credit, but I think Rollins barely being on the show tonight and being downplayed a bit lately is to actually make it a bit of surprise for people when he cashes in.

Granted, this is what I want to happen, so I'm fantasy booking too. But it's gotta happen sometime relatively soon.

Anyways, I enjoyed Raw overall, but man oh man that ending was mind-boggling.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

My main fear for Mania was that they'd do just enough to make the main event barely acceptable. At least I know now that it's going to be completely awful.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

It makes sense that they cut the feed early because it wasn't the reaction they wanted

BigDanRTW
Aug 24, 2003
Here's my poor attempt at the tickle me elmo photoshop someone was talking about on page 1: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CA11BGGUYAAStHZ.jpg:large

Also, I have a new dream scenario: Reigns wins on Sunday, Rollins comes into cash, Ref bump spot, Triple H comes out and Pedigrees Rollins, Reigns spears Rollins and pins him and joins the Authority, Rollins becomes a face.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
How long until Vince gives up on Roman? Someone please start a 'where will they be in six months' poll about Roman.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

remember last year when Daniel bryan beat up triple h on the go home show

me neither

It never ceases to piss me off that they have neutered Daniel Bryan so badly. I mean, he comes back after being stripped of the title and doesn't even ask for a title rematch. Think about that for a second. Picture Cena doing that. Or Edge. Or literally any other main eventer.

If Sunday goes as it looks like it will, he might as well retire, because he'll never have the credibility to be considered even upper midcard. Go rewatch the bit where he turned on the Wyatts. That kind of intensity would be laughable out of what his character's become, because it clearly doesn't matter to him or anyone else if he loses.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

has anyone said what these two did after the camera cut? how did this get resolved?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

mkay0 posted:

How long until Vince gives up on Roman? Someone please start a 'where will they be in six months' poll about Roman.

he's going to be in that randy orton role of 'always around, never as over as they wish he was' for the next 10 years, sorry

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

mkay0 posted:

At this point I think he's just going to get deeper and deeper into sunk cost fallacy and dig his heels in further until he's dragged kicking and screaming out of titan towers.

Plus HHH is behind him because he's got a good body and nice hair and if he had won the 1996 King of the Ring then he would have gotten the Austin push that was rightfully his.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Corporate Kane posted:

has anyone said what these two did after the camera cut? how did this get resolved?

They're still standing in the middle of the ring tugging at the belt.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

R-Truth put the belt and both of the wrestlers into his burlap sack.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

KungFu Grip posted:

There are let's go Lesnar chants and cheers for Brock as he raises the belt above Roman's head. Roman rips the belt out of Brock's hands and gets booed out of the building.

Good.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

oh well like three weeks before mania triple h killed dbry and tried to drown him and stuff and then triple h gloated and Daniel wasnt on raw til the very end of the go home where he came outta nowhere and beat the poo poo out of triple h and it was really great

E: this right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLfBB82iz6c
Also remember how it was wholly plausible that HHH would bury Bryan and insert himself into the main event instead, or maybe they'd let him get that far and hope the crowd would take that as good enough when Batista won? And how even though that moment was really awesome, it added fuel to the fire because Bryan closed out the go-home by kicking the Authority's rear end and standing tall, why would they do that if he was gonna kick the Authority's rear end and stand tall on Sunday?

Remember when we didn't know how Wrestlemania was going to end two months ahead of time?

That was great :smith:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Compare this to the Rock/Austin confrontation before Wrestlemania 17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhd2fZyDB4&t=2m22s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

BigDanRTW posted:

Here's my poor attempt at the tickle me elmo photoshop someone was talking about on page 1: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CA11BGGUYAAStHZ.jpg:large

Also, I have a new dream scenario: Reigns wins on Sunday, Rollins comes into cash, Ref bump spot, Triple H comes out and Pedigrees Rollins, Reigns spears Rollins and pins him and joins the Authority, Rollins becomes a face.

I'd prefer Lesnar just crush Reigns, scream for the next guy, and then there's a 30 minute Daniel Bryan match.

But now I'm just fantasy booking so that the first (and likely only) WrestleMania I get to attend doesn't wind up with all the appeal of a wet fart.

• Locked thread