Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

:eyepop: stealin tihs

hail satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Based on the thread it looks like the Everquest servers have a fun goon presence.

Eve is really the only game I recommend to people because if you get in with goons, most of your poo poo is provided for you within reason and they just yell at you to train sensibly and have fun doing some ops once in a while. MMOs are naturally slow to progress so if you just hunker down and stay in it for the long haul you'll probably find out why it's still considered a cool place to hang out.

I'm tempted to do the 1999 incarnation of EQ just because I have a masochistic desire to torture myself through hell levels again.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

obviously ufc is top tier, op, but bellator has been making a lot of noise. i actually prefer some of the lower tier organizations like xfc and king of the cage because the contenders are less skilled on defense, so the fights can be more exciting with knockouts, submissions, and escapes, rather than a couple of bros jockeying for position to an eventual split decision that you commonly see in the top levels.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
volunteer, travel or start a kickstarter selling extra thin wallets that you 3d print.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

ff14 or gw2

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
lol yeh if youre a weeabo human being

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
whats the weird asian one where the goal is to rape womens?

ALL of them??? oh

AutoSnakes
Apr 29, 2009
https://www.planetside2.com/home

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Drfishback
Nov 5, 2009
There are no good MMO's,go outside and do something instead man. hth

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
all the MMOs.

11am-noon: Eve. noon-3pm, WoW. 3pm-9pm: Guildwars 2. 9pm-10pm: more Eve. 10pm-midnight, FFXIV. Midnight-6am, Planetside 2 and Warframe. 6am-11am: fitful broken sleep. rinse, repeat until you die

food must be eaten while playing, I suggest installing microwave and mini fridge within reach of your gaming rig. no getting up to poop, convert your computer chair to a commode.

Sunday is new game day where you pick whatever lovely pay to win Korean grindfest is flavour of the month and play it for 18 hours straight

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Fatkraken posted:

all the MMOs.

11am-noon: Eve. noon-3pm, WoW. 3pm-9pm: Guildwars 2. 9pm-10pm: more Eve. 10pm-midnight, FFXIV. Midnight-6am, Planetside 2 and Warframe. 6am-11am: fitful broken sleep. rinse, repeat until you die

food must be eaten while playing, I suggest installing microwave and mini fridge within reach of your gaming rig. no getting up to poop, convert your computer chair to a commode.

Also don't forget to track your achievements, and post them to all your Twitter Facebook etc.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
mario 64

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

Project Gorgon because you can be a pig, cow, spider, or werewolf.

mmohmo thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701175

i wanted to play this but i couldn't make the installer work so i gave up

SurfinArbiter
Jul 3, 2013

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh
Maplestory

Hah jk

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Anarchy Online. Seriously do it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
You have any friends to play with? A couple old buds and I are very slowly playing through vanilla wow 5 man content. We don't live in the same city anymore so its nice to hangout as a group on Skype a couple nights a week. It'd be a pretty fun way to play through a lot of old mmos I think.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
anyone who doesnt say wow is just kidding themselves and being counter-culture because it's by far the only game worth playing in that genre unless you're really into one of the niche things like star wars roleplay

but every time you bring up wow you get tons of nerds pretending its a drug because they have no self control

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'd rather hear about your friend and how eve ruined his life.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Tsinava posted:

guild wars 2

:agreed:

InterFaced posted:

The only thing I found appealing about Eve was the gigantic space battles that would pop up in the news every year or so. Where you know some Icelandic sperg is probably in tears over all the ISK lost.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Guild wars 2 is a nice mmo for people who hate grinding and busy work

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Firefall

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Definitely lift a weight actually

open container
Sep 16, 2008
excellent honeypot op :golfclap:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Go outside you butthead.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
World of Warcraft.
All the rest are full of weeaboos or furries.

Lysator
Mar 1, 2015
Most MMOs have free trials, I suggest trying out a few. I would suggest Old Republic and Rift first as they are F2P and actually decent.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

opus111 posted:

ok im bored of life... im comfortable and nothing much that is new happens any more. i want more experiences. i want to feel alive again. so, after much soul-searching and reading of ask,metafilter, ive decided to begin a new life on an mmo. but which one?

ps im not interested in eve, i saw that suck the life out of somebody first hand and all for reasons that were extremely gay.

all mmos are poo poo tier games for autistics that suck the life out of you for reasons that are extremely gay

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

final fantasy 14 is breezy and fun, I usually hate MMOs

however, my computer hard locks randomly while playing video games and I can't fix it no matter what I do :(

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i agree op. lets make a mmo guild for people who are reasonably well adjusted but still hate the gnawing emptyness of modern life to the point where they have to escape to a virtual world to cope

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ffxiv was extremely good, i should play it again

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Marvel Heroes. It's like IRC while you click your mouse.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Fonzarelli posted:

final fantasy 14 is breezy and fun, I usually hate MMOs

however, my computer hard locks randomly while playing video games and I can't fix it no matter what I do :(

Your gpu is busted or overheating

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Just learn quantum physics instead it's like the same level of time devotion and in the end you have something for your resume.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Frog Act posted:

ffxiv was extremely good, i should play it again

i cant play classic mmo style combat anymore after guild wars 2. i just want to swing s words and hit everything action style

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Spend 15 bucks a month and just idle in World of Warcraft

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

World of Warcraft, anyone who tells you different is a bozo. Why have an android phone when you can have an iphone, know what i mean. Think you do.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Archeage.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a good game, per se. It has a lot of potential and the people who played during the beta loved it, but the company running the english servers continually shits the bed leading to an amazing never ending stream of drama and tears.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

InterFaced posted:

her.

lmao.

i think you can guess how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

You have any friends to play with? A couple old buds and I are very slowly playing through vanilla wow 5 man content. We don't live in the same city anymore so its nice to hangout as a group on Skype a couple nights a week. It'd be a pretty fun way to play through a lot of old mmos I think.

lol none of my friends play games! keep up wth opus lore. im the nerd of the group

• Locked thread