Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Take that hitler

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

when i say "rip" i mean "rest in pieces" :twisted:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

that's what u get for trying to fly a bus in the air that's meant for the ground

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

it's gone, man

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
hosed up if true.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
our hearts go out to the victims of this crash

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

gary oldmans diary posted:

our hearts go out to the victims of this crash

mankind hasn't perfected flight?? SELL EVERYTIHNG

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
What does a CNN aviation analyst do the other 360 days of the year?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

rear end cobra posted:

What does a CNN aviation analyst do the other 360 days of the year?

pray for crashes duh

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bitcoiners knew

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

PARIS (AP) — French President Francois Hollande says no survivors are likely in the Alpine crash of a passenger jet carrying 148 people.

The Germanwings passenger jet crashed Tuesday in the French Alps region as it traveled from Barcelona to Dusseldorf, French officials.

Eric Ciotti, the head of the regional council, said search-and-rescue teams were headed to the crash site at Meolans-Revels.

The French newspaper La Provence, citing aviation officials, said the Airbus plane carried at least 142 passengers, two pilots and four flight attendants

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Can somebody overlay the stock price graph and bitcoin graph with these graphs?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
At the very least it wasn't in the ocean so they should find everything.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Powershift posted:

Can somebody overlay the stock price graph and bitcoin graph with these graphs?

Really consistent descent pattern, so looks the autopilot took it down to 6800 feet. Guess someone hosed up setting the autopilot correctly and the pilots were to busy having gay sex or what ever it is pilots do between takeoff and landing to notice.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I've used germanwings to Barcelona several times in the past, eurgh gently caress this.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to fly jets

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

hey lets keep cutting pilot salaries and working them to exhaustion. that's a cool and good idea for people who want to die on fire

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

ukle posted:

Really consistent descent pattern, so looks the autopilot took it down to 6800 feet. Guess someone hosed up setting the autopilot correctly and the pilots were to busy having gay sex or what ever it is pilots do between takeoff and landing to notice.

They've had traffic avoidance poo poo forever, why don't these things have ground avoidance radar

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
In one fell swoop Russia banned bitcoin, crashed the market price and an euronazi spy plane. Glory be to Putin.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

A misanthrope posted:

hey lets keep cutting pilot salaries and working them to exhaustion. that's a cool and good idea for people who want to die on fire

a literal race to the bottom of the sky

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

@AP: France's Interior Ministry says debris located in Alpine jet crash at 2,000 meters altitude.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
did they find the plane yet?

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

A misanthrope posted:

Better work to exhaustion because otherwise the boss will fire me

*200 people including myself die because I'm too much of a pussy*

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Plane was from 1999, if that matters (newspapers publishing updates about everything)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

This is just a taste. In the near future planes will fall from the sky like overripe fruit from a tree. People will build their homes out of burned and twisted aluminum. Our children will eat cereal from the skulls of Singapore Airlines business class passengers.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
edit: in fact never mind

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

A misanthrope posted:

This is just a taste. In the near future planes will fall from the sky like overripe fruit from a tree. People will build their homes out of burned and twisted aluminum. Our children will eat cereal from the skulls of Singapore Airlines business class passengers.

Nah just wait until nuclear-powered space-planes crash land on Moscow, and evaporate the whole city.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Zephro posted:

Ugh. Wonder if it was another iced-up sensor. One of those nearly caused a crash (also on a Lufthansa aircraft though that's probably a coincidence) back in November where the autopilot decided they were stalling and pointed the nose down, apparently the descent rate hit 4000 fpm at one point.

That Air Frane plane from Brasil years ago also had iced up sensor bullshit. WTF maybe figure it out already and/or stop cutting costs.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

midnightclimax posted:

Nah just wait until nuclear-powered space-planes crash land on Moscow, and evaporate the whole city.

:rock:

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

midnightclimax posted:

That Air Frane plane from Brasil years ago also had iced up sensor bullshit. WTF maybe figure it out already and/or stop cutting costs.

Engineers aren't as smart as they think they are?

The free market fails yet again?

Color me surprised.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Wow.

Not really a great 12 months for aviation really is it?

They should put a positive spin on this by highlighting that he plane was in fact full of Frenchmen and thus it's not a big a deal as it first seems. 148 real people dead is an awful tragedy but 148 French people dead is a bit of of a downer.

This is just payback for Napoleon imo.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Engineers aren't as smart as they think they are?

I wonder if Engineers ever lose sleep over all the people they've killed

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Kitchner posted:

Wow.

Not really a great 12 months for aviation really is it?

They should put a positive spin on this by highlighting that he plane was in fact full of Frenchmen and thus it's not a big a deal as it first seems. 148 real people dead is an awful tragedy but 148 French people dead is a bit of of a downer.

This is just payback for Napoleon imo.

Probably mostly germans

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
AIrbuses kinda freak me out with their fly by wire and different flight modes nonsense. If you mistakenly have the computer in the wrong setting or a sensor acts up it can force you into a hairy situation which often causes a crash.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

WATCH HOLLANDE START A loving WAR

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

AIrbuses kinda freak me out with their fly by wire and different flight modes nonsense. If you mistakenly have the computer in the wrong setting or a sensor acts up it can force you into a hairy situation which often causes a crash.

It's because they're french and they have to show us just how smart they all are, so yeah fly-by-wire and unlinked controls

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Maybe the russians are in the alps already? gently caress me.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I bet ISIS claims responsibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Someone you know was on that plane.

• Locked thread