Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you watching Mania Weekend?
I don't watch wrestling, idiot.
Wrestlemania only
Couple of iPPVs
I will watch every loving thing
I'll probably watch people play video games
View Results

• Locked thread
Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
WWE isn't the only game in town during WrestleMania week. WWN is going to be streaming a poo poo ton of pro wrestling from Thursday through Saturday, and you can rest assured any show you pony up the :10bux: for is gonna be worth it. HERE ARE THE CARDS.

EVOLVE 39 – THURSDAY, MARCH 26TH, 11 PM EST

quote:

EVOLVE Championship Match
Drew Galloway defends vs. PJ Black (Justin Gabriel)

DGUSA Open The Freedom Gate Championship Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. AR Fox

A Wrestling Odyssey Rematch
Timothy Thatcher vs. Drew Gulak

Special Tag Team Attraction
Ricochet, Rich Swann & Uhaa Nation vs. The Premier Athlete Brand of Caleb Konley, TJ Perkins & Brian Cage with So Cal Val

Pro Wrestling Clinic
Biff Busick vs. Tommy End

Special Attraction Match
Chris Hero vs. Ethan Page

HOW TO BUY: WWNLive, $10 before 3/26, $15 on 3/26. VOD extra.

Why do you want this show? Brian Cage is there and he is huge as gently caress. Busick vs End and Thatcher vs Gulak are going to rule. Maybe you want to see how Gabriel is doing after leaving WWE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVOLVE 40 – FRIDAY, MARCH 27TH, 6 PM EST

quote:

First Time Ever Dream Match
Ricochet vs. PJ Black

Bonus Main Event - Non-Title
EVOLVE Champion Drew Galloway vs. Uhaa Nation

Grudge Tag Team Match
DGUSA Champion Johnny Gargano & Rich Swann vs. The Premier Athlete Brand of Caleb Konley & Brian Cage with So Cal Val

Special Challenge Match #1
Chris Hero vs. Biff Busick

Special Challenge Match #2
Timothy Thatcher vs. Tommy End

Special Attraction Match
AR Fox vs. Ethan Page

Pro Wrestling Clinic
Drew Gulak vs. TJ Perkins with So Cal Val

HOW TO BUY: WWNLive, $10 before 3/27, $15 on 3/27. VOD extra.

Why do you want this show? Thatcher vs End, Hero vs Busick, Brian Cage is massive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:siren: NOT BEING SHOWN LIVE :siren:

RING OF HONOR SUPERCARD OF HONOR IX – FRIDAY, MARCH 27TH, 11 PM EST

quote:

ROH World Championship Match
Jay Briscoe (c) vs. Samoa Joe

ROH World Television Championship Match
Jay Lethal (c) vs. Jushin “Thunder” Liger

ROH Tag Team Championship Match
reDRagon (c) vs. The Kingdom (Matt Taven and Michael Bennett)

Jimmy Jacobs vs. BJ Whitmer

“The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels vs. Roderick Strong

Michael Elgin vs. Frankie Kazarian

SIGNED TO APPEAR
Mark Briscoe
Matt Sydal
ACH

HOW TO BUY: This event will not be live but will be released on VOD about a week after the event.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KING OF INDIES, NIGHT ONE – FRIDAY, MARCH 27TH, 2015, 11 PM EST

quote:

First Round Tournament Matches:

B-Boy vs. Brian Cage

Jeff Cobb vs. Rik Luxury

Rey Horus vs. Lil Cholo

Jody Kristofferson vs. Willie Mack

Jeckles vs. Luster the Legend

Adam Thornstowe vs. Shaun Ricker

Vincenzo Massaro vs. El Mariachi

Dylan Drake vs. Timothy Thatcher

Special Attraction Match
Ricochet vs. Matt Cross vs. Joey Ryan

Plus a Huge 20 Man Battle Royal!

HOW TO BUY: WWNLive, $10 before 3/27, $15 on 3/27.

Why do you want this show? A lot of these dudes are completely unknown to me, so there's a curiosity there. Tournaments are fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KAIJU BIG BATTEL JOURNEY TO THE WEST COAST – 11:55 PM PST FRIDAY, MARCH 27TH (2:55 AM EST SATURDAY, MARCH 28TH)

quote:

Part spiritual pilgrimage, part historical epic, Kaiju Big Battel Journey to the West coast, is the story of the adventures of American Beetle and his encounters with a bizarre cast of characters as he travels west with the Kaiju Heros: Sun Buster, Dusto Bunny and French Toast.

This is a world plagued by city crushing monsters, who cause its human inhabitants unspeakable suffering. American Beetle fearlessly guided by his belief in “giving himself for the American cause,” risks his all to conquer a space demon, a monkey demon and the demon of all demons, Dr Cube. Join the four of them as they embark on a journey to the West coast that’s full of challenges in their search for one of the seven sacred keys. Much more than a picaresque wrestling novelty, Kaiju is a profound allegory of the struggle that must occur, Good vs Evil, Life vs Death.

Will San Jose be crushed flat? Will the Kaiju Heros make it home in one peice? Will they finally reach the Western shores and bring back one of the seven keys? Be there on March 27th in San Jose, CA and find out!

HOW TO BUY: WWNLive, $10 before 3/27, $15 on 3/27.

Why do you want this show? Wacky.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHIMMER 71: THE CHICKFIGHT TOURNAMENT – MARCH 28TH, 3 PM EST

quote:

The ChickFight Tournament at SHIMMER 71 will be a one day, twelve woman, single elimination tournament! The winner will receive a SHIMMER Championship match in the future. The tournament will be held under the same format as the Volcano Girls event of ten years ago, with three brackets. There will be six first round matches, three second round matches, and a three-way elimination final match to determine the tournament winner.

The twelve tournament competitors have been announced for participation:

Cheerleader Melissa
Candice LeRae
Mia Yim
"The Wrestling Goddess" Athena
Kimber Lee
"Best in the Galaxy" Nikki Storm
Nicole Savoy
Cherry Bomb
Jessicka Havok
Portia Perez
Evie
Kay Lee Ray

Plus, in non-tournament action, a SHIMMER Championship match will also be featured as part of SHIMMER 71!

HOW TO BUY: WWNLive, $15.

Why do you want this show? Shimmer is good as hell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWN SUPERSHOW MERCURY RISING 2015, SATURDAY MARCH 28TH, 7 PM EST

quote:

Champion vs. Champion (if both retain their titles at EVOLVE 39)
EVOLVE Champion Drew Galloway vs. DGUSA Champion Johnny Gargano

Generation Next vs. The New Generation
Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Ricochet & Uhaa Nation

Dareworlf vs. Daredevil
PJ Black vs. AR Fox

Grudge Match
Chris Hero vs. Timothy Thatcher

SHINE Presents Six Woman Tag Team Match
SHINE Champion Mia Yim & SHINE Tag Team Champions Kimber Lee & Cherry Bomb vs.
Nikki Storm & The Canadian Ninjas of SHIMMER Champion Nicole Matthews & Portia Perez

Four Way FRAY!
Biff Busick vs. Drew Gulak vs. TJ Perkins vs. Tommy End

Plus more with Rich Swann, Ethan Page and Premier Athlete Brand members Caleb Konley and Brian Cage with So Cal Val

HOW TO BUY: WWNLive, $10 before 3/28, $15 on 3/28.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KING OF INDIES, NIGHT TWO – SATURDAY, MARCH 28TH, 11 PM EST

quote:

The legendary California wrestling tournament that that kicked off the independent wrestling boom period and introduced stars like American Dragon Bryan Danielson, Low-Ki, Brian Kendrick, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Frankie Kazarian to the world in 2001, returns! It's going down March 27th and 28th (Wrestlemania Weekend) in San Jose, CA as part of the WWN LIVE EXPERIENCE at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds and will be broadcast live on Internet Pay Per View via WWNLIVE.COM A new generation of stars showcases in the shadow of the showcase of the immortals!

Second Round, Semi Final & Final Tournament Matches

Special Attraction Match
Ultimo Dragon vs. Juventud Guerrera

HOW TO BUY: WWNLive, $10 before 3/28, $15 on 3/28.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoodslam is also running things I think, but I don’t know if they ever release shows or whatever.

On top of all this fun, you're pretty much guaranteed that people in psp-tv.com are going to be showing wrestling constantly. You can feel free to bump this thread if you start up a stream, get schedules going, whatever. If you know of any other iPPV offerings, please let me know, and I'll add it to the thread.

Thanks to Bard Maddox for literally writing 99% of this up but letting me post it.

Strenuous Manflurry fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
ROH isn't doing anything this year?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Wow, it's really nice of all these indie groups to put on a wrestling show on Wrestlemania weekend so people finally have something good to watch.

Kinda sad to see ROH isn't live though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If I'm only going to buy one Evolve, which one should I buy?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

For :10bux: I'll buy that Saturday Mercury Rising show. It's cheap, I like to support one indie show that weekend, and it's probably our last chance to see Uhaa and Ricochet team up. I've actually never bought one of Gabe's shows before or seen one complete.

I might've checked out the Shimmer card as well since I recognize some of the names and they actually have an accessible format for once, but I'm at work until 4.

TL posted:

ROH isn't doing anything this year?

ROH is doing their Supercard of Honor show headlined by Jay Briscoe vs Joe and Liger vs. Lethal, but it's not being streamed live.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

If I'm only going to buy one Evolve, which one should I buy?

I would say 40, but that's just me

and the Mercury Rising card is more complete now

quote:

Champion vs. Champion (if both retain their titles at EVOLVE 39)
EVOLVE Champion Drew Galloway vs. DGUSA Champion Johnny Gargano

Generation Next vs. The New Generation
Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Ricochet & Uhaa Nation

Dareworlf vs. Daredevil
PJ Black vs. AR Fox

Grudge Match
Chris Hero vs. Timothy Thatcher

SHINE Presents Six Woman Tag Team Match
SHINE Champion Mia Yim & SHINE Tag Team Champions Kimber Lee & Cherry Bomb vs.
Nikki Storm & The Canadian Ninjas of SHIMMER Champion Nicole Matthews & Portia Perez

Four Way FRAY!
Biff Busick vs. Drew Gulak vs. TJ Perkins vs. Tommy End

Plus more with Rich Swann, Ethan Page and Premier Athlete Brand members Caleb Konley and Brian Cage with So Cal Val

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

think im just going to get the evolve shows live and wait for feedback on shimmer and KOTI

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

think im just going to get the evolve shows live and wait for feedback on shimmer and KOTI

I am at least planning on watching everything other than Evolve 39 (because, like, I got work in the morning) and Kaiju. Shimmer will be real good. Watch it, Oatgan.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I am at least planning on watching everything other than Evolve 39 (because, like, I got work in the morning) and Kaiju. Shimmer will be real good. Watch it, Oatgan.

Shimmer will probably he good but I'm not buying a show without an announced card

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

Shimmer will probably he good but I'm not buying a show without an announced card

Well I guess they announced Evie and Kay Lee Ray as the final two, so there's your 12 tourney members. I guess now they can make a bracket. Does that make you happy, oat?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
SHIMMER is a really interesting show as legitimately you have the best of North American Women’s wrestling and a few fly ins. Much better than the last two Mania SHIMMER shows. There’s no consensus at all on the winner that I can see. Given the location and it paying tribute to Chickfight I’d imagine either Candice or Cheerleader Melissa will be in the finals kind of like Timothy Thatcher winning the King of the Indies. Originally picked Candice to win as she is over with indie fans in general attending the show but she is much better at wrestling men than women and not sure about her being able to wrestle three matches. I think now that it will be either Athena or Kay Lee Ray will win it as it sets up a hot babyface challenger for Matthews. KLR doing well this weekend will make me happy. Just hope Prazak can book and time out a decent tournament show as SHINE’s have been utter poo poo.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ugg the thursday show starts at such an akward time but ill probably still watch it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hoodslam is also running things I think, but I don’t know if they ever release shows or whatever.

They're doing shows Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at the Oakland Metro but they don't do live iPPV they'll probably do DVD/VoD releases later.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thank you for this OP, all these shows gonna be better than Mania :getin:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't know Gabriel was released. Night two of evolve looks good.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

is anybody watching EVOLVE tonight

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

oatgan posted:

Yup. Hyped and diaped.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

I'm walking to the fairgrounds from dinner right now. Gonna skip tomorrow because I need to like, clean my apartment and poo poo before I move.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

10pm wrestling!?!?!?! hmm I might

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm planning to but will inevitably fall asleep 15 minutes into the show when Escape Me is still playing

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
People are starting to accumulate as we get closer to bell time but this definitely isn't like PWG where there's 200+ people lining up 3 hours before they even start letting people in

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

I'm planning to but will inevitably fall asleep 15 minutes into the show when Escape Me is still playing

same

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the evolve shows sound really good but i'm probably gonna have to catch them after the fact, i have kind of a busy weekend

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the feed is live and it's not playing the half-hour tribute video to china and tiesto

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Shimmer will be real good. Watch it, Oatgan.
+1 on this. There's a lot of matchups that haven't been done yet I'm mega stoked for and nods to semi-ongoing feuds. I think the title match is probably going be Matthews and Kellie Skater. I don't know why they don't just loving announce it already.

rovert posted:

SHIMMER is a really interesting show as legitimately you have the best of North American Women’s wrestling and a few fly ins. Much better than the last two Mania SHIMMER shows. There’s no consensus at all on the winner that I can see. Given the location and it paying tribute to Chickfight I’d imagine either Candice or Cheerleader Melissa will be in the finals kind of like Timothy Thatcher winning the King of the Indies. Originally picked Candice to win as she is over with indie fans in general attending the show but she is much better at wrestling men than women and not sure about her being able to wrestle three matches. I think now that it will be either Athena or Kay Lee Ray will win it as it sets up a hot babyface challenger for Matthews. KLR doing well this weekend will make me happy. Just hope Prazak can book and time out a decent tournament show as SHINE’s have been utter poo poo.
Sal's been running SHINE into the ground, I'm glad he's only a camera man at best for SHIMMER.

Candice still doesn't have a win at SHIMMER yet, mostly due to "everyone knows who she is, so just have her put people over for a while." Athena tapped out Melissa clean at the last show, so I think she would already have a reasonable claim, but maybe this solidifies her as a permanent main eventer. KLR is a solid choice, Evie would also be a stellar choice.

My ideal final three is probably Havok/Evie/Candice. SHIMMER is pretty good at balancing the skill sets when they have 3-4 way matches. It'll be either Melissa/Havok for power, striking and catching the agility worker. Athena/Candice for said agility, high flying worker. Evie/KLR for upbeat babyface with speed and finesse.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

starting things right

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Tim Thatcher for BOLA 2015

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Really good show so far.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Galloway just smacked a fan on the head for heckling him during his intro, and it's the most I've liked him since he was released

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I knew Gabe wouldn't welch on unification

Good show overall, no really amazing matches but everything was at least pretty good and the six man tag was a lot of fun.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 27, 2015

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Evolve 39 was a very good show. Check out the VOD if you missed it live.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Evolve 39 was a very good show. Check out the VOD if you missed it live.

How big was Brian Cage?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

How big was Brian Cage?

He was big being big with Uhaa. It ruled.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

How big was Brian Cage?

Him and Uhaa performed stalling suplexes at the same time and talked trash to each other mid-move

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rich Swann's entrance is worth the purchase alone. That was amazing.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

these west coast start times suck

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

epitasis posted:

these west coast start times suck

Today's and Saturday's shows start way way earlier than last night's.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah but ill be commuting at 5pm

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
so if I'm doing the timezone math/magic correctly, 4PM start time is midnight central euro time? I doubt I'll be able to stay awake for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NAKAGAWA
https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/581554663562035200

• Locked thread