Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you watching Mania Weekend?
I don't watch wrestling, idiot.
Wrestlemania only
Couple of iPPVs
I will watch every loving thing
I'll probably watch people play video games
View Results

• Locked thread
ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Evolve 40 just getting started....and the stream has no sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it works now!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

epitasis posted:

these west coast start times suck

Me too, because it's 3 and I'm still at loving work.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Thank goodness. I think Skater is logically the next in line to hold the strap, so I don't want her getting a throwaway title match like Heidi is getting in two weeks.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i'm torn between wanting tim thatcher to win all his matches ever and tommy end to get some big wins and make waves

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

i'm torn between wanting tim thatcher to win all his matches ever and tommy end to get some big wins and make waves

He's gonna tear the house down with Hero in Reseda next week no matter who goes over, I could tell halfway through his match with Biff yesterday

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

match was dope

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Gulak with five seconds makes my day.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anybody gonna watch king of indies

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

epitasis posted:

debating it if only to see every timothy thatcher match ever.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

epitasis posted:

Yes I am!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

epitasis posted:

i'll get the vod if its real good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

johnny wrestling just doesn't get an entrance because all night long is way more over

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Well that finish made no god drat sense

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ch3cooh posted:

Well that finish made no god drat sense

i'm not complaining they took a match home early because someone was injured but uhhhhh what

Gargano is still fine and if the Premiere Athletes are winning anyway can't they just pin him and he's got a built in excuse for a rematch?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

oatgan posted:

i'm not complaining they took a match home early because someone was injured but uhhhhh what

Gargano is still fine and if the Premiere Athletes are winning anyway can't they just pin him and he's got a built in excuse for a rematch?

It was just weird timing with Konley tapping out and then being declared the winner

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ch3cooh posted:

It was just weird timing with Konley tapping out and then being declared the winner

oh i wasn't disagreeing with you. It was a bizarre sequence. Get Well Soon Swann

also hell yes AR Fox commentary

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Main event was fun. God drat did wwe waste pj black

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
SHIMMER announced the first round matchups for the ChickFight tournament. Listing in the order given in case this indicates brackets.

Evie v Portia Perez
Kay Lee Ray v Kimber Lee

Candice LaRae v Nicole Savoy
Mia Yim v Athena

Nikki Storm v Cherry Bomb
Cheerleader Melissa v Jessicka Havok

Interesting if they really paired similar skill set people in the same brackets. Havok/Mel will be a slugfest. Nikki/Bombs will be full of shenanigans. Candice/Savoy probably steals the show, with Kimber/KLR close behind. Evie would have to overcome the rematch curse with either of her second round opponents, as would Athena against Candice. I still like Evie/Athena/Havok being the finale.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!

Cory Lidle posted:

Cheerleader Melissa v Jessicka Havok

FINALLY.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm not really familiar with either Timothy Thatcher or Tommy End but their match sounded cool from how Dave described it.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Thauros posted:

I'm not really familiar with either Timothy Thatcher or Tommy End but their match sounded cool from how Dave described it.

It was really, really good. All grappling to start, then they started striking and going at it hard. Thatcher is the man.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Shimmer is starting in a bit. Hope it's good!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Man I intended to watch SHIMMER too but keep coming late to stuff.

anyway the best card of the weekend might be this next Evolve show which is officially in 2.5 hours so I'm not gonna forget and this thread is gonna be jumpin

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rest in peace candice larae

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

First one of these show's I wasn't busy for was the Kaiju Big Battel show last night, but the stream was hosed. I'm sure the Evolve show will be better run but gently caress it, I'm throwing in the VOD as well just in case.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

First one of these show's I wasn't busy for was the Kaiju Big Battel show last night, but the stream was hosed. I'm sure the Evolve show will be better run but gently caress it, I'm throwing in the VOD as well just in case.

i had one brief hiccup during EVOLVE 39 otherwise it ran great. I usually drop the extra $5 for VOD anyway though

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Athena vs Mia Yim was really good.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Athena vs Mia Yim was really good.
As was Savoy vs Evie. Good lord is Savoy beyond her years.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Savoy was a complete and utter revelation.

Tale of two shows. One effectively showcasing new talent and the other a bunch crap poorly executed distraction/roll up finishes. Enjoyable though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm so loving pissed I'm on a work trip this weekend. All I wanted to do was spend like $100 on iPPVs and be a big goon.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I think the woman at the ticket table hosed up, because I only paid the GA price but got a front row seat

They better play Dchinghis Khan for Uhaa/Ricochet's entrance or I'm gonna be pissed

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

I think the woman at the ticket table hosed up, because I only paid the GA price but got a front row seat

They better play Dchinghis Khan for Uhaa/Ricochet's entrance or I'm gonna be pissed

you're gonna get lionel richie

rovert posted:

Savoy was a complete and utter revelation.

Tale of two shows. One effectively showcasing new talent and the other a bunch crap poorly executed distraction/roll up finishes. Enjoyable though.
what the gently caress was up with the botched run-in during the main event? How do you mess that up. After that though, what a match. Very good show would recommend

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

YO ITS ABOUT THAT TIME. TO BRING FORTH. THE RHYTHM AND THE RHYME

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I hope Good Vibrations plays for 90 mins

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I bought the show!!!!!!!!!!!! Wrestling!!!!!!!!!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Bloodhound Gang now playing

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jam right here

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.