Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

you arent gonna sanction anyone into submission, look at north korea. war and occupation would be the only way to stop future development of nuclear technology in iran

If you knew how nuclear materials were processed you would realize that you can impede their development by proxy constantly sending them back to square 1.

America has done it before and it still continues to do it. It's just a matter of stopping Iran to build more sites once the previous site becomes compromised. It's a perfectly non-violent solution, you gently caress with their machines and the machines give out false readings causing the tech guys to sabotage their own equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you knew how nuclear materials were processed you would realize that you can impede their development by proxy constantly sending them back to square 1.

America has done it before and it still continues to do it. It's just a matter of stopping Iran to build more sites once the previous site becomes compromised.

Yeah we definitely stopped N. Korea and we're definitely on top of all the nuclear materials proliferation coming out of Eastern Europe (which incidentally is ruled almost entirely by organized crime syndicates).

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

TEAYCHES posted:

for real though whats the conservative solution to iran. get tougher on them, impose more sanctions, where does that lead other than a nuclear armed iran that is less prosperous and more hostile?

NUKE THE BASTARDS! gently caress dem sandnigs up

hoorah!

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

The Taint Reaper posted:

America has done it before and it still continues to do it. It's just a matter of stopping Iran to build more sites once the previous site becomes compromised.

this impediment is also kinda predicated on the idea that we are continually assassinating their nuclear scientists

which isnt really moral or rational

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

America has done it before and it still continues to do it. It's just a matter of them stopping them to build more sites once the previous site becomes compromised.

do you think sanctions from the west will prevent iran from trading with russia or china

what world do you live in

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
or even acquiring nuclear material on the black market

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

people think sanctions on a country is like blockading cuba that is so stupid

and yea as someone mentioned you cant get more internationally isolated than north korea and they still loving did it

guess what, in tyool 2015 its very doable for a developing nation to develop nuclear technology if they want to. its just a matter of when

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

do you think sanctions from the west will prevent iran from trading with russia or china

what world do you live in

China giving nuclear materials to iran to launch against America would wind up destroying China's economy because America is the one that buys all of their poo poo. They would be shooting themselves in the foot.

the CIA has guys all over China.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

also iran has large reserves of uranium and mines some of its own so

l
m
a
o

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

also iran has large reserves of uranium and mines some of its own so

l
m
a
o

Uranium needs to be processed, uranium by itself can't make a nuclear bomb. That's why they called it Weaponized Uranium. This is what the proxy attacks do it stops the uranium from being processed.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the taint reaper becomes the taint reaped

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
invent space cannons and glass their country

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

its hilarious that a pro-israel conservative thinks iran will never ever be capable of weaponizing uranium. then why are we obsessed with the centrifuges and preventing them from refining it further?? maybe israel really doesnt have anything to worry about because iran, a nation with gdp 4x pakistan, is full of persians who are too retarded to figure out something north korea accomplished years ago

Qwazes
Sep 29, 2014
Fun Shoe
Iranians also say "Death to traffic!" during rush hour.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

supreme court wants to hear a case involving confederate license plates

oklahoma told a heterosexual that his lgbt-pride plate was offensive and crushed his car

Ayatollah pounds hard asses

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

its hilarious that a pro-israel conservative thinks iran will never ever be capable of weaponizing uranium. then why are we obsessed with the centrifuges and preventing them from refining it further?? maybe israel really doesnt have anything to worry about because iran, a nation with gdp 4x pakistan, is full of persians who are too retarded to figure out something north korea accomplished years ago

Nobody is loving talking about israel. Stop bringing your facebook arguments with your parents into everything.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nobody is loving talking about israel. Stop bringing your facebook arguments with your parents into everything.

yea how is the iran issue related to israel anyway lmao you are retarded

so again taint reaper, how do we prevent iran from developing a 60 yr old technology without war

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I haven't met many Iranians but those i've met seemed pretty cool. Which is probably why they left Iran.

Iranian cinema is also pretty cool and meta. They like to make movies about making movies about making movies and them sometimes make movies about making those movies.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Carthago delenda est

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

TEAYCHES posted:

oh the ol why is murder illegal when people are going to do it anyway argument

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ramsus posted:

a) lol iran isnt going to nuke anyone

b) thats about as retarded as arguing economics using nothing but metaphors about balancing your family's checkbook

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Keep dreamin' bud.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ramsus you are next up to the plate. how do we prevent iran from developing a 60 year old technology without resorting to open hostility and war

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

420DD Butts posted:

seriously, I'd rather be allies with Iran than Saudi Arabia. we'd get better food out of the deal, too

we tried that but they got super-butthurt about Ajax and well...

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
isn't saying death to america the iranian equivalent of wearing a flag pin

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

The 'ooolll rhetorical technique of simplifying the gently caress out of the situation so you can declare your solution the obvious one

We can't stop Iran getting a nuke indefinitely and we should pursue real solutions because when they do finally get it it'll be nice not to have a lovely relationship with them.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 25, 2015

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
thanks for bringing this crazy development to our attention the taint reaper

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Boner Zone posted:

isn't saying death to america the iranian equivalent of wearing a flag pin

nah shia iranians are inhuman monsters without motivation past self annihilation and bringing on whatever the muslim apocalypse is or wahtever

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
haha muslims lol they put their females in burqas

So does anyone else think makeup on females is ugly? I mean I'm a nice guy and I don't need some tarted up slut to get my attention I'd rather see thier natural face

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Fattest PI posted:

haha muslims lol they put their females in burqas

So does anyone else think makeup on females is ugly? I mean I'm a nice guy and I don't need some tarted up slut to get my attention I'd rather see thier natural face

im gay

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
iran is awesome, persians are awesome, literally everything bad about iran is america's fault, i'd say death to america if i were him too

(edit: alright it's britain's fault too)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Boner Zone posted:

thanks for bringing this crazy development to our attention the taint reaper

You're welcome

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

reignonyourparade posted:

literally everything bad about iran is america's fault,

this is what really gets to me about this whole stupid loving thing

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Eurasia is death. Death to Eurasia

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

reignonyourparade posted:

iran is awesome, persians are awesome, literally everything bad about iran is america's fault, i'd say death to america if i were him too

(edit: alright it's britain's fault too)

Between Russia and America was successfully hosed up the entire middle east.

You know the desert cave and rights-stomping poo poo hole known as Afghanistan? This is what looked like in the 1950s..

http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2013/07/afghanistan-in-the-1950s-and-60s/100544/

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blazing Ownager posted:

Between Russia and America was successfully hosed up the entire middle east.

You know the desert cave and rights-stomping poo poo hole known as Afghanistan? This is what looked like in the 1950s..

http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2013/07/afghanistan-in-the-1950s-and-60s/100544/

Uh first line in that article

quote:

Fractured by internal conflict and foreign intervention for centuries

That modern afgan stuff only existed for a brief period of time.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Annihilate Israel immediately

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Beef Turret posted:

Annihilate Israel immediately

allow the palestinians to evacuate first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
To be fair America is the Great Satan. Just kind of rude for him to point it out like that.

• Locked thread