Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Amnistar posted:

So...it's okay that you did it though? But not that Asiina did it?

I don't think there is anything scummy about responding to jokes with jokes (as long as you also end up contributing actual content too!), I think there is something potentially scummy about derailing non-jokes into jokes when the town is having a hard time getting any content generated.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Woah, you spend a day working and come back to find yourself declared scummy for buddying up! Well I was more making jokes in the joke phase Bowmore but I can see how you'd see that as buddying up. I'm sorry I haven't posted much I've been involved in Two Axis mafia but now that they went to night phase I shall redouble my efforts here. I'll do a re-read and post some notes, then I'm off to D&D for the evening :)

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mornacale posted:

I don't think there is anything scummy about responding to jokes with jokes (as long as you also end up contributing actual content too!), I think there is something potentially scummy about derailing non-jokes into jokes when the town is having a hard time getting any content generated.

I guess I'm not seeing how you diferentiate what Asiina did and what you did? Both of you are doing joke posts in the thread, but he's scummy because ______?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Amnistar posted:

I guess I'm not seeing how you diferentiate what Asiina did and what you did? Both of you are doing joke posts in the thread, but he's scummy because ______?

I'm not talking about joke posts in general, but specifically making joke posts when people are trying to start conversation, in order to lead to another round of just messing around. If this explanation doesn't work, maybe bowmore can take a crack at it, since they seem to see what I'm getting at.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mornacale posted:

I'm not talking about joke posts in general, but specifically making joke posts when people are trying to start conversation, in order to lead to another round of just messing around. If this explanation doesn't work, maybe bowmore can take a crack at it, since they seem to see what I'm getting at.

The explanation makes sense to me, except it doesn't apply to your post. That's where my confusion is coming from.

You said Asiina is bad because *reasons*

Only all of *reasons* also seem to apply to your own posts.

With the exception of, it's okay for me to do it because Asiina had already done it?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Kleedrac posted:

Woah, you spend a day working and come back to find yourself declared scummy for buddying up! Well I was more making jokes in the joke phase Bowmore but I can see how you'd see that as buddying up. I'm sorry I haven't posted much I've been involved in Two Axis mafia but now that they went to night phase I shall redouble my efforts here. I'll do a re-read and post some notes, then I'm off to D&D for the evening :)

Major fake "I am generating content by responding to bowmore" post, ##vote Kleedrac

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Major fake "I am generating content by responding to bowmore" post, ##vote Kleedrac
Quidnose has a "nose" for this kind of thing

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rurea posted:

I dont really know. I didnt like his vote reasons but it doesnt really make sense to me anymore

Also WTF. Why are you STILL voting bowmore with this answer?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Also WTF. Why are you STILL voting bowmore with this answer?

Mafia Edit. Top of the page, missed the unvote.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Catching up on the day.

Asiina posted:

Mornacale's not a joke vote:

Mornacale's previous post 20 minutes earlier and one post up:

Voting me for continuing joke phase while himself posting jokes.

Made up case, bad vote, scumbo.

Hmmm. This is the most solid D1 case I've seen.

##vote Morn

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
The first thing I noticed in my re-read was that Bowmore's vote on me seems solid - my joking appears one-sided with him specifically and that seems shady to me (and I know I'm town)

Secondly there be a lot of lurkers in this game - Here's a post count starting roughly from confirmation:

pre:
Player:	Posts:
Amnistar	22
Asiina	15
Bowmore	23
Chic Trombone	4
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE	11
imgay	4
King Burgandy	6
Kleedrac	5
Mornacle	13
Quidnose	4
Rurea	23
The Science of Suck	1
TheRam	12
We really need to hear something from; Chic Trombone, Guisseppe Pizza, imgay, King Burgandy, Quidnose, Science of Suck, and theram now that we've left joke phase.

The only thing truly standing out at me right now is that Asiina is trying to appear as though they have a case on Mornacle and I don't really buy it. I'm not sure if I think Asi is scum but it seems close as I've seen scum try to make an OMGUS into a case.

Mafia Edit:
Quidnose, more like an "I didn't realize I was lurking hard enough to be taken for scum" but also as I said the other game went to night phase and I do owe this game a content post - you are wrong sir. This also seems suspicious for your first real post in the game is a "me too" vote?!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mornacale posted:

Frustration with above. You attempted to force game discussion and this post put an end to it.

This doesn't exactly feel like a fair read to me. I mean, what are you basing that on? She was directly responding to someone else that wasn't posting about the topic at hand.

[quote="Mornacale" post="443267837"]
Then I tried to draw some game discussion out here and Asiina immediately shut it down. Probably just a meaningless coincidence, but it pinged me enough to be worth throwing down a vote to get something happening.
[/b]

And then you are claiming that this post you link to was another attempt to generate game discussion, but it looks like more joke phase to me. I am not at all surprised that someone would respond to that in a joking manner.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think Morn is kind of suspicious with his vote, but at the same time, I think he is just trying to move the game along, so I don't mind it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mafia edit: Correct version of the above post:

Mornacale posted:

Frustration with above. You attempted to force game discussion and this post put an end to it.

This doesn't exactly feel like a fair read to me. I mean, what are you basing that on? She was directly responding to someone else that wasn't posting about the topic at hand.

Mornacale posted:

Then I tried to draw some game discussion out here and Asiina immediately shut it down. Probably just a meaningless coincidence, but it pinged me enough to be worth throwing down a vote to get something happening.

And then you are claiming that this post you link to was another attempt to generate game discussion, but it looks like more joke phase to me. I am not at all surprised that someone would respond to that in a joking manner.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Amnistar posted:

I feel like scum are most likely on day 1 to posture a lot, and call attention to people for making mistakes.

I don't really agree with this at all. I would call out problems with any alignment.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mornacale posted:

I actually see where you are coming from with this, but I disagree with your read on the situation entirely.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Quidnose posted:

This is a pretty weird vote to me, why not at least wait to see if he followed through on his promise to reread and post his thoughts (which he has now done)?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kleedrac posted:

We really need to hear something from; Chic Trombone, Guisseppe Pizza, imgay, King Burgandy, Quidnose, Science of Suck, and theram now that we've left joke phase.

I can't believe that someone with less posts than me is calling me out for my post count. hahaha.

I'll admit I'm a bit low in this game since I wasn't able to partake in the Dragon Ball Z chat. But I'm always pretty prolific.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mod Post: I'm willing to move the deadline to tomorrow if you guys prefer

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mornacale posted:

This is a pretty weird vote to me, why not at least wait to see if he followed through on his promise to reread and post his thoughts (which he has now done)?

I agree with this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Mod Post: I'm willing to move the deadline to tomorrow if you guys prefer

I'm fine either way. We can always just vote someone out tomorrow to end the day early, though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bowmore, how are you almost the top poster in this game? That's crazy.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

calm down, not a lot of it been "real mafia"

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mornacale posted:

I acutally think Quid's reasoning is pretty legit. The post feels fake, and it doesn't matter if content is posted now, it's just an empty post appologizing for "Buddying, but I wasn't buddying, but I can see how you might think it was buddying but it totally wasn't."

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Amnistar your such a goddamn buddy

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

He cheated

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rurea posted:

He cheated
I'd never cheat on you Rurea :wink:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

He cheated

I believe it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Yes, I would like to know exactly what kind of discussion Mornacale wanted us to have from that second post he linked, since I assumed it was a joke.

Kleedrac posted:

The only thing truly standing out at me right now is that Asiina is trying to appear as though they have a case on Mornacle and I don't really buy it. I'm not sure if I think Asi is scum but it seems close as I've seen scum try to make an OMGUS into a case.

My case is not OMGUS just because Mornacale says it is.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##Vote Kleedrac

Would also vote Mornacle.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't like Kleedrac's followup, a Lurker callout when he himself is at or 1 post above the lurkers is odd as heck.

Feels fake still, more fake more fake!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Asiina posted:

Yes, I would like to know exactly what kind of discussion Mornacale wanted us to have from that second post he linked, since I assumed it was a joke.

Well, optimally a scum would jump on me and try to get a quick claim and then we'd all go "oh hey that's a scum" and kill them, but more realistically I was hoping it would seem weird enough to get some reactions of whatever kind. :shrug: might have been stupid, I used to be overly conventional when I played before so I'm trying to Mix It Up.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Asiina posted:

My case is not OMGUS just because Mornacale says it is.

No, I said you were turning an OMGUS vote into a case and I found it weak.

Amnistar posted:

##Vote Kleedrac

Would also vote Mornacle.

Wanna let us know why? I've no idea why you're voting me nor why you'd vote mornacle?

Quidnose posted:

I don't like Kleedrac's followup, a Lurker callout when he himself is at or 1 post above the lurkers is odd as heck.

Feels fake still, more fake more fake!

Yes, I realize calling out lurkers when I said I'd been lurking this game seemed strange - but I do need more information from some players. But you are a perfect example as to why. I have no idea why you're voting for me. Bowmore seems to think I was buddying up and found this suspicious. For him that would make sense but your "me too" posting isn't rational. Adding to it that you find it "fake" that I'm trying to generate discussion?! You're acting scummy as poo poo sir and you may call it an OMGUS if you wish but you warrant a:

##Vote: Quidnose

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Let's dissect this fantastic vote on me.

Kleedrac posted:

Yes, I realize calling out lurkers when I said I'd been lurking this game seemed strange - but I do need more information from some players. But you are a perfect example as to why. I have no idea why you're voting for me.

I'm looking at this and seeing that there's a vote on me at the end of the post, which immediately strikes me as really odd. If I were town and I didn't know why someone was voting for me, my initial reaction would be "I need to engage this person to see if he's being disingenuous or lazy or if he actually is seeing something and therefore scum hunting." Kleedrac doesn't do this, however, and rather goes on to list reasons why my vote (which he allegedly doesn't understand at all) is a bad vote thanks to ~logic~.

quote:

Bowmore seems to think I was buddying up and found this suspicious. For him that would make sense but your "me too" posting isn't rational.

I never said that Kleedrac was buddying up. This is factually inaccurate. I think he saw me mention bowmore and then decided I agreed with bowmore?

quote:

Adding to it that you find it "fake" that I'm trying to generate discussion?!

Is this even a retort to my point? It's literally a restatement of my original post:

Quidnose posted:

So yes, Kleedrac, I don't think you are trying to generate discussion at all, I think your post which I quoted was faked content. Hence me saying...that I thought you were trying to fake generating discussion. This adds absolutely nothing but looks like "WHAT AN INJUSTICE"

quote:

You're acting scummy as poo poo sir and you may call it an OMGUS if you wish but you warrant a:

##Vote: Quidnose

I literally have 8 posts in this thread before this one.

-One is a signup post
-One is a confirmation post
-One is a joke about DBZ
-One is saying I want to watch Voltron
-One is saying I am watching Kai currently
-One is saying hello to TheRam and discussing that Amni ending joke phase is something I've seen him do a lot and isn't necessarily scummy. <------ This is the scummiest thing I have done all thread because it really does very little to generate content, and if I were scum I could easily have dropped something like that as a "read." Notice Kleedrac doesn't even talk about this at all, he instead have focuses entirely on my case against him and makes the above errnoeous statements to prove his point.
-One is voting Kleedrac because I read his poo poo as fake.
-One is restating that I think Kleedrac is suspicious and not liking his followup post.

Please show me where in those posts I have been "acting scummy as poo poo."

Everyone else ask yourself: do my two posts of suspicion on Kleedrac warrant the hard line OMGUS he just dropped on me?

Keeping my vote here, vote Kleedrac and cuddle scum, I'll see everyone D2.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Do not like the OMGUS votes from either Asiina or Kleedrac. My gut was saying town on Kleedrac, but that OMGUS is probably the worse one since the case against them was more cogent.

Would be pretty cool & good if Chic Trombone, Diqnol, Science of Suck, and Ram would chime in.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

Wanna let us know why? I've no idea why you're voting me nor why you'd vote mornacle?

Sure. See the ? by my name? Click it and read what is there.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Actually is this Kleedrac's first game?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

Actually is this Kleedrac's first game?

Theres 17 things in the votefinder history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

imgay posted:

Theres 17 things in the votefinder history.

Alright then, I'm happy with my vote.

• Locked thread