Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
People ITT need to stop misusing OMGUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Asiina posted:

People ITT need to stop misusing OMGUS.

omgus

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's morning and time for me to find a scum. I raise my hands to the air - I need ya'lls help by sending me along your energy so I can truly obliterate this evil

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote Chic Trombone

Isn't saying much and seems content to sit on the sidelines while content is being generated.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheRam posted:

yeh I'm powerful it's true just not often people admit it

thanks bud ;)

xD

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

##vote Chic Trombone

Isn't saying much and seems content to sit on the sidelines while content is being generated.

Any comments on the content? Or are you just going to ignore everything that has been discussed and call out a lurker?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm rereading now for more pointed comments and the content posted thusfar is really lacking anyway so yeah, my vote is fine. You'll need to allow me time as I am also at work. Thanks for the concern though, Amnistar.

Asiina posted:

Mornacale's not a joke vote:

Mornacale's previous post 20 minutes earlier and one post up:

Voting me for continuing joke phase while himself posting jokes.

Made up case, bad vote, scumbo.

This case seems more made up than a self professed prod vote on Asiina. Not sure what to make of Mornacle but Asiina is on the scummy side of the spectrum because while I believe neither side believes in their vote, Asiina wants me to think that she does believe in hers.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rurea posted:

I think mornacale and asiina are being weird

This is a very scummy post. Being "weird" is the biggest copout you can give in mafia. Scum has the hardest time in the early game and this says to me "having a hard time". Would vote.

##vote Rurea

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rurea posted:

It reads as a fake scum/scum interaction imo

This vote is also scummy. What in the world makes you think scum/scum?

Rurea is our best vote.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
I thought chic looked kind of scummy but I remember playing with her before and I don't think what you've seen is really an alignment tell.

She came across kind of self conscious and non-committal and wasn't obnoxious at least in the early game.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I guess what I'm saying is chic's posting style doesn't annoy me and I don't think I'd want to kill anyone I have that meta on early.

it's possible chic played a lot more in between when we both played ages ago tho. and I'm constructing these reads based on like 2-3 posts at most I can remember reading yesterday

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mornacale posted:

Everything seems weird because we kept failing to break out of the joke zone imho.

I REALLY do not like this. Why did you feel the need to justify your "weirdness", Mornacle?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheRam posted:

self conscious and non-committal

These are things we look for when looking for scum, especially with someone as experienced as Chic

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

This vote is also scummy. What in the world makes you think scum/scum?

Rurea is our best vote.

I'm just spitballin' here

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I REALLY do not like this. Why did you feel the need to justify your "weirdness", Mornacle?
Because I was right :colbert:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I really don't like the post vomit of calling everyone scum on surface cases.

I also don't like the dismissal of all the discussion had so far as meaningless or without sibstance.

Would vote for the long name I can't remember above who just post vomited.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't like your ability level regarding mafia but theres lots of things we don't like in this world, Amnistar.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I don't like your ability level regarding mafia but theres lots of things we don't like in this world, Amnistar.

hmm so far you might be kind of bad dude idk

I'll probably be able to make this decision within the next... 10 hours

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheRam posted:

hmm so far you might be kind of bad dude idk

I'll probably be able to make this decision within the next... 10 hours

Amnistar has for two posts in a row attempted to convince me he is very stupid/limited. I'm not particularly interested in considering his opinion.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nobody has sacked up in this game and started the content process. The closest thing to that were the crappy cases I just remarked on, neither of which are very illuminating.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Nobody has sacked up in this game and started the content process. The closest thing to that were the crappy cases I just remarked on, neither of which are very illuminating.

Uhhh.. this is demonstrably false.

The two posts you pulled out of the thread are, in fact, in the center of many people talking about cases and alignment. The fact that you didn't quite them doesn't make them non existent

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Amnistar posted:

I really don't like the post vomit of calling everyone scum on surface cases.

I also don't like the dismissal of all the discussion had so far as meaningless or without sibstance.

Would vote for the long name I can't remember above who just post vomited.

I don't have my own opinion because I haven't read a lot of the thread but this post seems super legit

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amnistar posted:

Uhhh.. this is demonstrably false.

The two posts you pulled out of the thread are, in fact, in the center of many people talking about cases and alignment. The fact that you didn't quite them doesn't make them non existent

The fact that people talked about them doesn't mean that what they said is in any way meaningful.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Current scum picks (of which I only have 3 because calling everyone scum is dumb)

Mornacale - attempted to jump into the content game early by calling out Asiina for making jokes when not 20 minutes earlier he was making jokes himself. When I pressed him to find out why it was okay for him to jok and not Asiina he couldn't answer and stopped respondong.
Kleedrac - after being called out for buddying up in joke phase his response was poor and then his contribution to the game was a lurker call out. His posting is stilted and awkward.
GUISSEPPE - jumps into the game and attempts to shape conversation by posting lovely cases and ignoring the cases made against the above except vaguely saying that no one is doing anything. In fact his first call out is a lurker that has done nothing he himself hasn't done. His responses to me asking him about these things is to attack me rather than make responses.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yes, your way is dumb.

Now you know what I feel and you can stop being passive aggressive.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And now that you've called my cases lovely, why don't you address them and tell me why they are shittier than a "you're joking too much ##vote" "yeah well you're a butt :F ##vote" and I will listen with eyes fixed upon ye and ears clear of distraction.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Personally I wouldn't vote Diqnol over agression + post vomit, that's just Diq bein' Diq. I DO think it's weird that he jumped from me to Rurea so quickly though. Like 10 minutes passed between the votes

Don't think it's enough to call him scum tho

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Let's dissect this fantastic vote on me.

I'm looking at this and seeing that there's a vote on me at the end of the post, which immediately strikes me as really odd. If I were town and I didn't know why someone was voting for me, my initial reaction would be "I need to engage this person to see if he's being disingenuous or lazy or if he actually is seeing something and therefore scum hunting." Kleedrac doesn't do this, however, and rather goes on to list reasons why my vote (which he allegedly doesn't understand at all) is a bad vote thanks to ~logic~.

I never said that Kleedrac was buddying up. This is factually inaccurate. I think he saw me mention bowmore and then decided I agreed with bowmore?

Is this even a retort to my point? It's literally a restatement of my original post:

So yes, Kleedrac, I don't think you are trying to generate discussion at all, I think your post which I quoted was faked content. Hence me saying...that I thought you were trying to fake generating discussion. This adds absolutely nothing but looks like "WHAT AN INJUSTICE"

I literally have 8 posts in this thread before this one.

-One is a signup post
-One is a confirmation post
-One is a joke about DBZ
-One is saying I want to watch Voltron
-One is saying I am watching Kai currently
-One is saying hello to TheRam and discussing that Amni ending joke phase is something I've seen him do a lot and isn't necessarily scummy. <------ This is the scummiest thing I have done all thread because it really does very little to generate content, and if I were scum I could easily have dropped something like that as a "read." Notice Kleedrac doesn't even talk about this at all, he instead have focuses entirely on my case against him and makes the above errnoeous statements to prove his point.
-One is voting Kleedrac because I read his poo poo as fake.
-One is restating that I think Kleedrac is suspicious and not liking his followup post.

Please show me where in those posts I have been "acting scummy as poo poo."

Everyone else ask yourself: do my two posts of suspicion on Kleedrac warrant the hard line OMGUS he just dropped on me?

Keeping my vote here, vote Kleedrac and cuddle scum, I'll see everyone D2.

I agree with Quidnose here ##vote Kleedrac

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a little out of the loop here, what do you guys mean when you keep saying omgus?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

And now that you've called my cases lovely, why don't you address them and tell me why they are shittier than a "you're joking too much ##vote" "yeah well you're a butt :F ##vote" and I will listen with eyes fixed upon ye and ears clear of distraction.

Your "cases" are this is scummy. Vote.

Each of mine explains why I think it was scummy. Bad tone, duplicity, being unable to explain reasoning when pressed and, in your case, using intimodation to force people to follow your lead. You aren't making cases or engaging people. You aren't attempting to convince people that your cases are right. You are making a statements about alignment and attempting to bully people to your way of thinking.

I mean hell, I spelled out my cases and your response was, if you're so awesome why don't you explain your cases then. You aren't reading the thread. You don't care.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

imgay posted:

I'm a little out of the loop here, what do you guys mean when you keep saying omgus?

Oh
My
god
U
Scum

Omgsu is a term for someone that votes someone else on the basis that they voted for them. I.e. you voted for me so you must be scum. It's then used incorrectly to mean anyone voting for anyone else for any reason ever.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amnistar posted:

Any comments on the content? Or are you just going to ignore everything that has been discussed and call out a lurker?

My first reaction to this post was that Amnistar was trying to jump on me for putting down a lazy vote before a reread because he saw an opportunity, especially since he should know I make a post like that and then launch into a series of posts afterwards on the regular. It read to me like he was trying to look like he was looking for scum rather than looking for scum. His doubling down since and his dismissal of my points without apparently reading them at all say to me he is very probably scum.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Oh
My
god
U
Scum

Omgsu is a term for someone that votes someone else on the basis that they voted for them. I.e. you voted for me so you must be scum. It's then used incorrectly to mean anyone voting for anyone else for any reason ever.

I always thought it was Oh My God You Suck

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amnistar posted:

Your "cases" are this is scummy. Vote.

Each of mine explains why I think it was scummy. Bad tone, duplicity, being unable to explain reasoning when pressed and, in your case, using intimodation to force people to follow your lead. You aren't making cases or engaging people. You aren't attempting to convince people that your cases are right. You are making a statements about alignment and attempting to bully people to your way of thinking.

I mean hell, I spelled out my cases and your response was, if you're so awesome why don't you explain your cases then. You aren't reading the thread. You don't care.

Okay dipshit, here's what's happening.

I am insulting you repeatedly. This is because you are not saying things that make sense coming from a rational human mind.

I am asking people questions. That is the definition of engaging people. I am being mean to 1 (one) person. Bullying has nothing to do with it.

As to convincing people that my cases are right, it is page 3 of non jokephase. The important thing here is interactions. Cases like that will come later from everybody.

There's an interesting tidbit here to those following along, though:

quote:

You are making a statements about alignment and attempting to bully people to your way of thinking.

I don't think he's reading what I'm saying.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

My first reaction to this post was that Amnistar was trying to jump on me for putting down a lazy vote before a reread because he saw an opportunity, especially since he should know I make a post like that and then launch into a series of posts afterwards on the regular. It read to me like he was trying to look like he was looking for scum rather than looking for scum. His doubling down since and his dismissal of my points without apparently reading them at all say to me he is very probably scum.

A.) Why the gently caress shoukd I know your play? I have been in I think 1 game since I came back from a year+ sabbatical.
B.) So he made this post where it looks like he is looking for scum, so he must be scum.
C.) I am immensely suprised that you are starting to case me now that I am calling you scum and refusing to back down. *sarasm*

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I suppose I agree with Quidnose, too!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I suppose I agree with Quidnose, too!

But I thought there weren't any real cases made yet diqnol? I mean you read through everything and already commented on the important stuff right?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

imgay posted:

omgus means oh my god you suck

the idea behind it being that when A votes B, if B then votes A it's usually dismissed as an emotional vote because "I AM TOWN AND YOU'RE VOTING ME THEREFORE YOU MUST BE SCUM!!!"

at least that's how I've always taken it, an OMGUS vote is usually meant in sincerity however it is a bad vote.

usually calling someone's votes OMGUS is lazy, but it also can summarise quite succintly what you think of someones vote.

it's over used and people use it so varyingly that you're better of just articulating without using an acronym

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Amnistar posted:

A.) Why the gently caress shoukd I know your play? I have been in I think 1 game since I came back from a year+ sabbatical.
B.) So he made this post where it looks like he is looking for scum, so he must be scum.
C.) I am immensely suprised that you are starting to case me now that I am calling you scum and refusing to back down. *sarasm*

Guiseppe Pizzapie is Diqnol, Amnistar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Oh nm you got that

• Locked thread