Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

pretty soft girl posted:

I play fighting games for some god forsaken reason

take the hatred people have for multiplayer shooters and now imagine them focusing all their hatred directly against you, their opponent, every single time things don't go as planned

that's fighting games, it's basically one step below multiplayer shooters and a hair above DOTA style games for housing the whiniest shitlords imaginable

i never got into these because all I ever do is flail around at the buttons randomly but drat if your'e not selling me on em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

pretty soft girl posted:

I play fighting games for some god forsaken reason

take the hatred people have for multiplayer shooters and now imagine them focusing all their hatred directly against you, their opponent, every single time things don't go as planned

that's fighting games, it's basically one step below multiplayer shooters and a hair above DOTA style games for housing the whiniest shitlords imaginable

You mean regular non-full-blown-asperger's-m'lady-anime-shirt-and-trilby fighting games or Smash Brothers?

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

pretty soft girl posted:

I played a lot of counter strike when I was 14 because I could try to do my geometry homework between rounds

now I'm 28 and I don't have geometry homework to do and I just want to run around like an idiot spraying bullets everywhere without waiting 5 minutes between my abject failures, is that so much to ask???

also a few years after CS there was this knockoff from some people who worked on CS called Global Operations, did anyone play that? That game was extremely my poo poo, it was like Counter Strike but it had character classes and really long rounds where respawns were handled by waves of reinforcements at minute-long intervals so having a good medic or two on your team was key

Would kill to play that game again except it was on the Lithtech engine and ran like total garbage so no one played it, I think it had like two dozen dedicated servers tops even when it was new

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i never got into these because all I ever do is flail around at the buttons randomly but drat if your'e not selling me on em

here is a video of a grown man gleefully antagonizing an 8 year old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpwZgTyyVV4

I'm not sure if I love or hate this but it pretty much sums up fighting games because that 8 year old could very easily be a 23 year old with a similar voice

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

pretty soft girl posted:

here is a video of a grown man gleefully antagonizing an 8 year old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpwZgTyyVV4

I'm not sure if I love or hate this but it pretty much sums up fighting games because that 8 year old could very easily be a 23 year old with a similar voice

I'm assuming there's a way to block that rocket?

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm assuming there's a way to block that rocket?

yeah all he'd really need to do is either block it and run in or do a move that will armor through it, generally doing the same thing over and over again is not a winning strategy in any fighting game that people actually play

I did the same thing to some British guy by using Sub Zero's slide over and over again and he got so mad at me on the mic that I felt bad that a grown adult was so angry at a video game, verbally calmed him down, and explained how to hold down and block and then punch me in the face after blocking

Basically people who play video games are bad at life including me

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
Oh see there's your problem, when they introduced voice chat I turned it the gently caress off and kept it off

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've played some on Xbox Live and the only time anyone who has been caremad about video games has ever called me a human being was in YOSPOS.

Myth busted.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

huskarl_marx posted:

Oh see there's your problem, when they introduced voice chat I turned it the gently caress off and kept it off

When the first socom came out I was so enamored with the concept that a 7 year old called me a cocksucker that I couldn't bring myself to disable it

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

huskarl_marx posted:

posting to say dayz actually is awesome and gently caress you if you don't like crawling through Ukrainian villages searching for beans

was good for a few weeks, until every interaction became shoot on sight

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

huskarl_marx posted:

that's so impersonal tho, what happened to the human touch

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

that's so impersonal tho, what happened to the human touch

a well executed teabag does not require voice chat

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Robot Randy posted:

a well executed teabag does not require voice chat

call of duty ghosts was horrible but it's one redeeming feature is that the game would occasionally command you to teabag someone you just killed in exchange for a killstreak

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Muerte posted:

It's called stratagie, I play as if it was real life...lol if you think I'm a just jog around looking for people.

See this is wrong because you're meant to jump everywhere and 360 no scope noob bitches.

Jaramin posted:

You are walking across the continental United States with little or no experience during the summer. You know you can't respawn from that either, right?

Oh poo poo its this guy? OP go and look after your death hike thread better.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 4, 2015

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
playing a videogame for it's realism is like loving a realdoll for it's enthusiasm

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Muerte posted:

immersion

There's your problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

OP should play Daikatana.

• Locked thread