Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
hahah thats so loving dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

PYF is filled with some very odd posters.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Nathilus posted:

im ok with this but only cuz clapping is stupid and jazz hands are awesome. being in a stadium with 10,000+ people doing jazz hands sounds like a potentially really good time.

@NFL please ask your fans to stop clapping and yelling when points are scored. it is very triggering and patriarchal. thanks (^.^) retweet and share!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

this is so good. too good. I wonder if its a setup or experiment

quote:

I am woman hear me roar, but not clap because that freaks people out. Probably roaring is out too.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ashgromnies posted:

@NFL please ask your fans to stop clapping and yelling when points are scored. it is very triggering and patriarchal. thanks (^.^) retweet and share!
What happens if you disagree and say"no, I prefer to clap" at this NUS event?

nus reminded me of snu which reminded me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCdrUW--Jic

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
:bravo:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
This is an Onion article you dummies! No sane person would consider this a good idea. Actually, working in the psych. ward they tell you to avoid making loud noises around the psychiatric patients.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

How dare you.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

*starts seizing and frothing on the ground*

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hoist by your own petard, seinfeld

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Peter Pan: PLEASE! IF YOU BELIEVE IN FAIRIES CLAP YOUR HANDS! I THINK TINK CAN GET BETTER IF YOU DO!!!

Audience: *jazzhands* WE BELIEVE IN FAIRIES!!!!! ;.;

Tink: *dies*

someone buy my screenplay thanks.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Well I mean feminism is pretty much hosed now time to embrace the patriarchy.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
in contrast to that NYC liberal scumbag Ron Paul remains a true hero of the people

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Nathilus posted:

Peter Pan: PLEASE! IF YOU BELIEVE IN FAIRIES CLAP YOUR HANDS! I THINK TINK CAN GET BETTER IF YOU DO!!!

Audience: *jazzhands* WE BELIEVE IN FAIRIES!!!!! ;.;

Tink: *dies*

someone buy my screenplay thanks.

a comic, in text (because I can't draw)

1) crowded conference hall. speaker wrapping up. audience gives standing ovation
2) zoom in on protagonist. clenching muscles, grinding teeth/biting lips, bug-eyed in fear
3-4) flashback: jungles of Vietnam. charlie is all around our protagonist, boxing them in. they're clapping.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Applewhite posted:

This is why it was a bad idea to get rid of the draft.

We need a universal service requirement like Israel.

Agreedo.

But let the recruits keep Twitter.

"The Drill Sergeant YELLED at me!!"

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Applewhite posted:

We all have to enroll with Selective Service anyway, so that's a bit like the draft.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Every time I eat applesauce it is to the sounds of a raucous standing ovation.
Because there is no applesauce without applause.

ghlbtsk fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 25, 2015

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir
As a child, I studied in a religious school. They'd hold a special "prayer week" once a year, and bring a speaker to talk about whatever they saw fit. One of them was a middle-aged woman who actually banned us from clapping and made us do those shaky jazz hands, since applause was "disruptive and disrespectful". So it took away one of the few things that weren't completely soporific from these kind of events, which is to clap loudly and vigorously just for the hell of it and to make noise. We had to sing songs, as usual, so I just screamed at the top of my lungs like everyone else. It was all tweens with cracking voices, so no one gave a poo poo about tune, except the kids who sang in the choir, but gently caress them anyway. I hope they got diddled.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
but not around the women

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Can I snap?

My fingers not my brain

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

quote:

Cleopatra2 hours ago
STREWTH ALL-MIGHTY, WHAT NEXT. As for UKIPPERSareNUTTERS IGNORE THE IDIOT,Probably gets off on it, sits playing ? All day nothing else to do, BILLY NO MATES, NOT SURPRISED. GET A LIFE. I am voting UKIP.

Can somebody please translate this into English?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

Can somebody please translate this into English?

"I cannot believe this is a thing that is happens in the now of our times."

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Thanks

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

At the conclusion of the conference, a tribute to Comrade Stalin was called for. Of course, everyone stood up (just as everyone had leaped to his feet during the conference at every mention of his name). ... For three minutes, four minutes, five minutes, the stormy applause, rising to an ovation, continued. But palms were getting sore and raised arms were already aching. And the older people were panting from exhaustion. It was becoming insufferably silly even to those who really adored Stalin.

However, who would dare to be the first to stop? … After all, NKVD men were standing in the hall applauding and watching to see who would quit first! And in the obscure, small hall, unknown to the leader, the applause went on – six, seven, eight minutes! They were done for! Their goose was cooked! They couldn’t stop now till they collapsed with heart attacks! At the rear of the hall, which was crowded, they could of course cheat a bit, clap less frequently, less vigorously, not so eagerly – but up there with the presidium where everyone could see them?

The director of the local paper factory, an independent and strong-minded man, stood with the presidium. Aware of all the falsity and all the impossibility of the situation, he still kept on applauding! Nine minutes! Ten! In anguish he watched the secretary of the District Party Committee, but the latter dared not stop. Insanity! To the last man! With make-believe enthusiasm on their faces, looking at each other with faint hope, the district leaders were just going to go on and on applauding till they fell where they stood, till they were carried out of the hall on stretchers! And even then those who were left would not falter…

Then, after eleven minutes, the director of the paper factory assumed a businesslike expression and sat down in his seat. And, oh, a miracle took place! Where had the universal, uninhibited, indescribable enthusiasm gone? To a man, everyone else stopped dead and sat down. They had been saved!

The squirrel had been smart enough to jump off his revolving wheel. That, however, was how they discovered who the independent people were. And that was how they went about eliminating them. That same night the factory director was arrested. They easily pasted ten years on him on the pretext of something quite different. But after he had signed Form 206, the final document of the interrogation, his interrogator reminded him:

“Don’t ever be the first to stop applauding.”

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Like, would they ostracize the few people that would prefer to clap?

Then BLAM! Got them in a hypocrisy!

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

Decebal posted:

This is an Onion article you dummies!

That was my first though too, but no hits on the Onion. Link or GTFO.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Frog Act posted:

sudont posted:
This. This is why most non-Deaf groups use "jazz hands", not some desire to be super inclusive snowflake tenders--but because applause is disruptive. Wave your jazz hands or sparkle fingers or whatever to show your approval so that poo poo keeps on moving in the meantime and the speaker doesn't have to stop to wait for the applause to stop!
Wait is this a real post? Is using jazz hands in place of clapping a legit thing that "most non-deaf groups use"?

YOU CAN PRY MY CLAPPING OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS, LIBTARDS -nra guy

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'm just glad feminism has caught up to what everyone else already knew. Women are weak easily startled creatures. For their own mental welfare they should be kept in quiet predictable environments, like kitchens.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

dMastri posted:

Wait is this a real post? Is using jazz hands in place of clapping a legit thing that "most non-deaf groups use"?

YOU CAN PRY MY CLAPPING OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS, LIBTARDS -nra guy

i mean, it's often rude and disruptive to the flow to start applauding in the middle of a presentation.

but the answer is "hold your applause til the end", not "wave your hands in the air like you just don't care"

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
let's not forget the origins of jazz hands, ladies

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Applewhite posted:

the American draft never included ladies, the first part of this makes no sense

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you're really, really excited you are permitted to sing My Mammy

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I can't wait to see Jon Stewarts take on this and probably tell me that I'm bad because I think its funny and find the one person who has a real condition to startling loud stimuli in that audience and humanize it.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

I can't wait to see Jon Stewarts take on this and probably tell me that I'm bad because I think its funny and find the one person who has a real condition to startling loud stimuli in that audience and humanize it.

Being easily startled is one of the signs of Autism.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Decebal posted:

Being easily startled is one of the signs of Autism.
It's a good thing we're all Autistic too so we can make fun of them.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i was raped by a live studio audience.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
When they say something you approve of just wave your cock at them instead.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the year is 2024

February 2: ISIS has invaded mainland USA

February 16: ISIS has won total control of the USA after all opposing forces declared 'this is too anxiety inducing' and ran away

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
If the sound of clapping can give you an anxiety attack or w/e then I seriously doubt you're going anywhere near an actual public gathering where clapping may occur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Haha yes, the national center for PTSD vets also frowns on loud sounds. I wonder why?

• Locked thread