Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Clarkson is a former child star whose family fortune comes from the manufacture and sale of children's dolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hope Clarkson gets Paul Walker'd.

And May gets his own show with the little guy showing up every now and then. He's only good in small doses.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Jeremy Clarkson said something that I disagreed with years ago and bunched a bbc producer human being, time to literally wish death upon him something something

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Tsinava posted:

Oisin is a super cutie:

:3:
He's a hobbit.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

HEY VAPER posted:

Jeremy Clarkson said something that I disagreed with years ago and bunched a bbc producer human being, time to literally wish death upon him something something

clarkson has a long list of being a complete rear end in a top hat in general, even ignoring his political positions. however, separating a tv personality's moronic personal views from his worth as an entertainer has always been pretty easy for me (see also: mike nelson from mst3k).

assaulting a dude over the most petty poo poo imaginable is a bit different, however.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
so is wishing death upon a television personality because you don't agree with his opinions

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

HEY VAPER posted:

so is wishing death upon a television personality because you don't agree with his opinions

Dunno, punching someone usually isn't an opinion but yeah death is silly.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cubey posted:

assaulting a dude over the most petty poo poo imaginable is a bit different, however.
yeah as a person who's been a cameraman under the most prima donna rear end in a top hat local news nobody talent, i sympathize with the poo poo the producer had to deal with

Romes128 posted:

I hope Clarkson gets Paul Walker'd.

And May gets his own show with the little guy showing up every now and then. He's only good in small doses.
on the other hand, jeremy clarkson is still a fun actor to watch and a great foil to james may. a show of just james would be boring as poo poo. he's the straight man and he needs his costello

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Bip Roberts posted:

Dunno, punching someone usually isn't an opinion but yeah death is silly.

lol if you think people are getting mad about the assault and it's not just a thinly veiled excuse to spew their pent up nerd rage about Clarkson without fear of mockery

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

The White Dragon posted:

on the other hand, jeremy clarkson is still a fun actor to watch and a great foil to james may. a show of just james would be boring as poo poo. he's the straight man and he needs his costello

Clarkson was arguably the funniest on the show, I'll give him that.

James May would do well if a show featuring him was kind of a half driving cars half documentary on the history or manufacturing of the car. I dunno, I always found their informative stuff a lot better than the stupid "modify x car to do this" or their recent pointless road trips.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

HEY VAPER posted:

lol if you think people are getting mad about the assault and it's not just a thinly veiled excuse to spew their pent up nerd rage about Clarkson without fear of mockery

stop doxxing me plz

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

HEY VAPER posted:

Lol since when does anyone get mocked for hating on Jeremy Clarkson?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I enjoy a good vroom vroom show now and then but lol if you think clarkson should get away with murder. You probably think catholic priests should touch little boys too

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
I mean he probably should have been able to get away with it because BBC is more or less buried without Clarkson once the Dr Who hipster nerd revival dies out

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

perhaps itv or sky can give him a "jeremy clarkson does whatever the gently caress he wants" hour

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

perhaps itv or sky can give him a "jeremy clarkson does whatever the gently caress he wants" hour

It'll be 49 minutes of racial slurs, and Hitler-esque speeches about the browns and gays. Then one minute of him explaining it was an accident and totally coincidental he's a giant dickbag.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

the BBC let Jimmy Saville get away with noncery so what's a bit of light thrashing from Clarkson?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the whole uk is a nonce

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So he punched a producer for not getting hot food for their set? Why we all getting mad a the guy, he just wanted a nice meal after a long day on the set.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Long day at the bar.

K9
May 6, 2007

not handsome imo

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So he punched a producer for not getting hot food for their set? Why we all getting mad a the guy, he just wanted a nice meal after a long day on the set.

He punched a producer because he couldn't get a steak and chips in the hotel after the kitchen had closed.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
htatjayhaertygaeyhaeyhtaeaeaeaeaeaeaeyaeyaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaahythehghah

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

K9 posted:

not handsome imo

Dude has some Acromegaly on the go, jeez.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

To paraphrase, what has the world come to when a drunk millionaire can't thrash his underling in public without worrying about losing his job. It's BBC health and safety gone mad.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

yeah as a person who's been a cameraman under the most prima donna rear end in a top hat local news nobody talent, i sympathize with the poo poo the producer had to deal with

Except James May makes a bunch of shows without Clarkson and not only is he often very funny, they're often interesting because he doesn't have a huge penis in the form of a Clarkson to derail it every 30 seconds by driving a bulldozer through the set. Man Lab and the last Toy Stories (especially the Action Man episode, which even has Goons in it) have been almost uniformly great. And for true AI posters his Car of the People thing was good because he was allowed to engage with the subject matter before blowing it up with an RPG, even if the ultimate payoff sucked (his car of the people turns out to cost about as much as an average British person's annual income).

I was sort of hoping May and Hammond would go on with a good replacement, but having seen the brief details of the incident provided by the BBC, I'm not sure I'd watch it. It's now clear Clarkson's behaviour was even worse than first reported. He lays into a junior colleague verbally for like half an hour in about as nasty as way as possible (every conceivable insult plus "I am important and you are going to be fired"), then actually punches him and splits his lip open, then after he's pulled off he pursues him again and hurls more abuse. Hammond and May presumably knew all about this, but still allowed themselves to be seen as supporting Clarkson (and their paycheques). Truly a dick move by both of them. Unfortunately one that won't come back to haunt either of them.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Jesus christ you vaginas need to stop crying for the producer, All producers are cunts and deserve to be punched constantly.

An irishman that can't take a hit should probably just commit suicide, he's a shame to his people.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Seriously he's some expandable coffee holder, why the gently caress is everyone crying human rights. They're two dimes a dozen.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Republican Vampire posted:

He punched a producer because he couldn't get a steak and chips in the hotel after the kitchen had closed.

Well then clearly the producer should have went into the kitchen and made a steak and cooked some fries.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
if you think the argument was just over some hot food and not the producer systematically failing to do his job and maintain the relationship with the talent then I have a bridge to sell you

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nice slope on that bridge

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

Saga posted:

(especially the Action Man episode, which even has Goons in it)

source??

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
This could of been avoided if he had only bought off the producer with a sack of potatoes.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

why didnt the bbc protect jeremy clarkson from the low cunning of this devious irishman, poor voiceless, powerless, rich, friend of the prime minister and columnist in a national newspaper jeremy clarkson

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

if you think the argument was just over some hot food and not the producer systematically failing to do his job and maintain the relationship with the talent then I have a bridge to sell you

agreed that producer should take some personal responsibility for his actions

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Phoon posted:

agreed that producer should take some personal responsibility for his actions

he should have shot clarkson with a hand gun?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
What's the difference between a Polish plumber and Jeremy Clarkson?

One has a job.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hideous old gently caress does stupid poo poo and ends poo poo TV show for stupid loving retarded nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SACK ME WILLYA!

• Locked thread