Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
How's momcat today? :ohdear: Hope she's coming along well, poor thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Elaieva posted:

Momcat is bitchy today ;) I really thought she was going into labor, but it doesn't look like it. I have the end of one of the cages covered completely so that it's a little cave, and she's hanging in there but not really doing anything other than hanging. You can see the babies rolling around though, so at least SOMEONE is having fun!

EDIT: Good idea on letting her nest more. When the vet comes and has her out of the cage, I'll toss some towels in there so she can make her own little nest (although she sure seems to like the cat bed that's in there now!).

I'm dumb! I thought today was the 27th. :downs:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Wow, go momcat! Good job, Elaieva. Thanks for the pics, too. :kimchi:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Orange tabby almost certainly a boy too. So cuuuuute! :kimchi:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Elaieva posted:

Today, Momcat's brood went from 3 kittens to 5 kittens in less than 5 minutes -- another pregnant kitty in our rescue delivered her kittens and died less than 24 hours later. So, we split that litter of 6 up among 2 rescues and 3 nursing mamas, and I would now like to present Momcat and her new and improved litter!

Momcat's kittens are 4 days old and the new ones are barely 2 days old and much smaller, so I'll have to really watch that .. but she's the Best Momcat Ever and took these little guys the minute we put them in reach -- one she took right out of my hand! She's currently purring up a storm and they are happily nursing and squeaking a little, so I have hopes that they'll do well. Both are little white babies with black spots on them, so they're pretty easy to tell apart from the "original" kittens.

That's a bittersweet ending... Glad Best Momcat willingly adopted the new babies. :unsmith:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
:swoon:

Never apologize for kitten pictures. :colbert: They are so cute.

This thread is dangerous; I don't need a third cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Gimme some kittens! Aaaa! :kimchi: You're the best, Elaieva.

• Locked thread