Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It's also a nice little explanation of how the War Doctor came to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

monster on a stick posted:

Also, for modern Who, why does Robot of Sherwood get such bad reviews? I thought it was campy fun.

I kept expecting something to happen to explain why Robin and the Merry Men were the most stereotypical Robin Hood and the Merry Men in the history of the world. That kept me wrong-footed for the entire episode. The Sheriff was delicious ham though :byodood:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

God Complex and The Girl Who Waited are both absolutely amazing episodes, amongst the best of the entire revival, and I feel like they get overlooked a bit because they're in season 6 which was overall such an uneven mess.

I've alway said the peaks of season 6 are the best the show has ever been, but the lows are really loving low. But for a while because of those peaks I considered six a better season than five.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

And Rory considering the possibilities.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

FreezingInferno posted:

but it's the best of the Cornetto films for sure.

Now that I'll agree with.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

marktheando posted:

I'm another who hasn't seen Worlds End, since you never hear people talk about it I'm assuming it isn't as good as the other two Cornetto movies.

World's End is what happens if you replace the Doctor with a couple of belligerent drunks. It also felt the most overtly "political" of the three films, though that's not say the other two didn't have plenty of social commentary, just that it wasn't as buried under the genre trappings.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I love Moffat's reaction in that clip.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Has there even been confirmation that there will be a X-Mas episode this year?

I am pretty certain somebody mentioned it was in production while they were being interviewed at either SDCC or TCA press tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Matt Smith visited the bright lights of Detroit and knew right then that limited confines of Who could no longer contain him.

• Locked thread