Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Ddraig posted:

Maybe you can get frequent dier miles so everytime you reincarnate as a starving african and die you get credit for something better

I hope so. It would suck if you had to start at the back of the line every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
We can make life after death by putting our brains on hard drives and we can make aliens by sending life to live on other worlds. There are bigger questions than either of those

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Royal Scrub posted:

We can make life after death by putting our brains on hard drives and we can make aliens by sending life to live on other worlds. There are bigger questions than either of those

name one, Einstein.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Applewhite posted:

name one, Einstein.

getting into the Anime universe

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Gimp Fack posted:

if there's life after death, then there may as well be life before birth

Look at this guy who is convinced that time is a one-dimensional linear concept.

Maybe we discover that time is like a giant rug and under the carpet of time is a bunch of ghosts and on top of it are aliens having a nice lie down.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gimp Fack posted:

if there's life after death, then there may as well be life before birth.

I actually believe in a life before birth irl so

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
I think it's time to start testing predictions on death row inmates,

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Personally to me it would be much more interesting to find out about life after death since it would challenge my personal held beliefs. Alien life would be cool and all but really it would just confirm what I feel is already true. Life after death though would blow my mind.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Who cares

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

do I still get to shitpost after death

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

What if, on the same day, you find out that not only is life endemic to the universe but it's also mostly humans. not humanoid, but like greys are loving fake it's all beautiful aryans up there, and then you also find out that there is an afterlife too. makes you think

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i bet aliens are real

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Otisburg posted:

Realpostin': being dead should be no more scary than being pre-born. The actual dying tho often sucks mightilly.

I've always found attempts at comforting thoughts about death like this pretty dumb since personally I heavily prefer existing over any state or time of not existing.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i bet aliens are real

they are but they're either boring germs and animals or gay idiots like us

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Life after death because it doesn't matter if aliens are real because barring a game-changing revolution in everything we know about physics we would never be able to either visit them or communicate with them meaningfully.

Read "Extraterrestrial Civilizations" by Isaac Asimov. The science in it gets a bit iffy and has by and large been rendered inaccurate by recent developments, but the end thesis of 'there's very likely thousands of human-or-higher-level civilizations in our galaxy alone but thanks to the speed of light barrier there's no practical way to arrange a meeting and even communication will take hundreds of years for the first exchange to be heard lol" is incredibly depressing.

Breetai fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 28, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm okay with that because realistically us meeting an alien culture would result in war and either us or them being decimated or subjugated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

Breetai posted:

barring a game-changing revolution in everything we know about physics

yeah cuz that's never happened before :rolleyes:

• Locked thread