Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm on four hours sleep, been up for 20, chugged a bottle of melatonin and am chewing benadryl like it's loving pez.

Someone get the gently caress over here and hit me in the head with a hammer. I'll give you, like, 50 bucks.

Post what you're doing besides sleeping ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

What is sleep? We just don't know.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whats up venda. heyt, im drunk bro. peace tout, i defy a ban

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

peace trout

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

watching an archer rerun and smoking a joint. Both are good for going to sleep. Highly recommended

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

What is sleep? We just don't know.

It's when you experience things like life, but not real. Like falling from airplanes, getting shot in the chest, knifed in the throat, sex with a hot partner, teeth start falling out and general is a wonderful thing to experience.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Melatonin has never worked for me but it might be because I'm mentally ill and my brain is like really fuckin broken

Instead I just stay up until 7 am three times a week

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ur soul years but; but u think it hte brain, oh mannn

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Crash_N_Burn posted:

watching an archer rerun and smoking a joint. Both are good for going to sleep. Highly recommended

loving pass that poo poo over here, would you?

Picnic Princess posted:

Melatonin has never worked for me but it might be because I'm mentally ill and my brain is like really fuckin broken

poo poo used to work for me. Now it's just candy.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Didn't sleep last night and looks like I'm not gonna sleep tonight. Listening to Sunbather by Deafheaven b/c I feel like listening to some weirdo scream about trees or whatever because I'm so so loving tired but can't sleep so gently caress life

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
What is it with nerds and sleep disorders I swear

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

chewing benadryl like it's loving pez.

I hope you like hallucinating

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Beef Turret posted:

p sure staring at computer screens keeps your brain from shutting off, because unnatural light etc

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Beef Turret posted:

Do you honestly believe you can have a "normal functioning" brain and enjoy the humor of Something Awful Dot Com LLC?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

VendaGoat posted:

Do you honestly believe you can have a "normal functioning" brain and enjoy the humor of Something Awful Dot Com LLC?

Also this

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

VendaGoat posted:

I'm just repeatedly baffled at how common it is that people need pharmacological help for the most basic human functions. You'd think maybe at that point they'd consider some lifestyle changes but no, they just up the dosage

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Hi, Im the goon who thinkinks that posting threads works better than closing xer eyes.

:bang:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Beef Turret posted:

I'm just repeatedly baffled at how common it is that people need pharmacological help for the most basic human functions. You'd think maybe at that point they'd consider some lifestyle changes but no, they just up the dosage

Been this way since I was a wee nerd laddy.

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Hi, Im the goon who thinkinks that posting threads works better than closing xer eyes.

:bang:

There is only so long you can lay in bed, staring at the ceiling.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i read fyad when i have insomnia and i always end up staying wide awake until like 10am

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Beef Turret posted:

The people who did get better got the gently caress off the internet.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Whelp, going go lay down whilst counting sheep and hope I reach the land of nod.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Computer Compouter Computer Compute rComptuer COmputer

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
drink some milk OP

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EnSq37gey0

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tsinava posted:

drink some milk OP

Also put some gin in it for good measure

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I must not sleep. Sleep is the mind-killer. Sleep is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my sleep. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the sleep has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
i thought taking a bunch of melatonin just hosed up your sleep schedule

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

uG posted:

i thought taking a bunch of melatonin just hosed up your sleep schedule

if your sleep schedule cant handle melatonin it and you are a bitch

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Ive been having a rough time sleeping too lately.

My skin looks worse and I feel awful.

Good luck other insomninauts.

:patriot:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I stopped smoking weed temporarily and have been on ciggarrettes and booze and I've been getting restful sleep lately

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

amityville anus posted:

I stopped smoking weed temporarily and have been on ciggarrettes and booze and I've been getting restful sleep lately

cigs and booze make it hard to sleep

as a doctor i think you should smoke more weed

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
this relaxing tea will help me sleep

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Staring at screens will keep your brain running, but sometimes brains don't stop going.
It's annoying.
You can:
1. Drink Sleepytime tea (the one with the snoozing bear)
2. Eat a small amount of orange food
3. Get up and clean your tub (?)
4. Go into another room and read a boring book.
5. Run around a lot earlier in the day (you gotta plan ahead)
6. Get it in bed and wear an eye mask and plugs in your ears
6a. Lie on your back, cross your hands over your chest and breathe steadily
7. Count backwards from 100, visualizing each number being written and then erased
8. No sleep til Brooklyn

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

MOOBS! posted:

As a human being I think you should change your gross rear end avatar.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
one shot of hard liquor with everything you've just taken will cure what ails you. seriously

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Nefarious posted:

one shot of hard liquor with everything you've just taken will cure what ails you. seriously

this isn't an "lol you'll die" thing either. a little bit of alcohol will set off all your sedatives. it's why it's in nyquil

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Nefarious posted:

If you aren't a big drinker this would work.
If you are a lush like most of us it won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MOOBS! posted:

Thanks to obummer not legalizing it and clogging the doctors office I gotta wait 2 months to see the doctor to get my weed card and in that time I will have a real job dealing with retards all day.

• Locked thread