Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

amityville anus posted:

I'm a defense engineer and the commute to my job is so horrible that some days after work when I'm eating dinner with my mom she sits there in silence while I'm fuming. One day I'm gonna snap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIp-0V6YKfQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I can gently caress around on the internet or my cellphone at work when it's slow anyway and have a 15 minute commute

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also lol if you don't have flexible hours. I'm pretty sure I'd get the same, maybe more work done if they just said "meet these goals by this time, we don't care how many hours you work", but being able to decide how to distribute my 80 hours over two weeks is the next best thing

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records
I've worked from home for the last 7 years and it's absolutely spoiled me in terms of future job expectations. If you are a type A, self starter, then you will get way more work done at home than you ever could at 'work"...I'd say my productivity went up by 50% at least, statistically provable in my case.

yeah..gently caress driving to work ever again.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
actually going to work in another location with others is psychologically healthier than working from home. just look at all of us as an example

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 250 days!)

uG posted:

actually going to work in another location with others is psychologically healthier than working from home. just look at all of us as an example

As if any gibbis have jobs. :jerkbag:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Going by hours worked, my full time job is probably shitposting on sa at this point, supported by my part time gig programming mission critical defense systems

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
How else are we supposed to know who's the office dullard?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I do remember a time when my coworkers weren't lame and/or uninteresting people and yah that made it slightly tolerable but I kinda dread having to deal with that again. Way happier spending time around people I'm actually into. I'm totally ready to ride this out until I retire and I hope more people get to do it.

Plus it's good for the planet and such

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I go to work for meetings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

goons complaining about having to leave the house itt

• Locked thread