Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

King Burgundy posted:

BTW gg your game was pretty close to awesome but you hosed up at the end. This goes for all town players in all games but never turbo a player out near the final days of the game without letting them claim. Such a big mistake. I had pig/rurea figured out and night actions pretty much solved but didn't make it to the thread on time.

Even if you had still voted me you would have had the info you needed for town victory.

To be fair to GG, that was a scum-driven turbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh yeah, Rurea was def Scum MVP

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

I agree with this. I was stunned when town tore itself apart. This is not to discredit the work scum did though. Rurea especially did a great job since I wasn't there to counter what he was saying.

Yeah, it wasn't a mod fault or a scum fault, it was all entirely our own fault and it destroyed the game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

To be fair to GG, that was a scum-driven turbo.

Oh absolutely and so the votes should still have told a story even if he didn't unvote in time. I'm guessing no on thought of that since I flipped SK but I was a peace loving SK who was going to help the town until the end. :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

King Burgundy posted:

BTW gg your game was pretty close to awesome but you hosed up at the end. This goes for all town players in all games but never turbo a player out near the final days of the game without letting them claim. Such a big mistake. I had pig/rurea figured out and night actions pretty much solved but didn't make it to the thread on time.

Even if you had still voted me you would have had the info you needed for town victory.

I'm incredibly frustrated with myself at the moment :mad:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GG played a good game

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CapitalistPig posted:

For sure. I think we both did a serviceable job though. Scum cpig is crazy. I think I did an okay job as scum for once.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

The agony of defeat is real haha. It stings so good.

It is definitely a lesson learned. I started reading into poo poo that I shouldn't have and boom, paid the price for it.

A lot of poo poo mid game and late game threw some serious wrenches into collective though of town I feel like. Also emotions ran wild I guess?

When I saw you target Rurea, and that no one else had targeted Rurea. I knew something was up, but I did not know how to put it into words. My pulse literally started racing. I had an Aha! moment, but had no idea how to use it.

Same thing happened(but completely in an incorrect way) at the end when I was like oh my god, Ernie. is the scum...

Turns out he wasn't.

:golfclap:

Rurea, you did great.
Capitalist Pig, Bubba how could you betray us. What about Ma?! Also good job on the fear mongering with that Deathproof claim
Little Mac, you were a hard read with the relative inactivity. I didn't know what to think at all.

Ernie. I know you said you dropped the bookmark, but sorry for not believing you. I read you wrong in CYOR, and I read you wrong here too. :shrug:

e: yeah I edited, we lost.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It really needs to be put into some rules somewhere to NEVER TURBO in lylo and you shouldn't even vote until everyone has had a chance to weigh in.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

It really needs to be put into some rules somewhere to NEVER TURBO in lylo and you shouldn't even vote until everyone has had a chance to weigh in.

Yeah. :)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
On a positive note, I didn't post as one of my alt accounts this game! I finally figured out toilet posting too.

Pre-sign, if you'll all have this scrub again.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Capitalist Pig, Bubba how could you betray us. What about Ma?! Also good job on the fear mongering with that Deathproof claim

LOL I forgot about that!

That was a fun game with a weird story.

I should play more forums rpgs again

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

LOL I forgot about that!

That was a fun game with a weird story.

I should play more forums rpgs again

I read that whole game incidentally

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

:boom:

It helped that my powerset could be interpreted as the towniest town powers ever

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also just wanna say THANK YOU to Byers for this awesome game with crazy awesome roles / flavor. I had a lot of fun.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Rurea posted:

:boom:

It helped that my powerset could be interpreted as the towniest town powers ever

It was good, you played it really well too. I didn't even suspect you until we got close to the end.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I read that whole game incidentally

:respek:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Rurea posted:

Also just wanna say THANK YOU to Byers for this awesome game with crazy awesome roles / flavor. I had a lot of fun.

Same.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also feel like I bonded with Little Mac and Cpig. Would scumteam again 10/10

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rurea posted:

Also feel like I bonded with Little Mac and Cpig. Would scumteam again 10/10

:hfive:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

This game was the raddest. I am sad that I did not get to do karaoke, since I just got home from work to find the game over. Welp.

This was a lot of fun and more intriguing than a standard role madness, since here everyone had stuff that would be completely unfeasible in a normal game, it seemed to provide more player agency.

Either way, I am king of mixtapes, that can't be taken away from me. Presign for the next one.

I actually do have a karaoke-themed setup I've been kicking around, but it's pretty far down my personal queue.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Im sad because now I dont have anyone to talk to in the scumdoc :(

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'm awake what did i miss

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Oh the game's over. jesus christ it was almost impossible to post in this game but i expected to be pretty busy and not around in this thread much and told byers so~

I can't believe i got not 1 but 4 people convinced i was in the game by doing random actions. That poo poo is hilarious.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I found a video of hiipfire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1a4gmuCiqU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Byers2142 posted:

:siren: Day 4 5 Challenge: Why Can't We Be Friends? :siren:

None of my judges came back, so I've been forced to select the winner on my own. As such, I declare AnonymousNarcotics the winner! In my next CYOS, Anon Narco is allowed to submit a Double Album for her role.

Does this mean a literal double album or that I can submit two songs? I have no idea what a double album is.

• Locked thread