Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
:siren: Fate/Unlimited Blade Works Season 1 Thread

Staff
Director: Takahiro Miura
Music: Hideyuki Fukasawa
Studio: ufotable
Original Creator: Kinoko Nasu
Original Character Design: Takashi Takeuchi
Art Director: Koji Eto
Opening: "Brave Shine" by Aimer
Ending: "ring your bell" by Kalafina

Props to Paracelsus for the thread title because we all know we're gonna be in for a fun time.
EDIT: Now with an appropriate quote from the show.

SUMMARY
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works is an adaption of the 2004 visual novel by Type-Moon. The events take place 10 years after Fate/Zero. And in case you forgot what the story is about :

Anime News Network posted:

Shirō Emiya finds himself drawn into a battle to the death between seven magi called Masters, where each commands the spirit of a hero of legend called a Servant in pursuit of having one wish granted by the legendary Holy Grail. In this battle, Shirō will finally have the chance to face the ghosts of his past, and to find his path to face his dreams and his future. Through the power of the Holy Grail, his wish will finally come true, for a hero of justice must have an evil to defeat.

Last season, we left off with Shirou losing his Servant Saber to the enemy Servant, Caster and Tohsaka Rin telling him to gently caress off and not get involved in the Holy Grail War anymore. Meanwhile, everyone's favorite priest Kotomine is also seemingly hosed over by Caster who's taken over the Fuyuki Church, Lancer watches on, Ilya and Berserker are getting ready to fight again, and our King of Heroes is stuck with Wakame Matou Shinji for the time being.

CHARACTERS

Emiya Shirou: Our protagonist who wants to be a hero of justice although his skills as a magi suck; he was saved from the Great Fire from 10 years ago by Emiya Kiritsugu. He's kind of leveled up, but last we left him, he was severely injured and lost Saber to Caster. Will he stop being dumb and be able to survive the rest of the War?? Dissenters say neigh.

Tohsaka Rin: Insulting Rin is a bannable offense. Our other protagonist and main heroine. She's the daughter of Tohsaka Tokiomi and the heir to the Tohsaka bloodline; overall, a talented magus. She wants to be a magus her father would be proud of by winning the Fifth War, but her emotions and sentimentality often butt in. Rin teamed up with Shirou in the first season after trying and failing to treat him as an enemy. Now that Shirou doesn't have a Servant, Rin's put up a cold facade, telling him to not get involved in the War anymore and thus bamf'ed off with her Servant, Archer.

Saber: Takeuchi's number one waifu. The King of Knights and Shirou's Servant, at least until last season's finale. A serious fighter who could still do a number on other Servants despite Shirou being a garbage Master. She chose not to reveal her identity to Shirou or how she was involved in the Fourth Holy Grail War as Emiya Kiritsugu's Servant. Last season, she was stabbed by Caster's Noble Phantasm, Rule Breaker, and thus her contract with Shirou was severed and currently she's unwillingly under Caster's command.

Archer: The coolest motherfucker. The Servant of Tohsaka Rin. A hero whose identity remains unknown for now. He has a sardonic personality, but he works well with Rin, although he finds her sentimentality a liability for the Holy Grail War. He often clashes with Shirou and outright tries to kill him, mocking his ideals about heroism. He seems to be familiar with Saber. The flashbacks of his past reveal that he hasn't had a happy life. Last seen, bamfing off with Rin, both intent on finishing and winning the War.

:siren:SPOILER BULLCRAP:siren:

I'll just quote Beef Waifu because I'm lazy and this largely concerns Fate/Zero stuff so:

Beef Waifu posted:

Also if I see any black bars I'm probating. If I see any Squidsters I will be laughing.

Beef Waifu posted:

Now, while FSN is a separate entity from Fate/Zero for the most part, there should be no spoiler tags for Fate/Zero. I recommend if you have not seen Fate/Zero, go do so now. All 26 episodes are on Netflix right now, dubbed even, so in case you want to like do something else while watching it, you can. Now, FZ was made after FSN, nothing in FZ directly spoils you on anything from FSN. So that also being said... shut the gently caress up about the anime from 2006. It's not a good anime and it covers a part of the series that literally no one likes over the other two, but it still has elements from Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel not to mention the personalities of certain characters who come back from FZ. Oh yeah, don't talk about the UBW movie either, obviously. That being said, you do not NEED to see FZ to enjoy UBW. After all, it was made before FZ was so pretty much anyone who was a fan of Fate enjoyed these stories far before Kiritsugu's mental breakdown was shown in glorious 1080p. UBW is by and large its own self-contained story, by some things from FZ will still tickle you in a certain way.

Speaking of spoilers: :siren: Type-Moon Megathread for all your sperging and spoilery discussion needs. If you want to talk about the upcoming Fate/Heaven's Feel movies, keep it to that thread as well.

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X8ZBVgairo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGzr2MYgTDw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jVs_9Ug8QA

The season will premiere on TV at midnight on April 4 (technically, April 5). Seattle's Sakura-Con will host the U.S. premiere at the same time. Aniplex USA, Hulu and Crunchyroll are the streaming services for UBW S2. Get hype bitches.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

But will we finally see Saber's bare breasts on television?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This series is loving awful and nothing in the type-moon universe is worth spending any time on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

This series is loving awful and nothing in the type-moon universe is worth spending any time on.
i disagree but you are entitled to your opinion. may peace be with you, traveler.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tell me about the anus

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

The Devil Tesla posted:

And yet here we are.

Please continue to watch Ping Pong anime and live a happy life Devil Tesla.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Toscanas anus or whatever.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
off to a rollicking good start in this thread I see

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you want an anime with historical context and magic try Maria the Virgin Witch. If you want superpower teenagers there are billions of better shows to choose from. If you want both together, well, I'm sorry I can't help you but don't watch a fate series.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

If you want an anime with historical context and magic try Maria the Virgin Witch. If you want superpower teenagers there are billions of better shows to choose from. If you want both together, well, I'm sorry I can't help you but don't watch a fate series.
I disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion. For you make Him most blessed forever; you make Him glad with the joy of your presence.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

Actually, you should watch a fate series, because they're good

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Besides, it's too late if you're posting this in the season 2 thread.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You know what's a cool anime? Princess Jellyfish. This is now a thread about Princess Jellyfish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc0rPdcyaUo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That show/manga was pretty overrated IMO.

Fate's OK though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

You know what's a cool anime? Princess Jellyfish. This is now a thread about Princess Jellyfish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc0rPdcyaUo

This thread is actually about Unlimited Blade Works, as the thread title and OP suggests

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You are perfectly able to make a thread for Princess Jellyfish if you want to, Devil Tesla. I also like Princess Jellyfish and would enjoy discussing it, but this thread is not the proper place for it. The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gas and restore other thread, imo

whats the point of making an op for an eroge when theres not even some good breasts gifs

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I for one am excited for more Unlimited Blade Works. Archer and Rin are both very cool.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Nice to see this thread living up to it's title in one page. You can even call it Unlimited poo poo Works.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

You are perfectly able to make a thread for Princess Jellyfish if you want to, Devil Tesla. I also like Princess Jellyfish and would enjoy discussing it, but this thread is not the proper place for it. The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I do not think the holocaust and fate/stay night are comparable, Devil Tesla, and in fact find it very hosed up that you would make that comparison, even as a joke.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

I do not think the holocaust and fate/stay night are comparable, Devil Tesla, and in fact find it very hosed up that you would make that comparison, even as a joke.

Looks like he's got some growing up to do.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

You forgot to educate me about the lord this time, which is a shame.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

You forgot to educate me about the lord this time, which is a shame.
I ran out of quotes. I only remember so much of sunday school.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sunday school is bad unlike Fate and Princess Jellyfish.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also if I see any black bars I'm probating. If I see any Squidsters I will be laughing.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
What kind of heroic spirit is Hitler, and how big are her boobies.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

has anyone ever said unlimited babe works? if not, just throwing that out there

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have but unrelated to this

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Devil Tesla posted:

Are there any better shows for watching weirdo anime versions of recognizable historical and mythological figures have crazy DBZ fights? Because that's pretty much the appeal of Fate to me and I can't really think of anything else that does that. And regardless of its flaws, Fate honestly does that pretty loving well.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

this shows aiight.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Davincie posted:

has anyone ever said unlimited babe works? if not, just throwing that out there

Yes, Archer is quite the babe.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Are there any better shows for watching weirdo anime versions of recognizable historical and mythological figures have crazy DBZ fights? Because that's pretty much the appeal of Fate to me and I can't really think of anything else that does that. And regardless of its flaws, Fate honestly does that pretty loving well.

try playing a tecmo koei game or watch one of the anime adaptions

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please do not play Tecmo Koei games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Beef Waifu posted:

Pirate Warriors 3 soon!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
hosed around/updated the OP post for spoiler bullcrap and because my grammar is also bullcrap.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

play atelier

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

they're all good and if you don't think so you are an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

they're all good and if you don't think so you are an idiot

DoA is bad and so are 3/4s of the Warriors games.

Endorph posted:

play atelier

This is true.

• Locked thread