Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

doa does not feature historical characters!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I almost reported whoever suggested Princess Jellyfish, I got so mad.

Don't taint the purity of my Fate/Stay Night fandom, you heartless loving villain.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Peace friend. Fate and Kuragehime are both ok and good. Kakukaku Shikajika by the author from the latter is better though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

doa does not feature historical characters!!

Have you played blamestorm? That games really dope. I want to try the new release they did on ps4

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Sharkopath posted:

Have you played blamestorm? That games really dope. I want to try the new release they did on ps4

Bladestorm was cool, but it got really grindy. Seeing their interpretation of Gilles de Rais as my first introduction to the person made seeing Caster in Fate/Zero pretty jarring. And I will say DoA 5: LR is a guilty pleasure. Mila and Tina rule.

As for the show, I'm looking forward to it, and I'll probably be making a ton of gifs again!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

ill pick it up on sale since im still playing sw4, 5 months after i got it

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

What kind of heroic spirit is Hitler, and how big are her boobies.

She's German.

So, super huge.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Compendium posted:

Peace friend. Fate and Kuragehime are both ok and good. Kakukaku Shikajika by the author from the latter is better though.

On the other hand while I like it suggesting Maria as better than FSN is god drat hysterical.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If the thumbnails on the Funimation youtube channel tell me anything, it's that it probably has more boob than both seasons of UBW has combined.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rodyle posted:

On the other hand while I like it suggesting Maria as better than FSN is god drat hysterical.

It's nowhere near as pretty, but it does handle and present its themes more gracefully, if that's what you look for in a show. As fun as it is, it's hard to dispute that Fate's writing is pretty juvenile.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Graceful presentation like having your zealous priest turn around and suddenly leap forward through centuries of philosophy because the witch did a nice thing for an old lady.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rodyle posted:

It's way better.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I prefer anime when its writing is more juvenile so that works out.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

It's way better.
Mm, no.

E: the other huge problem is Maria is a backstory black hole who just apparently walked out of the woods one day acting like a modern Japanese teenager

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Graceful presentation like having your zealous priest turn around and suddenly leap forward through centuries of philosophy because the witch did a nice thing for an old lady.

We're talking comparatively. And that was pretty obviously a case of a very wound-up guy taking one tiny push to unwind all over the place.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beef Waifu posted:

I prefer anime when its writing is more juvenile so that works out.

Maria the Virgin Witch is pretty juvenile also, but it's snappy and fun which puts it leagues above fate which doesn't even function as entertainment.

Rodyle posted:

That scene ruled, actually.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Devil Tesla posted:

Maria the Virgin Witch is pretty juvenile also, but it's snappy and fun which puts it leagues above fate which doesn't even function as entertainment.

Stop posting

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

That scene ruled, actually.

I mean it's cool that the author did his research I just wish he could make Bernard a good villain or that Taniguchi could make him credible via good directing :shrug:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I can understand having a hate boner for Fate, but try to be more truthful despite your hate and admit to yourself that there are people who do find well animated action scenes entertaining.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not liking f/sn: a normal thing

posting constantly in the f/sn thread about how much you don't like f/sn: not a normal thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean if you were being funny at all like Dick Spacious was, I would possibly let it slide. However, posts like the Devil Tesla's are insufferable and worse than some of the other posting that's going to happen in this thread, don't do it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Mm, no.

E: the other huge problem is Maria is a backstory black hole who just apparently walked out of the woods one day acting like a modern Japanese teenager

What are the amines you like

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you lie... I'll know!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like JoJo's BIzarre Adventure.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

What are the amines you like

A lot of them but Baccano tops the list.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

I mean if you were being funny at all like Dick Spacious was, I would possibly let it slide. However, posts like the Devil Tesla's are insufferable and worse than some of the other posting that's going to happen in this thread, don't do it.
having some actual interesting criticism would also help

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd like to think the last thread proved that's not true.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

I'd like to think the last thread proved that's not true.
nobody in that thread had actual interesting criticism though

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's what I meant.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Which thread is worse, the UBW one or the JoJos one.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There wasn't a stand generator in the UBW one, so it's not that one for sure.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dang surprised no one posted the noble phantasm generator.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rodyle posted:

A lot of them but Baccano tops the list.

You have to do more than one!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The stand generator was still better than three pages of people arguing about Alessi being a pedo.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You have to post 37, in ascending order.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

The stand generator was still better than three pages of people arguing about Alessi being a pedo.

That too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

You have to post 37, in ascending order.

I don't think I'm going to do that.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Even though I like this series there's a lot to criticize about it, which makes it all the more mystifying that most criticisms of this show are about the dumbest things. It's obviously subjective but reading Fate threads actually make me a little bit less bothered about the its flaws, just because the discussion of them is so bad.

On the other hand I don't really understand the fascination with Servants and the Grail War system in general. I feel like Nasu's worldbuilding and system mechanics are plain technobabble that wouldn't be out of place in a budget JRPG. Whoever translates things like Noble Phantasms and Heaven's Feels and other Capitalized McGuffins must have a hard time.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Redmark posted:

On the other hand I don't really understand the fascination with Servants and the Grail War system in general.

wizards in the modern day or the future summoning mythological figures to beat the crap out of each other for a wish is a really good premise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rodyle posted:

I don't think I'm going to do that.

Then I won't think nice things about you!!

• Locked thread