Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Look Around You posted:

Yes i'm not sure it's the coaching honestly. I mean this kind of poo poo happend under bylsma too, but we got to bitch about absolutely baffling strategy and line combinations instead of just... poor performance.

Bylsma was not the kind of coach that was big on convincing players to work hard either. The team clicked so hard when he replaced Therrien exactly because he was everything Therrien is not. But now, as often happens, the team has swung completely in the opposite direction and are now at a point where they need Therrien or someone like him to bring them back toward balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
:siren: Well done!

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Hells yeah Rangers :bubblewoop:

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
:siren: They sure cooked up a good play!

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Honestly even at the beginning of the year i accepted that we probably wouldn't go too far because it's very obviously a transition year. I'm not sure I want to pin much of this on the coaching, and I like almost every move JR's made so far. It does seem like it's discipline and just lack of defensive effort, but i'm not too sure how much a coach can do about that tbh...

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Also, Isles, you need to not lose tonight TIA

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
ROBBLE ROBBLE THE HAMBURGULAR IS DEAD :siren:

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
How is Nashville's PP so bad?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Of course it's still popularly believed that Johnston was hired exactly because he's a nobody that can keep the seat warm for a year and then be fired without incident to make room for Babcock.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Boy are Penguins fans whiny.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
nashville's powerplay is great at swinging the momentum for the other team. what a loving failure.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Greening has more icetime than the Pageau line :laugh:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Also it would be hilarious and endlessly entertaining for the two months it would last if they hired Torts. I wouldn't be shocked at all to wake up some morning and read that Malkin had flipped out and strangled him to death or vice versa.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Oh hey Santorelli did a thing :siren::siren::siren:

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Ah good. The Jets are safe for 2 more minutes.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
SANTORELLI SCORED A GOAL IN THE NHL :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah, I'm actually kinda pissed off and ranting now in case it wasn't obvious. I can handle rooting for bad but I really don't like rooting for lazy and undisciplined.

It's worse when you paid to be at the game. Bennet is the only one playing full strength tonight.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

I mean I don't know if you're watching the game, but if you were, a lot of the lapses and stuff are really apparent and super frustrating.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Yay Cats! Yay Leafs! :toot:

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

:siren:huby and kampfer :siren:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Wow, the Jets' PK is really passive. Habs might actually score a PP goal tonight.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

I don't know what team you follow but boy are their fans jerks
:smith:
Let us have this. This must be what teachers feel like watching their talented students doing poorly 'cause they just blow off class all the time.

Mustard Plant
Jun 16, 2003

NOBODY DOES GAY LIKE THE COMMONWEALTH OF PA

Canes have 15 SOG according to the board here, probably why we're bitching.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Santorelli... Good player?

Bye bye Bishop!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

uhhhhh Jets, the PP is over already......

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Santorelli... Good player?

Bye bye Bishop!

conversely: santorelli scored on him, so he got pulled

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Yandle's on the 3rd pairing :stare:

gently caress that's scary depth

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Ducks are going to single-handedly (actually Perry's out there for they might 2 hand it too) fix Boston's penalty differential.

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!

Thufir posted:

How is Nashville's PP so bad?

It seems they almost never establish possession in the offensive zone on the power play by skating the puck in They either dump it in or if the defenseman carries it in he then just rings it around the boards where the forwards then lose the puck to the other team to then clear it out. It's so frustrating.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I don't know what team you follow but boy are their fans jerks
:smith:
Let us have this. This must be what teachers feel like watching their talented students doing poorly 'cause they just blow off class all the time.

I don't think anyone is entitled to whine until they drop 3 games to Buffalo

Unless they themselves are fans of Buffalo

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Nice save by Lu that puck was loose and dribbling towards the line.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

mich posted:

It seems they almost never establish possession in the offensive zone on the power play by skating the puck in They either dump it in or if the defenseman carries it in he then just rings it around the boards where the forwards then lose the puck to the other team to then clear it out. It's so frustrating.

here's a 30 second breakdown by stu grimson talking about what the powerplay did well

Grebo
Mar 29, 2012

2015-2016
2016-2017
2017-2018
2018-2019

BRUINS DEFENSE
How the gently caress are Florida up 2-0 this early?

Oh. Toronto.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

And that'll be the dumb penalty of the night for Prust

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I have no idea why Prust is rated so high in EHM.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

The Dirty Burger posted:

Greening has more icetime than the Pageau line :laugh:

To be fair, those two, Lazar, and Legwand are the only players I haven't noticed make mistakes tonight.

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
Jesus Christ Pavelec. When did he get good?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

What is up with Pavelec lately???

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

This just in, goalies have random hot streaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

PEKKA RINNE :stare:

• Locked thread