Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Orchid

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1
Harm 0/4| XP 2| Conditions:

Orchid pulled out of the parking lot and motored on out of the area of the school, headed straight towards the outskirts of town where she could park off and get some space from all that ridiculousness. "She'll be fine." She turned to look at Summer, as if pondering something for a moment. "She kinda..well. Don't tell anybody this, not even her, but I've seen her die and come back." She had no idea why she was trusting the girl with this kind of information, but gently caress it, nobody would believe her even if she did blab. "She got bit by a snake, for real, during one of those shows her dad puts on. They just..put her back there. I broke her out and tried to get her help. Long story short she didn't make it, and then she just...started breathing again."

She shrugged her shoulders, trying to put it off like it was no big deal, but it was pretty obvious by the look on her face that it was something that bothered her quite a bit. "It's crazy I know but it has me thinking. What if like, faeries and unicorns and stuff exist too? I mean I know what I saw. I just...don't know how to explain it."

Sighing, she pulled off the main roads and rolled on into an empty parking lot, shutting off the van and going to relax in the back on one of her comfy as hell beanbag chairs. "gently caress my life, I was just hoping for a fun day not all this."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1 Integrity: 0
Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions:

Wow, really? That's AMAZING. So Mara died during church, and then came back? Did God bless her too? I mean, if she came back from the dead like Orchid says, it has to be that, right? It's still really sucky she got hit by a brick, but if she'll be ok like Orchid is saying... and of course everything she's saying is true, it's Orchid. She's really honest, she wouldn't just make this stuff up.

So there are other people that are blessed! I'm not the only one!

"I believe you, about Mara." I state happily. "As for, well I don't know about Faeries. That'd be cool, right? If they were real?" Ok, she really trusted me with the thing about Mara. And to get her shirt back, which I messed up. So I owe her, right? The least I can do is trust her. She's been so honest. Mom and dad wouldn't want you to. Maneuvering into the back of the van with her, where to sit... there's a couple options, but with Orchid on her beanbag seems the best choice. I plop down next to her, glad for the privacy of the van and her companionship.

Ok, here goes.

"Unicorns are real. Or at least Unicorn, uh, singular." Watching her closely to try to gauge her reaction, I point towards myself. "Uhh... I'm one... and no, not a horse with a horn."

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Apr 2, 2015

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Orchid

Orchid looked over Summer, raising a brow but otherwise not showing much reaction. "Cool." She reached over and grabbed a metal cylinder and a pipe. She screwed open the pipe to show some ground up pot in it and with a practiced hand loaded up a bowl. A lighter seemed to just appear in her hand and she took a nice, long hit off the pipe, letting the smoke sit in her lungs for a few seconds before blowing the smoke out and sinking further into her chair. "So, can you heal wounds and cure sickness and stuff? Or is it granting wishes..."

She paused for a moment, thinking on it before realizing she wasn't exactly sure what kind of powers unicorns were supposed to have. "Or something. I dunno." She moved her beanbag to be right next to Summer, just sort of enjoying the proximity. "I think you're a pretty unicorn though. Very soft, very kissable lips." She gave a little smirk and a wink. "So, I am just going to assume that you've never smoked, am I right?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:2 - I hadn't realised this was still Scene 1, Harm 1, Conditions: Terrified.

OOC: I'll use this scene and Satiety to clear the Rebel condition. After that sort of display from Mark the old order is rapidly fading.

I smile my thanks at Summer and let her help me up, trying not to grin at the chaos caused. And then let Amy support me for the rest of the limp to the nurse's office. Which frees Mayonnaise up to open doors and bellow at people and then go back to his office the second we're at the nurse. No one wants blood all over them. And it will allow me a chance to hand over a long hoodie and a barely school-legal skirt (hey, I'm shallow) without trouble. And there's no point trying to make this even more memorable - that would just look crass.

(End of scene? Everyone's in one place or another).

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders
Hot: -1 Cold: 2 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 3 | Conditions: Guilty, Heartbreaker, Scary!

Mark reels back. I can hear him grinding. CAn other people hear that? I can taste his fear. Yeah, gently caress you, Mark, you self-righteous rear end in a top hat. I could do it, I could change him right here. That'd show him. Nobody would question me, I'd get what I want and I'd show them all...

...I'd....show them all?

My eyes dart away and down to the floor. No, no, life's too hard already. Don't need to add 'known monster' on top of that. My heart starts to go back to normal, my blood cooling as I stand back up. Summer helps Mara up, then passes her over to me. I mouth 'thank you' to the blonde, then head off with Mara towards the nurse's office. Mayo clears the way and opens doors and looks generally officious. Finally we're there, and I drop Mara into a waiting chair, landing next to her. They'll have to get the nurse, she does like, five jobs, thanks to budget cuts.

That leaves me and Mara alone for at least a few minutes. I breathe heavily, looking at her. "You're a crazy bitch, you know that?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:2, Harm 1, Conditions: Terrified.

"Really?" I smirk. "I thought I was a careless man's careful daughter." And now I'm quoting Taylor Swift. "But would you like me half as much if I wasn't?" I raise one eyebrow, holding the rag against the wound for now as my eyes flicker to her lips. There's already enough blood on me to make me look like a refugee from a horror film. "And we need to talk. This evening at mine?" Why no, I don't consider anywhere at school secure. "And I think we've both got a lot to talk about?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders
Hot: -1 Cold: 2 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1

"I didn't say it was bad," I mutter back at Mara, trying to steal a look at her. If I make eye contact, I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself. Busting out my monster on Mark still has me keyed up, and I know how things went when I used it on Grace, so.....yeah, I'm not looking at Mara yet.

"Okay," I say. "Um...oh. Clothes," I say. I'd been clutching them in my free hand through all this, but thankfully they're blood free. Somehow, looking at myself now, just getting milk on me seems like not a problem at all. "I'll go change, see you later," I say. "And...yeah, I think we do. Your place." I pull away and pause. "But, the pep rally?" I ask.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

She... doesn't seem that impressed? Just going ahead and smoking like she didn't just make out with a mythological creature. Of course, given what she guessed I can do as opposed to what I'm actually capable of, she doesn't really have any reason to be impressed, does she? I mean... can't heal illnesses, grant wishes, anything like that. Just get to be slightly nicer than I would be otherwise, and see that in other people. Not all that impressive, really. Especially if Mara came back from the dead! That's a way bigger deal than the little things I can do.

Laying back against her and the beanbag, I watch her take a hit off the pipe with morbid fascination, blowing out a huge plume of smoke that swirls around the back of the vehicle. I'm kinda not a huge fan of how it smells, but the big smoke cloud does look cool. It's almost hard to figure out what to do; today has been so atypical that I'm out of my element. Explain being a unicorn to her? Talk about drugs? Uhh, see if she wants to keep making out?

Have I smoked before? "Uhh, no... I, uh..." The right thing to do is tell her what I think, even if it might make her mad. "I, uh, I'd rather not do drugs. Wish you wouldn't, uh, either..." I'm not going to stop her, though - how would I do that? Try and take her things away from her, play keep away in the back of her van? I mean, she knows I'm not mad at her or anything like that, right?

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"After it." I smile. She'll recognise the skirt I've brought - it looks perfectly modest and knee length, but the lower half is very light so it flares from the upper thigh whenever I turn. Legit by the dress code, but handle it well and it really shouldn't be. "I wouldn't cut it. Even if dressed like this I wasn't incredibly visible." I bite my lip for a fraction - there are sometimes problems to visibility. Like the fact I need to put my plans for the Pep Rally to one side as I can't not look noticeable right now. And I want to remain above suspicion until Monday. Acting on an impulse I rarely feel I give her a quick one-armed hug, bloody side of me away from her.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders
Hot: -1 Cold: 2
Volatile: -1 Dark: 1

"Yeah. Okay, then," I say. I could probably stay over, mom tends to let me get away with such things these days. I shifts the clothes in my hands as Mara hugs me, and....she gave me what? Mara, you saucy girl. Wonderful. "Meet you there. And like....try not to hurt yourself again," I say. "I hate seeing it."

With that I turn and head for the door.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Orchid chuckled and shook her head. "It's not drugs. It's a plant. Not manufactured, doesn't fry your brain unless you do dabs, which are manufactured concentrated bits of THC, and thus in my opinion are drugs." She wanted to offer the girl some, but she wanted Summer completely sober for a bit. Setting her pipe down, she rolled out of her beanbag and plopped down straddling Summer.

She leaned down, giving the unicorn a deep kiss and unashamedly feeling her up over her clothes. If Orchid had anything to say about it they'd be doing way more than just making out. "So. Definitely nobody is going to interrupt us here. You wanna finish what we started earlier~?" She moved in and gave her another gentle bite on the neck, still in her right mind enough to not want to leave any marks that would go getting her in trouble. At least, not where anybody was going to see them.

Setting up potential fade

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hot: -1 / Cold: -1 / Volatile: +2 / Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 2 | Conditions: Loser, Drained

Paimon never does anything for free, so I'm guessing he Wants Some poo poo Done. Lame. Maybe it won't be so bad, though? I mean, the dude's not in the habit of letting me down -- if he says he's got a good deal going, all I can do is listen. Like hell I wanna get on his bad side.

I stash the suit in a janitor's closet nearby for easy access before the rally; somebody'll miss it, but that's not my problem. Thank god for whatever-the-gently caress's going on down the hall, it's like being invisible with how distracted everyone is, so nobody even notices me dragging the drat thing. (Is it the band kids, still? Jesus, I never thought them for that kind of troublemaker; I thought getting high under the bleachers was the worst they got up to.) I'll have to ask around later or something; my phone's been buzzing like crazy, but I've been ignoring it for bigger poo poo on my mind.

With all that out of the way, I guess I'm headed for the nurse's office. I've only been in there a few times; usually when I get in a fight I'll run off before Mayes or whoever can strong-arm me into getting looked at. As I'm walking with my head in the clouds I nearly faceplant into Amy as she's making her exit, just barely sidestepping in time. "poo poo, sorry," I mutter reflexively as I walk past, then quickly stop -- it's not her I'm supposed to be finding, is it? Nah, probably not. Even if it were, I don't have any problem with her. But she doesn't strike me as the type: she's reactive, from what I've seen of her.

So imagine my surprise when I let myself into the nurse's office and there's Mara Stevens, perfect little Christian girl (until this morning), battered and bloodstained. "Wait, you?" I can't stop myself from saying. What kind of game are you playing here, Paimon? I give her head wound a glance and add, "So did someone without sin decide to cast the first stone, or what?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"I..." Orchid stopped doing drugs when I asked, she's on top of me, we're kissing... I can't shake the feeling that this isn't right, somehow - but that doesn't stop it from being really amazing. Reaching a hand around her, I grab her butt to pull her closer, grinning when I see her expression.

"That sounds great." I assure her, not entirely certain about the specifics. Unless it's just more of what we did earlier? I, uh, I don't know a lot about lesbians. Which I guess includes me now, so I should probably study up, huh? We have a few hours till I have to be to track practice, after all...

Fade

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Fast forward a couple of hours~

"drat~" Orchid was currently hiding under a soft, thin blanket, cuddled up to Summer on the floor of her van. Every now and then she'd give a little kiss to the back of the girls head, but other than that was quite happy to just enjoy being in such close contact. It had taken more than a little instruction, but once Summer got it, she -got it.- "I..don't think I've ever been with a girl who was so.....enthusiastic and flexible."

She was currently on cloud 9, between the earlier tokes and what had just been going on her whole body just felt cuddly and fuzzy in a good way. "How're you feeling?" Now that all the hormones were dying down a bit, she was curious to see what the girl thought about the whole thing. I mean, it was all brand new to her after all.

+1 string on Summer. From the move.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I look up from my phone, surprised. I'd just read the texts and was starting to delve into Twitter while waiting for the nurse. "Someone without aim threw the only stone." I smirk very slightly. "They couldn't hit the broad side of a van door. And then Mark dropped me to the ground like a Priest on a holy day rather than doing anything to help. I'm sure he had more important things to be doing." I sound sincere. However barbed some of those comments were. "But why 'wait, me'?" I'm curious. Connor was clearly surprised to see me and had me as the person he was looking for. I don't know what's going here and that's ... interesting.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

"Little bird told me someone was planning trouble for the pep rally. Said I should make myself, uh, convenient." Right, that doesn't sound suspicious at all, I think, mentally rolling my eyes at myself. "I've got a sixth sense for people who need help stirring up poo poo. but uh."

I shift my weight, leaning against a low counter, and give Mara an appraising look. What do I know about her? Pretty much nothing, aside from that she's in the Christian Association, which is like oil to my water. They're a boring group of judgmental assholes who think they're better than everyone else because they have Jesus or whatever. Mara made a huge show of being not-that this morning, which kills off even the assumptions. Girl's a blank slate. That's uncomfortable.

~ Why her? You're not just fuckin' with me here, are you? ~ I ask Paimon distractedly. ~ Gimme some ammo here. ~

(Using my Uncanny Voices bargain; Paimon gets a string. neonchameleon reveals "one of [Mara's] secret fears, secret desires, secret strengths (they choose.)")

"You never woulda been my first guess, that's all. Not before today, at least."

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I frown. I guess this is part of Orchid's apology, recruiting me some help. And something makes me think he can be useful. I need to be sure, but I want to tell him exactly what I have planned (and for once show off how skilled a planner I am) and let him take over.

I gesture at myself. "Even if I'd been planning how 'stir poo poo up', I can hardly walk round the school inconspicuously right now." I use my free hand to gesture at my blood-spattered white shirt. "I mean, seriously. I couldn't walk through a library without three people saying something right now." And I can hear a touch of disappointment in my voice as I say that. More than I normally show; I put it down to the head injury. I then smile slightly. "Any theoretical plans that I may or may not have would have to be changed for whoever put them into practice." And if he doesn't see through that nonsense about any theoretical plans he's not worth being an ally. "So what skills do you have, Connor? With the first question being whether you can help bandage me so the nurse can keep doing her paperwork?"

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

"Yeah, sure." Not like I know where the nurse keeps everything, so I set about looking through cupboards for bandages and poo poo. I've probably been cracked on the head at least that bad before; when you don't have anyone to kiss it and make it all better, you pick up first aid pretty quick. First thing's probably to clean it proper, so I get to doing that, being careful and gentle as I mop the blood out of her hair.

"Uh. I'm sneaky, clever, and bored out of my mind. Unless you want me to bomb the place or somethin', I can probably make it happen." She's asking, so I don't see any reason not to be honest. I really have nothing to lose here. "An' this might sting, sorry," I add, dousing a cotton ball in some antiseptic. Ain't no reason not to be thorough.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"Just a sec." I smile, taking a Selfie with a bloody mouth from my bad side. I'll put it up when I've dealt with Connor. "Twitter's enjoying today." I've seen the number of messages I have. It's scary. "You do realise that I'm just speculating here? I don't expect you to take me seriously or actually do any of it?" Yes, I'm protesting too much. I think he knows that. "I don't know how much you know about causing chaos? And whether you can pick locks, balance well, and know anything about electronics?" All relevant questions. Because there's no point giving part of my plan to a klutz although I can probably come up with workrounds.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

All speculative -- yeah, sure, whatever keeps her smelling like roses. Not my problem. "If I were clumsy I'd prob'ly be dead, and uh -- I'm not an expert or nothin', but it wouldn't be my first time fuckin' around with the school systems. Theoretically." I smile crookedly. "Remember sophomore year, when all the clocks started running backwards and nobody could figure it out for like, half a week?" I'm not even gonna pretend I'm not proud of that one. The bells kept ringing at the weirdest times, and it turned everything into a disorganized mess until they hired some professionals to fix it. Good times, good times.

"Why all the pictures, anyway?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"Have you seen what's going on on my Twitter?" I raise one eyebrow and smile. "And that was you? Then there are things I really shouldn't tell you about this school. Like the fact Broncho is stored right in the back of the second gym store room, the catch to the third skylight on the right hand side of the gym is broken so it opens by hand from the outside, and you'll need 20' of climbing rope from the same store room to make Broncho's feet brush the ground if you just throw him in. But that's beginner stuff."

My smile widens innocently. "Another thing I shouldn't tell you is that the old PA system is all rigged in parallel. Stick the output cables from an amp into the front of one and all the ones in the circuit will play whatever you feed them. And although there's no actual speaker in there, the Janitor's closet on the first floor near the gym has an input and output wire for the amp system in there which you can attach directly to the amp cables. There's also a plug socket in the bottom of the closet." I shrug. "And if you do take over the PA that way they will assume it was someone in the AV room. There are plenty of ways to block entry including gluing the lock that will make them certain." I'm unaware at this point that I've pointed him straight at where he stashed Broncho. But there's far more to come. Even so I watch him to check that he's following.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

When I finish bandaging Mara up I flip open my phone, taking attentive mental notes as she details what definitely isn't her plan to ruin the rally. Sure enough, at least half of everyone I'm following's been retweeting Mara's bloody selfies, with or without comment. "That's a good look on you," I say, not entirely sarcastically.

So the PA's rigged in parallel. Seems like something I should've figured out, but okay. Busted skylight, bronc(h)o suit -- so we're gonna have ourselves a hangin'? Okay. I already snatched Barney up, so that's no real trouble. Getting up there with the suit might be, especially if Mayes is on high alert, but hopefully he'll keep his paranoia at the assembly where it belongs. So far, this all sounds doable, and I give her a nod of agreement. "So, uh. Supposin' I borrow the airwaves for a bit. What, hypothetically, would I be hooking up?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"It doesn't matter much." I shrug. "The music's a distraction. If there's just the one thing going wrong even an idiot can deal with it and carry on. If music starts they'll send the helpers to the AV room. Meaning that they can't get Broncho back easily." I smile. "You probably want about eight feet less rope. My planned playlist was Taylor Swift's Better than Revenge as the warmup, Pitbull's Timber to drop Broncho to, Ellie Goulding's Burn next, and finally Smoke on the Water." I raised one eyebrow. "Did I forget to mention the Broncho was meant to be doused in gas, and I was going to put the skeleton from the biology lab in it? And that when it burns it's going to trigger the sprinkler system? And half of us will be wearing white shirts?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1 Integrity: 0-0=0

Ok, so... so that was a lot more, uh, involved than things had been on the roof. Wow. It was, if I had to sum it up, occasionally terrifying yet incredibly exhilarating and amazing and almost surreal.

Summer loses all Integrity.

"Mhmm..." I sigh contentedly when she asks how I'm feeling. Laying under the blanket with Orchid holding onto me is... it's just great to have someone I care about so close to me. Orchid's so cool,even if I do need to help her to smoke and curse less. The question rests for a while; I'm honestly feeling so lethargic and warm that doing anything is a major pain. Still, she wants to know, so I should answer her.

"Uhh, it was really great." Rolling around despite how much work it is in order to look at her face, I'm taken aback for a second. Does she actually know how beautiful she is? Especially with her glasses off, so you can really see her eyes... that we're only wearing the blanket is pretty great too. "It, uh... it was kinda scary a couple times, uh," ok so telling someone I just madeout had sex with what I thought about the experience is completely embarrassing, "but! But, it was really fun and it felt so good! Thanks for, uh, being patient..." Voice trailing off into silence, the expression on her face makes me break into a goofy grin.

If we happen to miss my practice and just end up spending more time together, that's ok, right? I mean, I did get a workout in after-all. :mmmhmm:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Well, holy poo poo.

"Yeah, you may have left that bit out."

Mara's got my full attention now. She was planning this? Mara Stevens, Bible Queen, little miss nice girl? I'm intrigued, I'm fascinated, and I'm committed. This is above and beyond. If I pull it off -- no, when I pull it off... It'll be everywhere. Maybe get a nice clip of phone camera footage on the local news. And this is just the start of the year. Incredible. And it won't even be all that hard.

Only downside is she could give my name to authorities, so I'll have to make sure not to get caught. Like, more than usual. Though seriously, how much of a poo poo would I really give if I got expelled?

"Be a shame if a plan like that went to waste because you caught a brick with your face, wouldn't it?" I smile at her, the phrase 'plausible deniability' lingering in the back of my mind.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"Oh, I'm sure that nothing ever goes to waste! I hope you're looking forward to the Pep Rally as much as I am!" My smile is warm with just a hint of secrets to it.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

"Don't see why not. I'm going to a rave tonight, big dance party, flashing lights and loud music and such.." She gave Summer a little kiss on the nose. "I wanna introduce you to the world of weed though. As far as I'm concerned most people are really misguided about the stuff. Statistically and otherwise it's shown to be a generally safe recreational substance as opposed to any other." She picked up her pipe and gave it a look over. "I mean, chronic use isn't gonna be good for your lungs. That's any kind of smoke inhalation though."

She offered the pipe to Summer, nodding to her. "Give it a try. If you can honestly try it and tell me it's really such a bad thing and should be outlawed, I'll consider your words."

Spending a string to offer 1 XP if Summer pops her weed cherry.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy

I slink out into the hall, leaving Mara behind. I feel bad, but the nurse will want to see her. I pass Connor, almost colliding with him. For somebody who was practically drooling on me earlier, he totally ignores me now. What, do I smell? Whatever. I get down the hall and play with my phone. Mara's still tweeting. She's loving this attention...and you'd think that'd have made it all okay.

Grump. I'll have to get to classes soon, and then that stupid pep rally.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Kinda figured this might happen. Looking at the pipe like it's got worms in it, I raise a hand up to wave it away. "Uh... maybe a different day? It's... I just really don't, uh, even want to try it today." Well that made me sound horrible...

"It's... I don't think it should be illegal or anything like that, I won't, uh,... tell anyone. Or stop you." I hadn't known that marijuana could hurt your lungs - had always thought it just made people act silly and react slowly. If it hurts your lungs, I definitely can't do it. Anything that would make it hard to run from the coats is a no-go. Kinda hard to explain to your girlfriend that if you smoke you might die, though.

Just Saying No.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Orchid nodded her head. "Hey, no problem." She got a thought, and since Summer wasn't partaking decided to rip the entire bowl at once, bringing in a borderline ridiculous amount of smoke and blowing it all out in one big cloud. Who knew, maybe Summer might get a contact high? As for her, she sat up and half rolled half flopped back into the beanbags, finding them the most incredibly comfortable things in the universe. She let out a little giggle and beckoned Summer over. "Come on, lay on all the beanbags. Its so comfy~"

She found herself mentally drifting a bit, and started staring up at the ceiling. She wondered what was up with Summer. I mean, if she really was a unicorn, why would she come here of all places? The thought caught ahold and her whole mind wrapped around it, and she found herself as far as the outside world was concerned to be totally spacing. Inside, her mind was a whirlwind of activity, trying to pull an answer out of the ether that made some kind of sense.

Gazing into the abyss to see the truth behind why Summer is here, 8-1=7 taking Drained for the visions to be lucid and detailed.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I flash Mara a grin that's nothing but trouble as I head out, leaving her well-bandaged and secure in the fact that some crazy poo poo's gonna go down. A quick mental itinerary and a glance at my phone says I have exactly nowhere near enough time to get together the rest of what I need, but when's a silly thing like that ever stopped me? Probably the two highest-risk items are getting an amp to hook up to the PA and stealing the biology skeleton, and Mr. Skelly's definitely gonna be missed if I grab him too early. So back to storage-land it is; I'm almost positive the band had a spare amp when I looked.

Feels good to have a plan. Something concrete -- something that'll leave a mark. Reminds me why life's worth living.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hot: 2 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Harm 0/4 | XP 1 | Conditions:

The gym looks like a horror show, or at least it does to anyone with taste. Someone had the bright idea of getting the Art Class students to show school spirit by forcing them to make the decorations, and since the Art Class has the collective school spirit of a roadkill armadillo, this turned out as you'd expect. The "best" decorations are merely garish and slapdash, while the worst is long banner crossing the bleacher section that's meant to feature rearing red and black Bronchos with streaming mains, but due to certain design decisions looks like a string of raggedly severed horses' heads. Nice touch, that.

I meet Mandy and Efren underneath the bleachers, behind where they store the old gym mats, with the vinegar, along with some other supplies. A bottle of vinegar, a dash of corn starch, and an entire phial of green food-coloring later, and we have some extremely noxious green slimy stuff. That's when I show them the motherlode.

There's a little wooden hatch underneath the old mats, leading down to a hollow space underneath the gym floor. You can barely call it a crawl space. Inside is some of the really antique gym equipment, along with a pile of empty beer cans. I show the two of them. "Tommy and Trampus, who were senior percussionists when i was a freshman, showed me this place. Great spot to hide anything you don't want found." I crawl inside and emerge a minute later, lugging a big, heavy, tubular object. I blow the dust off of it. "1995's finest technology," I explain. "The school's old air cannon." There's even a few empty cardboard tubes. With great care I fill them with slime and rubber band the ends closed with wax paper.

Way to go Home-loving-Economics.

I hand the cannon to Efren and the ammo to Mandy. "Here's the plan; step one, we're going to trick Anan into missing the pep rally. I don't care how, just as long as she's conspicuously absent. Mandy, you're in the Christian Association; can you think of anything we can use? Like a cross-symbol, or something?" Then i turn to Efren. "Step two is the two of you go up to the roof with this thing. Use that one busted skylight to get an angle on the gym during the pep rally and then, at an opportune moment, I want you to use the cannon to tag some people. Ideally Mark, maybe some of the other people in the CA; whatever causes the most infighting."

"Step three; we hide the air cannon in Anna's locker. Let's see who Officer Mayes thinks is the good girl after that."

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Mandy

"We don't need to." Mandy grinned. "We just need to pick the right targets both inside and outside the Christian Association to get them to turn on her. We don't call it Omerta, but the idea is the same. And there are groups in the Christian Association. Paul's group, Mark's group, and I guess right now you could call them Mara's group. Mark's is the biggest. People who want to get along, or people who joined for the networking or guys who joined because there are more girls than guys. Mostly Nice Guys for what that's worth. Some are genuinely nice, some are just nice to your face. And there are more of us than you think." She shrugged. "Paul's group is Conservative. Or being more honest, Paul's group is is bullies who use Christianity to hide behind Mark's group. Anna's on the borderline, but it's often hard to tell. And the third group? Mara's? It's a weird. All people who don't like Paul's group. Mara's a Charismatic and I don't know if you've been to a Charismatic Prayer Meeting? Some of them are like drug fuelled parties, just without the drugs. And she doesn't know about the sex. She's scheduled three of those for the last three abortion pickets Paul tried running. Sally-Jo on the other hand? You've seen Sally-Jo. It's not an act. She is that sweet, and no one ever wants to see her upset. Except a couple of Paul's group because she spoils their fun. Shoot Mara, Sally-Jo, Taylor, Michael, Max, and Tina, and Orchid and Summer if they are there, and it'll both piss off Mark's group and be obvious it's someone in the CA." She paused. "And yes, Max is one of Paul's, but everyone knows that's really because he's so far in the closet he can see Narnia. Also if setting Anna up you want to hit Joanne. They chased after the same guy."

OOC: A guest post by an NPC to flesh out the Christian Association a little.

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 3, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

SCENE 2: THE PEP RALLY (and stoner van adventures)
Well technically it started on the last page, if you have rolled a stat since Connor entered the Nurse's office you may mark XP for it.
We'll switch Highlights every odd numbered scene, so they stay the same for now.

Antony: You might not care how but you still need to figure out a way to get Anna to miss the Pep Rally, and after what happened with Ashley, leaving it to your minions, er, friends, might not be the best idea in the world. No, you'll have to deal with Anna yourself. Good thing you're in the same class after lunch. Which class is it, and what golden opportunity presents itself?

Summer: Today has been special. SUPER special. Who do you wish you could tell all about it? Orchid seems a little, uh, lost in her own world right now. What do you do while you wait for her? This van is like Orchid's home right? Is there anything inside that surprises you or makes you laugh?

Orchid: Summer's the perfect name for someone like her. You can picture her dancing barefoot in a field of clover in a gauzy white dress that leaves nothing to the imagination under a sky so blue it hurts. The sunlight shining on her hair seems to give her a halo and she holds out her hand, calling your name. Then... a shadow falls on her. She looks up, away, and covers her mouth with both hands. There's something dark out there, something that never lets her settle, never lets her rest. "I'm sorry... I have to go..." she whispers and then she's running, leaving you behind. Watching you from the back of a car window with a sad smile. Will you let her go, or will you fight for her?

Mara: Nurse Jo takes one look at you (already neatly bandaged), pronounces you fit to return to class, and kicks you out of her office. Do you really trust Connor to pull off such a grand plan? What's the most interesting response you've gotten to your twitter bombing? Who stops you in the hall, and what do you say to them?

Amy: You're lurking near your locker when you notice Connor lugging a band amp down the hall. No one else is around here, and the last you saw he was heading into the Nurse's office with Mara. He doesn't seem to notice you either, probably because you ducked into a doorway as soon as you saw him. What's he up to anyway?

Connor: Mara's plan has Paimon in one of his better moods. He hasn't actually requested you to do anything yet, does that worry you? What Connor-specific twists do you think you can add, or do you think you'll follow her instructions to the letter? You can't help thinking this would be way easier with an accomplice, is there anyone you could ask?

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I was catching up on Twitter when the Nurse arrived. First a text to Amy.

quote:

The skirt suits your legs. You should wear skirts more ;)

And on Twitter.

quote:

Apparently *someone* can't hit the broad side of a van door with a rock. It was an accident... #fml #rock #wearyourglasses
Complete with the final selfie before I was bandaged.

And another selfie - this time with her head bandaged.

quote:

Helped in by @Amy Dropped on face by Christ Soc Pres @Mark Helped up by a lesbian. Bandaged by #SMC @Connor #whoismyneighbour
#SMC is a hashtag that many of my followers might not recognise. It's short for Sunday Morning Christian.

The trick with planning is to always have backups. I'm not expecting everything to go to my plan - but I think that Connor can improvise something pretty spectacular from the plan. Even the fire and sprinklers on their own are going to make a huge mess. I doubt it'll be as elegant as if I was doing it, but really my plan was built with enough overkill that only one part of it needs to work.

I think the most interesting response comes from @austinslutwalk "Is that bible quote real? Can we use it?" ("Of course. Everyone should know what the bible says. And follow it." It's as close as I can get to an endorsement.) It takes me a couple of minutes of googling to find what a slutwalk actually is. And ... I know a number of people following AustinSlutWalk. Biblically in a number of cases. My worlds aren't meant to collide? Another interesting one is the lack of an apology from Mark. Paul's "Love the new look @MaraBaptist" is just creepy. And I block the couple of real creeps who're making photomanipulations of me covered in blood. Ewww.

Who stops me in the hallways? Everyone. You don't often see a blood covered girl round here. I can't talk to anyone much until I reach the ladies to fix my face and makeup. And standing right next to me is Anna who's decided to use this as an opportunity for a conversation about this morning. I let her open, but I'm not going to take back my words.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders
Hot: -1 Cold: 2
Volatile: -1 Dark: 1

I'm all changed and relatively clean, so back to my locker to stuff the crap in there. Worry about it later. My phone shakes a few times, while I have it put down inside my locker to move things around. I'm getting DMs?

@austinslutwalk posted:

@Amy Come next month!

And I'm getting mentions?

@TXGayStraightAlliance posted:

Way to show how everybody can work together! @mara @amy

@OdessaBaptist posted:

Do not shun the sinners, for you can show them the way to righteousness.

I'm skimming through them. Mara's being a drama queen and....and....

...did she just out me?

Just as I'm pondering that, my phone dings.

Mara. Why am I not surprised? I shift my hips, swing the skirt out and give it a good swish. Well. She's not wrong.

Connor slinks past me during my own self-examination. What's up with him? And what was he doing in the nurse's office? I shut my locker and head after him. "Connor?" I ask, and then have to speak up. "Connor? What were you doing in the nurse's office?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

drat! I'd been so busy being clever and just sneaking in under the 140 characters that I hadn't looked at all the angles. And it's hard to stuff the genie back in the bottle. Especially as it's true.

quote:

@austinslutwalk @TXGayStraightAlliance @OdessaBaptist Three people helped me. @Amy, @Connor, and I don't know the lesbian's twitter.

I post similar messages in reply to my own and a couple of others. It ... might be enough. I hope. Or last long enough.

Then to Amy

quote:

Sorry. I meant Summer. Can I try and make it up to you tonight?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hot: 2 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Harm 0/4 | XP 1 | Conditions:

After that little spiel I tell Mandy that she can pick targets as she likes, because she clearly knows way more about the inner workings of the Protestant masses than me.

Next class is English, which Anna and I have together. The teacher is Mrs. Shrem, who's big and heavy-set and kind of an erstwhile hippy-type; sometimes, when she stretches to write high on the blackboard you can see the edge of tats on her shoulders, and this one time she mentioned traveling with the carnival for a summer before she got her teaching degree. She's weird, but fair. Unfortunately, this week she's been feeling more weird than fair, because yesterday she assigned each student a Shakespearean sonnet to read and analyze, and today we have to present our analyses in front of the class. First up is Anna Brooks, because alphabetical order, and second is her friend, Jennifer Butler. Who, when she gets up to go to the front of the class, accidentally kicks her backpack over.

I'm the only one who sees the phone fall out and slide across the aisle, clinking to a halt on the leg of Johanna Lindley's desk, just two seats in front of me.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

It's kind of a flawless plan. Why gently caress with perfection? I mean, I guess I could change the soundtrack. And I might, because the music ain't really the point, is it? But the girl put some thought into this poo poo, so I dunno. I'm mostly just thinking about pulling it off, any personal touches can wait.

Hearing Amy pipe up over my shoulder, I stop midstride. I turn my head to look at her behind me, trying to gauge her expression. "I had to ask Mara something about the pep rally. I'm art class -- we helped set it up a little, y'know?" Best lies have a bit of truth in 'em, so I try not to play too farfetched. Just in case. Besides, the way my phone was still constantly buzzing she'd probably tweeted something about me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Well, I skipped track practice. Going would've meant waking up Orchid, and she's kinda out of it right now. So while I'm laying next to her on these impressively comfortable beanbags, my teamates are doing stretches and warmups and then probably time trials. Think I chose wisely. I can feel her every heartbeat, her chest expanding and contracting with each breath... it's wondrous! 'specially since she fell asleep with her arms around me. :3:

At least no one's called me. My ringtone is awesome, but she's sleeping and she deserves to keep napping. I may be, uh, less practiced than she is - but I kinda get the sense that Orchid doesn't get as much exercise as I do. Guess that's one benefit of being stalked constantly, right? So it makes sense that she's tired.

When I get home tonight, I'll definitely have tell mom and dad about Orchid. I mean, they'll want to know I'm dating someone, right? I bet they'll even ask if she wants to come over for dinner! That'll be really great... she, uh, doesn't really have a proper home. Her van is great and all, but no parents? No house? I don't know if she's noticed, but this van is kinda dirty. I can see a container with mushrooms growing in it! That's pretty bad.

If she's dating me, maybe she'll start sleeping at my house? She'd probably use drugs less if she does. It'd be safe for her until the coats find me, at which point I'll have to break up with her and move away. But that's a long ways off, there's no use dwelling on it now... Oh! Orchid's shifting the beanbags around now, has she woken up? Better whisper in case she hasn't.

"You awake?"

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 4, 2015

• Locked thread