Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
like if people are gonna be all into dead stupid pagan religions, why cant they worship ancient greek gods because zeus and apollo and those guys were way cooler than other gods

odin and thor and those dudes are okay too I guess but if you are really really into them there's like a 100% chance you're a nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gammatron 64 posted:

like if people are gonna be all into dead stupid pagan religions, why cant they worship ancient greek gods because zeus and apollo and those guys were way cooler than other gods

odin and thor and those dudes are okay too I guess but if you are really really into them there's like a 100% chance you're a nazi

i like the pagan gods better because they were stupid assholes with power and knew it. I wish I could seduce a chick by turning into a swan

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Cults of Ra would be kind of cool to see again and with global warming going to wreck our poo poo in the next 50 years we might as well take up sun worship to distract from how bad the boomers hosed us over

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

JebanyPedal posted:

I hosed this girl once and like she fell asleep afterwards but didn't dry up the come afterwards so it was nestled all about her pussy (drat nasty) and I woke up in the morning to one of the most overpowering funky smells I've ever smelt in my life God drat was that poo poo wild.

nice brah

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
When I'd visit my sister, every once in a while we'd hear these really weird sounds at night. Turns out it was the neighborhood Wiccans beating on drums and howling at full moons.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Das Boo posted:

When I'd visit my sister, every once in a while we'd hear these really weird sounds at night. Turns out it was the neighborhood Wiccans beating on drums and howling at full moons.

that sounds gay as poo poo, they should worship zeus instead because he has a bitchin' beard, throws lightning, has a castle on a mountain, goes to a lot of toga parties and bangs all the chicks

also he has like a little robot owl

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gammatron 64 posted:

that sounds gay as poo poo, they should worship zeus instead because he has a bitchin' beard, throws lightning, has a castle on a mountain, goes to a lot of toga parties and bangs all the chicks

also he has like a little robot owl

he gave that owl to Perseus ya dummy

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he gave that owl to Perseus ya dummy

Can we worship Perseus, then?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

Can we worship Perseus, then?

sure, why not. only yahweh has a problem with idols

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

They do in Greece. Some not-Golden-Dawn guys (wink) firebombed one of their meeting places in Athens a few years ago.

quote:

All "neo-pagans" are white heavyset nerds with a distinct Dungeons & Dragons vibe, but all the ones specifically into Norse mythology are also white supremacists.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Gammatron 64 posted:

the greek religions were only valid for a specific historical time period, when the world was transitioning from a spirit filled world to a material world. the greek gods and heros are the denoucement portion of the spirit filled world. nowadays you have to be into some sort of gnostic religion if you wanna contact the divine. you cant just expect zeus or odysseus to show up out of nowhere.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Ocean Book posted:

the greek religions were only valid for a specific historical time period, when the world was transitioning from a spirit filled world to a material world. the greek gods and heros are the denoucement portion of the spirit filled world. nowadays you have to be into some sort of gnostic religion if you wanna contact the divine. you cant just expect zeus or odysseus to show up out of nowhere.

whatever nerd

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Agag posted:

All "neo-pagans" are white heavyset nerds with a distinct Dungeons & Dragons vibe, but all the ones specifically into Norse mythology are also white supremacists.

I find high fantasy medieval sword and sorcery D&D poo poo to be the lamest poo poo on earth

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

I find high fantasy medieval sword and sorcery D&D poo poo to be the lamest poo poo on earth

More of a Shadowrun guy, chummer?

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Agag posted:

we prefer to be known as ethnic nationalists, sir

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh Hell No posted:

All the cool neo-pagans are into Thelema now. From what I can tell, it's Wicca for grown-ups.

I went to this black mass once... I ate some female priestess' cake of light, which I guess included ashes of menustral blood in the dough so... idk.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

osirisisdead posted:

I went to this black mass once... I ate some female priestess' cake of light, which I guess included ashes of menustral blood in the dough so... idk.

sounds pretty spiritual my man

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

osirisisdead posted:

I ate some female priestess' cake of light

is that what wiccans call it?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

so wiccans eat each other's dried caked up menstrual blood? doesn't surprise me one bit

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
No, this was Thelemites.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Ocean Book posted:

not to mention the greek gods never did anything for anyone, they needed more help than the humans really. Pray to Zeus to cure your cancer and he'd probably come and bang your wife, and the tag-along gods would gently caress with the neighbor's hot daughters and sons until someone ended up turned into a tree or some poo poo.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

my apologies for mixing up silly neopagan fad religions, as there is just no excuse for it

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

There is no Lord but God and no Lady but Mary

hth

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Grand Prize Winner posted:

There is no Lord but God and no Lady but Mary

hth

you sayin me mum aint a lady?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 257 days!)

osirisisdead posted:

No, this was Thelemites.

avoid those.. your kid will have trex arms

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

There's still shitloads of wiccans and I swear there are some normal ones but god drat do they attract a lot of nuts and unstable people. Thelema's only popular right now with the masses because it's "new" (it's not new at all, it's just getting public awareness). Other things that are popular within the pagan umbrella right now include druidism, shamanism (there's shitloads of people jumping into shamanism from wicca) and those "universal oneness" religions I can never remember the name of that believe in connected subconsciousness among all organisms in existence.

You guys should go look at jediism. A whole lot of wiccans know their religion wasn't around until Gardner. Jedis are still largely snarling that jediism isn't star wars based.

There are a lot of wiccans out there that are indeed wiccan, but bring in other faith's deities to name as "lord" and "lady" for themselves instead of the general wiccan lord and lady/god and goddess/male female standard. Wicca is a hell of a lot more than the specific deities that someone does or doesn't include. She might also be asatru or like 20 other things.

you really have your finger on the pulse of the alternative religion scene

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Zen Punk posted:

you really have your finger on the pulse of the alternative religion scene

black black herbal attack

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

david... posted:

you sayin me mum aint a lady?

nah sorry, if you have an accent like that 'she' was probably a protestant whore

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

big girl. big pale girl with dream catcher tattoo on my forearm. let us go to the woods and chant and skip and let our period blood flick about the leaf litter

naem
May 29, 2011

There's always at least one super, super, super hot counter culture whatever girl in every group who's just way too loving hot who legitimizes everything and makes it look all fetish-y and bonerizing and she has like green hair

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

naem posted:

There's always at least one super, super, super hot counter culture whatever girl in every group who's just way too loving hot who legitimizes everything and makes it look all fetish-y and bonerizing and she has like green hair

at least in her own mind

more like buttertroll with bipolar disorder and no friends seeks same

but enough about OPs mom

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
By and large, wiccans are bi and large.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

West SAAB Story posted:

avoid those.. your kid will have trex arms

wut. There has to be a story here.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

osirisisdead posted:

wut. There has to be a story here.

it was a poorly conceived (like all of my posts) thalidomide joek.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

like how the child would be poorly conceived, huh?? work with me here.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think if a child were conceived in the parking lot of a truck stop...

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme
there was a gay wiccan in a mythology class I took. he worshipped the egyptian gods. probably a furry. tbf the egyptians were so ripped and macho the women had beards.

he was weird and awkward in an "internet" way. I was in a group presentation on mayan mythology, someone made a comparison to thoth, and immediately he wanted to know how that comparison worked.

Hobo By Design fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Mar 28, 2015

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
http://faerywolf.com/

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Oh Hell No posted:

All the cool neo-pagans are into Thelema now. From what I can tell, it's Wicca for grown-ups.

edit: i mean most of the followers are still gross nerds, they're just better at hiding it

they're into that, and chaos magick. a lot of them are gross nerds, but it's probably the only neo-pagan related thing that's lead to cool poo poo like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8klW9trVTQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqnVneEBpgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HudSwX3aiyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-oqdOE6ZG8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhpIDs_VQ4

we wouldn't have electronic music, much less industrial, as we know it today if it weren't for coil, cosey fanni tutti, genesis p orridge, and throbbing gristle.

and then there's this gnostic mass ritual that aleister crowley created. p good parody of catholic masses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVJdSgW2DdM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Why the gently caress are people into Thelema? Aleister Crowley was a gross sex addict nerd who squandered his entire inheritance on pretend magick poo poo.

Lmao he even attempted to do the Abramelin, the most badass scary ritual of them all, and he half assed it and gave up halfway and claimed to be possessed by a demon as a result of loving it up.

Apparently thats the coolest you can become while practicing wicca.

• Locked thread