Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
War. War never changes.

For her entire history, Britain has known war. From 1066 to 2077, Britain endured war, drew from it the largest empire the world has ever known. In the same way, she lost it.

When the Resource Wars came and the European Commonwealth dissolved, Britain still found the strength to survive, with stiff upper lip and Blitz spirit.

Then the bombs fell.

Britain struggled along through the harsh darkness of nuclear winter, starvation, and plague. Still she clung on, half-dead.

Then the tea ran out.

Britain died screaming.

Now, it is 2278 and you stand on the outskirts of London, once the greatest city in the world; now only the greatest city in Britain.

Hello everyone! This is going to be a CYOA set in a Fallout version of London. I'm very excited to run this for you and I hope you'll find it interesting. We'll be using Fallout pnp v2.

First thing first:

What is your name?

Are you a Gentleman or a Lady?

Are you:
A. Scottish? The far north, populated by proud but stubborn drunkards. Tagged skills are Unarmed, Melee, and Barter.
B. Welsh? Nobody understands your bloody language, you sheepshagger. Tagged skills are Outdoorsman, Sneak, and Unarmed.
C. Northern Irish? Loyal sons of the Queen and haters of popery. Taged skills are Thrown, First Aid, and Small Guns.
D. English? You speak the Queens English, by God! It's a shame no one else understands your drat dialect. Tagged skills Speech, Small Guns, Repair.
E. A bloody foreigner? Frogs, Krauts, Paddys, Polacks, all of them over here to steal our jobs. Skills vary based on nationality.

You are Jones, a Welshman.

Mycroft Holmes fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Nobody? :(

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
They call me Jones.

'course, that's what they call anyone from Wales if'n they don't know their name. Feckin' Londoners. You can end the world but some things never change. Still, Jones is who I am. My first name?

Ah, y'don't need to worry about that. No-one cares.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Bonjour! My name is Jean.

I am but a simple man from la belle Provence. But now, my Provence, she is a scorching desert. We had heard that your little Angleterre had been spared the wrath of the atom. Now my boat has been eaten by some monstrous gourmand in La Manche and I am stranded here without a prayer.

Do I have guns? Why ever would you ask? We did not have such things in France. You English have such imaginations.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Two votes so far, one Welshman, one Frenchman.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Bendigeidfran posted:

Bonjour! My name is Jean.

I am but a simple man from la belle Provence. But now, my Provence, she is a scorching desert. We had heard that your little Angleterre had been spared the wrath of the atom. Now my boat has been eaten by some monstrous gourmand in La Manche and I am stranded here without a prayer.

Do I have guns? Why ever would you ask? We did not have such things in France. You English have such imaginations.

Tagged skills are Science, Barter, Doctor

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Be welsh. Eagerly awaiting sheep-brahmin. Twice the fun!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Welsh: XX
French: X

More votes or 7PM, whichever comes first.

Tremynci
Jun 16, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Welsh: XX
French: X

More votes or 7PM, whichever comes first.

Hmm... As awesome as it would be to be a Scot, I'll go with Taffy the Welshman. But only if he used to work down the Crumlin noodle mine. :colbert:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
You are Jones, a Welshman. What are your SPECIAL attributes? You have 5 stat points to spend. What are your starting feats? Rules are here

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

S - 6
P - 4
E - 6
C - 4
I - 8
A - 8
L - 4

also dude at least do a quick breakdown, no-one's going to want to download a rulebook to contribute to a CYOA

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

S - 6
P - 4
E - 6
C - 4
I - 8
A - 8
L - 4

also dude at least do a quick breakdown, no-one's going to want to download a rulebook to contribute to a CYOA

Ok, sorry.

The SPECIAL system stands for Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck. All these stats start at 5. You are allowed five further points you can spread around any way you like. You can subtract points from one stat and place them in another. These points govern your initial skill values, and dictate some of your other statistics. For example, strength governs your carry limit, agility your action points, endurance your health, and all of them can have an effect on your dialogue choices. Once you've given a final stats value, I'll put together a character sheet and add it to the first post.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Any dice rolling will be done behind the scenes. This is more focused on narrative than crunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Three points into luck, two into agility.

• Locked thread