Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluo
May 25, 2007

Trauma Tank posted:

Yeah that. Hi Fluo.

EDIT: Damnit, I saw your post before I posted this one and thought it described it better than I did. :colbert:

:( Ok! A teacake in England is a light yeast-based sweet bun containing dried fruit, typically served toasted and buttered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
mento lol

mwi lol

Kylie-Diamante. sound as

Nic Cage dick cage fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 28, 2015

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

phone phail.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Does England have any good beers made there?
:synpa:

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

All beer made in England is good, all the terrible beer is imported.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

2% beer harks back to the days of brewing because it's the most effective way to make the water safe

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

That Tesco beer is good for making bread.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Pedricko posted:

Lot of ukip supporters at the Ideal Home Show.

mainly on the sausage stand, selling sausages, its you, youre the ukip supporters

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

mainly on the sausage stand, selling sausages, its you, youre the ukip supporters

Mate I'm not even that English, why would I vote ukip?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Pedricko posted:

figures that a non-english would vote ukip, you justw ant to destroy the GREATEST nation on earth :britain: :britain:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Pedricko posted:

You can be one of their token ethnics they trot out for photo opportunities, only to leave the party months later horrified to find that they're all racist.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

urgh just remembered the clocks go forward tonight, stupid lazy fat bastard farmers loving up everyone elses sleep

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
* Is doing a hairdressing degree *
* Gets angry at tuition fees *

spud fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 28, 2015

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I had to cook a steak pie in work today and I decided to add some beer into it because why the gently caress not.

That poo poo ended up lethal.

How was your day goons? :3:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I imagine this is currently happening in thousands of pubs across your little island https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BliAPzEsao0

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what kind of steak pie wouldn't have beer in it except a really poo poo one

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Uhhh steak and ale pie is a thing that exists

It's also lush as fvck

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i meant why was the beer something you chose to add rather than just part fo the ingredients

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

all our beer is good, as opposed to american beers which are not beers, they are rat piss relabelled in bright colours to catch the attention of subintellectuals

note the correct spelling of colour

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Theres one thing you always get with a Bobby Deluxe post : correct spelling.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Jose posted:

i meant why was the beer something you chose to add rather than just part fo the ingredients

I was gonna just do a plain old boring pie with gravy but then I noticed some leftover beers from St paddys. Just made sense to try and make a more delicious meal.

A lot of the time in work I just try to make things very basic and easy so I can get on with paperwork (the safer food better business book is a nightmare) but I wanted to give my clients a drat tasty pie ok

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Why do British people drink warm beer? Serious question

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
because its so sunny here we have no choice

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Solefald posted:

I was gonna just do a plain old boring pie with gravy but then I noticed some leftover beers from St paddys. Just made sense to try and make a more delicious meal.

A lot of the time in work I just try to make things very basic and easy so I can get on with paperwork (the safer food better business book is a nightmare) but I wanted to give my clients a drat tasty pie ok

what job do you do where you're cooking for people and you also do paperwork and they're clients not customers?

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

George Zimmer posted:

Its so the pubs save money by not even cooling down the drain pipes coming from the urinals

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

George Zimmer posted:

we dont for the most part, only goony ale sperglords drink lukewarm beer and are all like "oh yeh i can really taste the hops which is a good thing apparently". normal people drink lager or cider which is served cold.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

youtube commenter posted:

we dont for the most part, only goony ale sperglords drink lukewarm beer and are all like "oh yeh i can really taste the hops which is a good thing apparently". normal people drink lager or cider which is served cold.

beer is supposed to be served at cellar temperature which is pretty cold anyway.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Why dont Brits tip when they are at the pub, dont you want to thank the bartender for their service?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
people used to but mostly i think they look at you funny if you say "and one for yourself" now

probably depends on the pub though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

drinking in the us is just strange. its incredibly cheap to buy spirits in a lot of places ($12 for 1.75l of gordons gin in vegas) but then you go out and its $10 a drink + tip

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

cos you're paying the bartenders wage, rather than the employer doing it lmao

all this booze talk makes me want a drink but all I've got is a premixed jack and coke I found in the back of the fridge :v:

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Jose posted:

drinking in the us is just strange. its incredibly cheap to buy spirits in a lot of places ($12 for 1.75l of gordons gin in vegas) but then you go out and its $10 a drink + tip

You pay for the ambience 90% of the time. Some places actually make good drinks too. But yeah $80 got me like 5 bottles of good liquor, and I've definitely paid that much for a single night of drinking at bars.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its only on spirits too it seems. drinking in vegas is just brutal anyway

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

i've always liked the thing about us drinking culture where it isnt really looked down upon to go to a pub by yourself and just sit at the bar have a few drinks

if you do that here people assume you're on the dole

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

youtube commenter posted:

i've always liked the thing about us drinking culture where it isnt really looked down upon to go to a pub by yourself and just sit at the bar have a few drinks

if you do that here people assume you're on the dole

I'd feel weird to be out by myself. On the other hand the idea of going out and meeting new people in a bar would be pretty cool I guess as meeting new people is hard.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Can we still talk about sausages??

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
a stottie cake isnt a loving bread roll it's a big flat bread
gordon bennet

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Jose posted:

what job do you do where you're cooking for people and you also do paperwork and they're clients not customers?

I'm a chef
Chefs have to do hella' paperwork. Thankfully I had it all sorted last time we had an inspection but I haven't finished with the new load of work and I'm mega anxious we'll have another inspection soon. I don't wanna loss my 5 rating :ohdear:

But I'm having to train up new staff too which means doing lots of induction work and having to teach them basic safety and hygiene nonsense and then having to write it all down so I can prove I've taught them and blah blah blah. Chefs don't just cook food anymore.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it was the use of clients instead of customers that threw me mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
just reminded me in the UK at one point i lived around the corner from a takeout shop called dynasty express that got a poo poo reputation because anyone eating from there ended up getting sick as gently caress
they actually got shut down by an inspection which never happens, there were apparently roaches and stuff in there, you never loving see roaches in england like ever

before they got shut down someone kept stealing the D and the Y off the store's sign

• Locked thread