Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

*every single parody song no matter who did it is credited to Weird Al*

*every single prank call no matter who did it is credited to The Jerky Boys*

Yo you hear Nine Inch Nails cover the Zelda theme??!

I thought that was system of a down :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Look at my new Nokia cellphone.

It's digital. :smug:

I'm going to Maine this weekend so please don't call me. My home region is southern NH, eastern MA and RI.

Bell Atlantic Mobile is cool.

E: I actually still have the same number from 1999. Holy poo poo.

Shadow fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 28, 2015

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
OH poo poo MY FLIGHT LEAVES IN 20 MINUTES

*runs from taxi to gate*
*flight attendant smiles and says "just made it!"*

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

West SAAB Story posted:

*hangs out at starbucks in airport with relatives who live nearby while waiting for connecting flight*

E:F,B

I was gonna use that one too. Picking up a friend or family member meant meeting them at the gate after they deboard. Same with dropping off.

Now it's an awkward "welp enjoy that long rear end security line" and leaving.

I seriously miss the 90s. :(

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
The wait is an hour for non smoking or a table available now in smoking?

Cool. Smoking it is!

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
The Simpsons are REALLY starting to suck. Maybe it's time to end it and put Futurama on at 8 instead.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
They're gonna ruin Hong Kong with communism. :(

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Dead Precedents posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone want a cell phone? I can just call my friend on the house phone. Besides, I'll just see them tomorrow at school.

I definitely do miss life before smart phones.

Whoever is glued to their cell phone even though there is a real life human being trying to talk to them is a loving loser.

or under 30, same thing I guess

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Dead Precedents posted:

Yeah. Though, I will say having google maps when I'm lost is awesome. In 1999, I think there was only like mapquest or maybe yahoo maps you could print out. Sometimes it took you in the wrong direction.

Clearly, but the concept of leaving home and not being accessible or be able to access everything in your life. Making a trip by checking out a map or sure, printing out mapquest directions. Having a cellphone that lasted 3-4 days before needing a charge.

I remember more things I did when out in 99-03. Then I got a smartphone and now that everyone has one and the culture has turned into staring endlessly at your phone instead of acknowledging people sucks.

Worse when you see two people together looking at their phones instead of... You know. Talking. Losers.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Yaos posted:

You sound like a muslim. Do you know of any terrorist attacks coming up? I need to tell the CIA, I mean my mom about them. Allahu akbar.

Your posting is kinda like a terrorist attack. Your mom and I discuss this often.

Edit:
I'm loving your mom.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

West SAAB Story posted:

The Windows so bad that even Microsoft suggested you downgrade. :allears:

Microsoft Vista.

And how was this not posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

bewbies posted:

1999 was 16 years ago

16 years before that was 1983

in 1999, people who were born in 1966 sat around talking about how crazy 1983 was. pac-man, and able archer, and reaganomics and so on.

the point here is i'm old

gently caress...

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
People working retail jobs can afford to feed their families without welfare.

Why this isn't strange at all!

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

the worst stewie posted:

op are u a jock or a nerd

or a goth

ora sk8er

:slick:

look at those faggots over there singing musicals

we're gonna kick your rear end, travolta!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

dad gay. so what posted:

hay gang i just got windows 98 and now i have to upgrade to windows 99. gently caress you bill gates you nerd fag. oh well i guess the computer clock is going to explode Ahhhhhhh1

I remember I had all the .cab files for Windows 98 in a setup folder. This way every couple of weeks when the OS would completely poo poo the bed, I'd reboot, type "setup" and let it all reinstall.

Windows 98 was such a piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread