Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Snowy posted:

Metal bands who don't take themselves too seriously should be executed.

Also Anthrax's goofy milking of the hardcore scene was shameful. Source: me seeing them 29 years ago

Also I don't like Anthrax.

Bunch of wrong opinions right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

hemophilia posted:

Bunch of wrong opinions right here

if you're a metal band in the 21st century and don't get the joke something is wrong in your brain

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

St Anger is better than World Painted Blood

the only redeeming thing about st anger is that if you like slam the snares are loving sick

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
I like got the time, its a good punk song

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
This thread motivated me to listen to Anthrax and Slayer for the first time in several years, and I agree that Anthrax is better. Granted, I like Slayer too, but it all starts to sound the same after listening to a few songs.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gobblecoque posted:

This thread motivated me to listen to Anthrax and Slayer for the first time in several years, and I agree that Anthrax is better. Granted, I like Slayer too, but it all starts to sound the same after listening to a few songs.

listen to Iron Maiden

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

listen to Iron Maiden

I do.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

a retard posted:

the only redeeming thing about st anger is that if you like slam the snares are loving sick

iirc all lars did was take the snares off instead of using a piccolo snare like in slam

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

comes along bort posted:

iirc all lars did was take the snares off instead of using a piccolo snare like in slam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyM3_u8SDNQ

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

good man

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

5'd

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I really like this video. I wish I could find a better version of it that doesn't have "smoke reefer" fly across the screen half way through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7NSKXftE

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Anthrax is the best live band out of the big 4. this song will always be an Anthrax favorite of mine even though it's a lesser known one from the late 90s

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
Sugar Ray was pretty metal.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
mark mcgrath was butt buddies with riki rachtman but i'm not sure if that qualifies someone as metal

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Varg posted:

Anthrax is the best live band out of the big 4. this song will always be an Anthrax favorite of mine even though it's a lesser known one from the late 90s

the best live band I ever saw was Andrew WK in 2001

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

comes along bort posted:

mark mcgrath was butt buddies with riki rachtman but i'm not sure if that qualifies someone as metal

Listen to what stuff they used to turn out before they went pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
i have it ain't that great

i mean, they're no mucky pup

• Locked thread