Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Kanos posted:

Is it possible for somebody to leave a Familia without the consent of their prior god/goddess?

Well, you can die. Or run away. But you can't overwrite another god's blessing, AFAIK.

If a God "dies" (is forced back to Heaven), their blessings go dormant, disabling all stats and abilities, but you can join another Familia and have them reawakened, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Kanos posted:

Is it possible for somebody to leave a Familia without the consent of their prior god/goddess?

When in doubt, assume Dungeon Crawl rules. So you probably get hit with a curse relating to your god for a while after abandoning a Familia.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

darkgray posted:

The Dungeon adventures get put on hold after this fight for quite some time, as both volume 6 and 7 are primarily Familia vs Familia wars above ground.

Ah, I hope the author keeps churning out the LN's and we get a second season relatively soon, because Familia wars sounds like just my sort of thing. Take all those rear end in a top hat adventurers being jerks in the obscurity of the dungeon and bring it into full-blown war in the light of day. That was a pretty rad finale, it was nice to see everyone get in a cool moment, even if it was predictable. I saw it as everyone weakening the boss to the point that its defenses were low enough for Bell's big attack to land and be effective, kind of the difference between attacking bone and muscle compared to armored skin. At a minimum it's a distraction while he charges up his mega attack, with Bell just standing there for awhile I certainly didn't get the impression that he could've done it all on his own anyway.

I dug the grandfather reveal as well, it explains a lot about what makes Bell so special and why so many people are interested in him.

A perfectly fine show overall, certainly better than its name would suggest.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!
I have concluded that yes, it is wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon.

Its a good thing that has absolutely nothing to do with the show.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

JimmyT64 posted:

I have concluded that yes, it is wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon.

Its a good thing that has absolutely nothing to do with the show.

I, on the other hand, feel that if the girl in question is about to get flattened by a goliath, picking them up (and running like hell) is an entirely reasonable decision.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Hrm, BD vol 1 sold 5135 copies. Not really enough to make them excited about animating more seasons, but also not low enough to discourage it entirely. With the light novels bumping into the 100k barrier for the latest volume, I guess it worked as advertising.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Any gif of the guy randomly bouncing off the Goliath's foot after they decide to use Asfi as a decoy? It's about 6:45 into the episode.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I was watching through this again with a friend and I realized that I don't actually know where they could go with the story after the end of the anime. By the end of the anime Bell is already a respected hero who is a good friend/ally of multiple familia(including the strongest familia in the city) and gods, he's got the nucleus of a successful party, and he's had a week-long one on one training session with the strongest warrior in the city who is also his crush who clearly reciprocates his feelings.

I mean I guess they could still address the Freya thing or go into some minor side stuff like Welf's thing with magic weapons, but it feels like they basically wrapped everything up.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Kanos posted:

I was watching through this again with a friend and I realized that I don't actually know where they could go with the story after the end of the anime. By the end of the anime Bell is already a respected hero who is a good friend/ally of multiple familia(including the strongest familia in the city) and gods, he's got the nucleus of a successful party, and he's had a week-long one on one training session with the strongest warrior in the city who is also his crush who clearly reciprocates his feelings.

I mean I guess they could still address the Freya thing or go into some minor side stuff like Welf's thing with magic weapons, but it feels like they basically wrapped everything up.

Well the overarching plot still hasn't been resolved: Bell wants to be the same level as his future waifu, which means he still has four more levels to go if she doesn't level up.

Which means there's endless stories to be had until he does.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

It seems reasonable to assume that conquering the Dungeon is some sort of final goal.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Did we ever find out if it's wrong to date girls in a dungeon?

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Namtab posted:

Need to leave that up until the very end for the suspense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Namtab posted:

Only when it is Hestia. Woman is completely nuts.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Namtab posted:

Depends?

1. Is she human? Probably okay.

2. Are you actually going on a date within the dungeon? Probably not okay.

3. Is she a higher level than you? Can your male ego handle that?

It appears there is a lot more to the story by the basic facts that the light novels are at 8 volumes and going strong.

Also, since Darkgray has apparently read all 8 volumes, it's reasonable to assume whatever he says is true, so there is a much bigger goal ahead. Also, Zeus.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think darkgrey has read all the light novels ever

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Kanos posted:

the last episode reveals that it was actually a video game and Bell Cranel is a young Kirigaya Kazuto's character in his first mmo

the show is p much SAO light anyway :v:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

the last episode reveals that it was actually a video game and Bell Cranel is a young Kirigaya Kazuto's character in his first mmo

the show is p much SAO light anyway :v:

True but Bell's like that excitable nephew who found all these power ups in a game you have and can't wait to show them to you.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

So is Bell Herc or Jason? That would help determine where the story would go, if they made more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Hoping Ryu? joins his family.

I hope Ryu brutally shoryukens the posters of this thread into low orbit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

In Training posted:

I hope Ryu brutally shoryukens the posters of this thread into low orbit

Ken would probably do more damage.