Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So the closest thing this show has to a villain thus far is motivated solely by how moe Bell is. It is kind of hilarious how a literal goddess with a terrible outfit can't motivate anyone to do anything, but like half the population of that city swoons over an albino bishounen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I like this episode, it went places and wasn't just more grinding.

e: Did Freya meet Bell in the first episode or will we find out about that later?

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 12, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

So the closest thing this show has to a villain thus far is motivated solely by how moe Bell is. It is kind of hilarious how a literal goddess with a terrible outfit can't motivate anyone to do anything, but like half the population of that city swoons over an albino bishounen.

The goddess can take care of herself, but Bell needs me. :ohdear:

e: I hope that ribbon costs thirtybux to buy and only costs thirtycents to make.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 12, 2015

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

(02): just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

AnacondaHL posted:

(02): just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife just give him the new knife

They can't just give him the new knife. That would remove the drama of willing to sacrifice yourself. They have to drag it out until he has all but lost the fight.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I'm sorry, but Hestia owns

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

While we're on the topic of crossovers with Western animations...

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

The goddess can take care of herself, but Bell needs me. :ohdear:

e: I hope that ribbon costs thirtybux to buy and only costs thirtycents to make.
1000 yen, or 8.32 USD.

On the bright side it has to cost much less than 8 cents, let alone thirty cents, to make.

AnacondaHL posted:

Reading crunchyroll comments was worth it for once because every single one that I read was "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE HIM THE loving KNIFE HOLY poo poo!"

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Raenir Salazar posted:

e: Did Freya meet Bell in the first episode or will we find out about that later?

Remember the creepy eyes just before he bumps into Syr?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Strong Mouse posted:

They can't just give him the new knife. That would remove the drama of willing to sacrifice yourself. They have to drag it out until he has all but lost the fight.
The most important question; is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yeah there is literally no excuse for Hestia not just handing the knife over but drama. Bell and Hestia are pretty :downs: about a lot of things.

(spoilers for the next arc) Huh, my knife went missing. Oh, there it is, in the hands of my new party member! She must have found it for me! :downs:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah there is literally no excuse for Hestia not just handing the knife over but drama. Bell and Hestia are pretty :downs: about a lot of things.

(spoilers for the next arc) Huh, my knife went missing. Oh, there it is, in the hands of my new party member! She must have found it for me! :downs:

Eeeeeeeeeh adrenaline.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

From the moment the met at the stall till the end of the episode, that was about the only thing worth thinking

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

It certainly feels annoying in the anime.

In the books the scene is told from Bell's viewpoint, and it's harder to keep track of Hestia's proximity mid-battle, so it never bothered me there. I think.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

ViggyNash posted:

From the moment the met at the stall till the end of the episode, that was about the only thing worth thinking
I understood her holding off initially. She wanted to surprise him. Wanted it to be special.

Even when the ape-thing appeared, I was relatively okay with things since, hey, in that situation I'd probably panic and forget about it too.

But you know, the longer they're running, and he's comforting her in a back alley, and he's locking her away and speechifying about how if nothing else he'll ensure her survival even at the cost of his own life, that might have been the time to remember the god-forged knife she specifically spent the last several days prostrating herself to obtain on his behalf.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I thought that when his knife broke would have been a great time. Unfortunately, Hestia's ribbon is cutting off the flow of blood to her brain.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Not an empty quote

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Well, I thought it was cute how she tried to pave the way for a future relationship between Bell and dungeon adventurer girl by approaching Loki.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Brings new meaning to the phrase 'god is my wingman' eh.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I feel like this thread needs to be made aware of this: http://hestia.dance/

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Was a while ago, but

Very nice.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Horizontal Tree posted:

I feel like this thread needs to be made aware of this: http://hestia.dance/

For some reason I was half expecting Rules of Nature over that gif, but the actual song it has works just as well.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

One question: What is Hestia's favorite beer?

Pabst, Blue Ribbon.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

We're kicking you out of the familia.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Pabst, Blue Ribbon.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The only thing with less content than that post is Hestia's outfit.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Pabst, Blue Ribbon.

This is a good post.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The boob ribbon meme is my favorite Japanese meme since the boob sweater meme.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Srice posted:

I did not know this was a meme

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

I did not know this was a meme

It has been enough of a meme to spawn funny fanart, and that's good enough for me.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Srice posted:

Keyhole sweater had a higher ratio of funny to pervy.

but perhaps if someone were to combine them....

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

a kitten posted:

Keyhole sweater had a higher ratio of funny to pervy.

but perhaps if someone were to combine them....

That would be playing with dangerous forces beyond control.

I hope someone makes it happen.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Srice posted:

It has been enough of a meme to spawn funny fanart, and that's good enough for me.

Marvelous

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

That bag is pretty clever and as far as memes go, boobribbon is cool and good.
Also, the crossover art owns

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

This should be a real bag at a convention/expo.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Boob ribbon ftw.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

BlitzBlast posted:

The only thing with less content than that post is Hestia's outfit.

Wrong, but I suspect that character hasn't been introduced in the anime, yet.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Shinjobi posted:

I want a show where fighter man improves each episode.

I'm with this guy. After screaming "JUST GIVE HIM THE KNIFE" for 5 straight minutes, I don't know if I can handle this show and need something less dramatic in my life. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

If anyone's wondering what happened to the tempo in ep 3, it's a result of how they've chosen to partition up vol 1: ep 1 and 2 got ~140 pages each, while ep 3 adapted the final 45 pages. Oh well.

• Locked thread