Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I actually think Ganesha was a pretty cool and responsible god. He wishes to party it up so everyone has a good time and considers the well being of the people over petty pride. He even cleans up after the festivities, what a swell guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Ganesha should have had a rat buddy. Or a rat mount. Or something rat related. (Ganesha irl Hinduism is often depicted with his rat buddy)

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

Ganesha should have had a rat buddy. Or a rat mount. Or something rat related. (Ganesha irl Hinduism is often depicted with his rat buddy)

rats don't last long in a town full of adventurers.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Rats are also very cute.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I finally decided: It's not wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm genuinely surprised at how much I'm enjoying just about every character except for Aiz (who's as flat as a board, narratively speaking) though I assume that's a temporary problem.

Hell, even the MC isn't that bad compared to his LN contrarieties. If nothing else, his outbursts tend to at least make narrative sense.

Though the Mythological Pantheon make this show; Ganesha's a bro, Hestia's a lovable spaz who's outlandish dress sense has started some odd nonsense and Loki's...well...Loki and it's all just fun and I enjoy being in their company.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 21, 2015

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
This show is cliched as hell and has dumb harem antics all over the place but the characters are fun and the fights are well animated. It's pretty decent if you just want some dumb, silly fun. Plus I'm a sucker for RPG mechanics poo poo and this seems to have loads of that.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Here's a good thing about this show: the ribbon that the shortstack goddess wears is starting to become a fashion trend in some places, because it pushes your boobs up and makes them look bigger when you raise your arms.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Here's a good thing about this show: the ribbon that the shortstack goddess wears is starting to become a fashion trend in some places, because it pushes your boobs up and makes them look bigger when you raise your arms.

Wait, there are actual real people trying that? :psyduck:

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
DanMachi isn't clichéd, it's traditional. There's a difference!

Somewhere.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Wait, there are actual real people trying that? :psyduck:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Oh, is that the logic?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nobody's trying it because they think it's some new, previously undiscovered way to get cleavage.

They're doing it because it's funny.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Not gonna lie, I gave this a try because of that hilariously stupid ribbon meme. But it's ok, gonna be this season's 'show to watch to switch off my brain' I think.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

ConanThe3rd posted:

Oh, is that the logic?

No. Some viewers (the kind that like to post photos of themselves) decided to check if a ribbon could even do the things it does in the show (it doesn't) and then some retarded journo saw a bunch of images with moontext and girls with a ribbon under their breasts so they thought "THIS MUST BE THE NEW CRAZE WITH THEM WACKY JAPS!"

Some idiot published an article about it and then lovely tabloids, gossip shows and other garbage websites picked up the completely made up story to regurgitate it as fact.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Det_no posted:

No. Some viewers (the kind that like to post photos of themselves) decided to check if a ribbon could even do the things it does in the show (it doesn't) and then some retarded journo saw a bunch of images with moontext and girls with a ribbon under their breasts so they thought "THIS MUST BE THE NEW CRAZE WITH THEM WACKY JAPS!"

Some idiot published an article about it and then lovely tabloids, gossip shows and other garbage websites picked up the completely made up story to regurgitate it as fact.

You can tell this is true because every single poo poo article or show talking about it use the same three photos.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

SHUT THE gently caress UP

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

So yeah, it's crazy popular, hopefully it spreads over here to the states soon.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's just a meme, dude.

(They also verified the obvious: no it doesnt' work at all)

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
The second book has been released in English today, so you should run and pick that up.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Det_no posted:

No. Some viewers (the kind that like to post photos of themselves) decided to check if a ribbon could even do the things it does in the show (it doesn't)

I'm actually curious since as a guy I can't tell from looking, do we know why it doesn't work? My guess is on uncomfortable.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm actually curious since as a guy I can't tell from looking, do we know why it doesn't work? My guess is on uncomfortable.

For one, it's not affixed to anything such that it could actually lift anything, unless you keep your shoulders/arms lifted. This is obviously tiring. For another, it won't work if the ribbon is too close to the ribcage, it should be somewhere around the middle, and it's gonna be prone to slipping.

Incidentally, if you look at the reference pic you can tell the ribbon's not actually doing anything, and it's not needed either because anime physics are magical.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 21, 2015

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

darkgray posted:

The second book has been released in English today, so you should run and pick that up.
I turned on my Kindle after work and it wasn't auto-downloaded. Disappointed, I found my credit card had been updated since the pre-order and the expiration date was wrong. Fixed that real fast. I'll start reading it tonight -- in English.

I suspect we're going to see cosplay Hestia outfits fairly soon, ribbon and all. Should be... interesting.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

"Shortstack" is a very appropriate nickname for Hestia. Kudos to whoever thought it up.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Haha yeah how do boobs work

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Anatomy is hard. Ever spent 6 hours trying to draw your own hands? gently caress hands.

book
Nov 29, 2014

Raenir Salazar posted:

gently caress hands.

All the time.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Kyte posted:

For one, it's not affixed to anything such that it could actually lift anything, unless you keep your shoulders/arms lifted. This is obviously tiring. For another, it won't work if the ribbon is too close to the ribcage, it should be somewhere around the middle, and it's gonna be prone to slipping.

Incidentally, if you look at the reference pic you can tell the ribbon's not actually doing anything, and it's not needed either because anime physics are magical.

My wife and I did some experimenting and came up with a possible explanation. First off, that ribbon isn't natural- from what we could observe it appears to change length and keep the same tension while she moves. But, if the ribbon were a secondary external support for a halter bra, the show behavior relatively matches the observed behavior. This brings into question- if Hestia has access to fabric that can intelligently keep the same tension, why is it not used in the dress or bra itself? We then decided Hestia liberated the ribbon from Hephaestus' stocks and used it that way because she can't sew.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wizardry Online (whatever that is, never heard of it) gets into the act.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Gotta love that photobomb.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dan7el posted:

I suspect we're going to see cosplay Hestia outfits fairly soon, ribbon and all. Should be... interesting.

I've seen cosplayers do Nudist Beach(Female version) and Shimakaze and the adjustments for real human anatomy made it look quite normal. Hestia's dress is just an open back party dress with a ribbon.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dehry posted:

Hestia's dress is just an open back party dress with a ribbon.

They're literally rags

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dan7el posted:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bless that crazy german man

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

chumbler posted:

"Shortstack" is a very appropriate nickname for Hestia. Kudos to whoever thought it up.

Isn't that the standard term for short and stacked (redundantly enough)?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Nope, pancake reference:

dictionary.com posted:

short stack
noun
a serving of one to three pancakes, French toast, or waffles

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It's been colloquially used as a fetish term for a while now, please understand

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

ADTRW continuing to be one of the whitest subforums here.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Nope, pancake reference.

• Locked thread