Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Well, I thought it was cute how she tried to pave the way for a future relationship between Bell and dungeon adventurer girl by approaching Loki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Check out The Worst Things For Sale banner ad that pops up- AFAIK all the stuff from it is on amazon. The guy who does it sometimes highlights particularly bizarre novels.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
It evidently has a sequel.

quote:

You can hit the “look inside” link on the listing if you want to see how far the rabbit hole goes, but just knowing that the author of “Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt” wrote a book called “Pounded In The Butt By My Book Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt“ is probably enough for most people.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm actually curious since as a guy I can't tell from looking, do we know why it doesn't work? My guess is on uncomfortable.

Kyte posted:

For one, it's not affixed to anything such that it could actually lift anything, unless you keep your shoulders/arms lifted. This is obviously tiring. For another, it won't work if the ribbon is too close to the ribcage, it should be somewhere around the middle, and it's gonna be prone to slipping.

Incidentally, if you look at the reference pic you can tell the ribbon's not actually doing anything, and it's not needed either because anime physics are magical.

My wife and I did some experimenting and came up with a possible explanation. First off, that ribbon isn't natural- from what we could observe it appears to change length and keep the same tension while she moves. But, if the ribbon were a secondary external support for a halter bra, the show behavior relatively matches the observed behavior. This brings into question- if Hestia has access to fabric that can intelligently keep the same tension, why is it not used in the dress or bra itself? We then decided Hestia liberated the ribbon from Hephaestus' stocks and used it that way because she can't sew.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Gotta love that photobomb.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Nope, pancake reference:

dictionary.com posted:

short stack
noun
a serving of one to three pancakes, French toast, or waffles

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Nope, pancake reference.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Goons thinking shortstack refers to pancakes is my favorite part of this show

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
My wife and I like her, but then again both of us dislike Haruhi (the girl), and that's apparently anime treason or something.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The is a part of me that wants to cosplay as Man Hestia at a-kon. There is another part of me that thinks that that would be a terrible idea.

Also go to IHOP while cosplaying as her. Ask for the shortstack.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Oh, Hestia. The other Gods are going to send you back for messing with their entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Cut her some slack. I don't think she could see the battle, and she was really pissed off that her charge was in danger. If Bell gets offed, she's never going to get anyone to join her familia again.

• Locked thread