Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
So is there a reason why Hestia/a god is slumming it out with Humans is that the situation with all of the gods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

a kitten posted:

Bell is clearly too much of an idiot to live, and Hestia's ribbon+boob situation looks very uncomfortable.

I'm just trying to figure out if this is supposed to be a shout out to carameldansen or not.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

darkgray posted:

Apparently the anime is a bit of a success, because the light novels are now covering the entire upper range of Amazon's light novel chart.

This is why you don't order Chinese food kids. 50$ could go towards give more books!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I like this episode, it went places and wasn't just more grinding.

e: Did Freya meet Bell in the first episode or will we find out about that later?

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 12, 2015

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah there is literally no excuse for Hestia not just handing the knife over but drama. Bell and Hestia are pretty :downs: about a lot of things.

(spoilers for the next arc) Huh, my knife went missing. Oh, there it is, in the hands of my new party member! She must have found it for me! :downs:

Eeeeeeeeeh adrenaline.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Brings new meaning to the phrase 'god is my wingman' eh.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

darkgray posted:

It takes me 10 hours to read. :(

Yeah, they'll probably cover vol 2 over episodes 4-5, or bake it straight into vol 3's episodes, where the real climax takes place.

In Japan, vol 7 just came out this week. Hopefully I'll get it shipped here before the month is over.

I wonder if its a lot of pressure on the author once the anime became a hit. Most of these newer LN writers are young 20-somethings right?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Det_no posted:

No. Some viewers (the kind that like to post photos of themselves) decided to check if a ribbon could even do the things it does in the show (it doesn't)

I'm actually curious since as a guy I can't tell from looking, do we know why it doesn't work? My guess is on uncomfortable.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Anatomy is hard. Ever spent 6 hours trying to draw your own hands? gently caress hands.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

Legal reasons I imagine, a lot of things like D&D seem to go with halfling instead as well. At least I've always assumed that's why anyway.

Yeah Tolkien Jr. is (rightly or wrongly) quite litigious when it comes to his father's estate.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Hestia's date outfit was waaaaay nicer than het weird cabaret bar outfit.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Annointed posted:

Lili you don't deserve Bell's kindness and generosity.

On the other hand, I found her relatable considering some of my lovely actions when playing EVE.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Annointed posted:

Up to and including the triple crossing of your would be companions?

Have you ever played EVE? :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Annointed posted:

So a neo feudal society where anything goes? That sounds just like libertarianism.

A surprisingly large amount of EVE subscribes to it being a Libertarian utopia yeah, they also lose horribly to the Alliances that enact Space-Communism and forcefully redistribute the means of production!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't know. It's just obvious because I did a report on Norse Mythology in like sixth grade, not to mention Syr randomly doing poo poo which involves Bell in harebrained poo poo.

This probably fits. And is a weird inverted case of "Obviously Evil" and its actually brilliant. Why'd you expect one member of the MC's Harem to actually be another member of his harem? It's like hiding in plain sight if you don't know your mythology.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Bakanogami posted:

Man, I knew they were playing up the video gamey-ness of this fantasy world, but this episode was giving me serious flashbacks to the aggro trains to the zone border in Everquest dungeons.

You too!? :stare:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

NowonSA posted:

I didn't make the connection of the Parade Party having lots of supporters, that makes a bit more sense. Still, sword girl seemed to be doing quite well, and they had time to chill at the mouth of the tunnel and discuss their plan. I know talking is a free action, but they could have spent that free action yelling to Bell and Co to run away with them. Throw a stink bag or smoke bomb in their midst as you're going past to give them some cover, I mean honestly it's like these guys don't play D&D at all and bring no equipment with them into the dungeon.

They did what they did specifically to get the train to lose aggro and have Bell's party gain it instead.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I like the stark reminder that Gods are gods and regardless of their playfulness now aren't to be trifled with.

I also like how they kinda sorta illustrate how in those old fairy tales some gods can be easily tricked or captured by people who really shouldn't be able to; it's because they can't be bothered.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

darkgray posted:

Dunno. I don't think it's been revealed. Hephy is really good at smithing, Soma makes amazing booze, etc, no powers involved.

I think Gods just naturally have extremely awesome Skill stats. Let's put it this way, as an analogy, as written, if you took any of the Gods from the 3.5e Epic Level Handbook (Or the relevant Divine stat book) and took away all of their Spell Like Abilities, Supernatural Abilities, Divine abilities, and Spell lists; they would still have their stats, CR appropriate skill point allotment, and the Divine Rank bonus to those skills; What do you get? Tiamat, a Chaotic Evil God able to simply straight up bluff alignment detection spells to make her come across as Lawful Good.

So you easily can have someone like Hephastus who can still craft epic level items without magic/divine assistance because their passives are so drat high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

darkgray posted:

Hate to burst your bubble, but Bell isn't his real grandson, just adopted. Gods can't have children in this world.

Aaaaaawwww man. I feel like it'd be more interesting if he was a result of all that. Because Bell's very much in personality different from pretty much every media depiction of Zeus's progeny and I like the contrast.

• Locked thread